Men's soccer 2018 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2018

Reaction Score
By the way, the game tonight is being carried by WHUS on the internet stream on WHUS2.

Reaction Score
If you need the rain to consistently save you....

Unbelievable they come out flat again and give up an early goal. Where's the preparation? Is this team anywhere near as good as its record? How do you do this every game on your home field against an unranked team?

No question in my mind that UConn's record is better than how they have played this season, which is why I'm always saying how lucky this team has been. And that includes getting that game in Providence getting cancelled due to lightning when they were losing. The Huskies should probably have another loss or two on their record, but they have been riding Lady Luck this season.

Reaction Score
Wow, Blaise N'Gague scores with 8 seconds to go in the first half to tie the game at 1. Thiam gets the assist. According to John Tuite, UConn was definitely outplayed in that half.

It's amazing. They don't play well and you look up and it's tied.

Reaction Score
No question in my mind that UConn's record is better than how they have played this season, which is why I'm always saying how lucky this team has been. And that includes getting that game in Providence getting cancelled due to lightning when they were losing.

Watching UNC-Duke on ESPNU and I can't help but wonder how many goals we'd give up against them. Some clutch goaltending and smart defense has the game 0-0.

Also no idea what is going on with the team twitter feed this season but it has been terrible. If not for dbill I wouldn't know the game is tied. They finally just updated the score.

Reaction Score
10 minutes into the second half, Vermont scores to take a 2-1 lead.

Reaction Score
UConn luck strikes again. Thiam scores off a Harris cross which goes off the goalkeeper's hands. Tied at 2 about half way through the second half.

Reaction Score
UConn goalkeeper Aviza has made a couple nice saves the last few minutes.

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the final goal by UConn. Thiam sends in another long shot (just like his last minute goal against Temple). The ball goes over the keeper, bounces off the crossbar, bounces off the keeper. The ball goes to Harris in front of the net, who puts it in. Simply insane.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the final goal by UConn. Thiam sends in another long shot (just like his last minute goal against Temple). The ball goes over the keeper, bounces off the crossbar, bounces off the keeper. The ball goes to Harris in front of the net, who puts it in. Simply insane.
Anyway to post that video replay here?

Reaction Score
UConn Blog story on the game last night:

UConn Men’s Soccer Wins Last-Second Thriller vs. Vermont, 3-2

Ray Reid quotes from the article:

>Head coach Ray Reid was very aware of the Huskies’ penchant for late-game heroics.

“We can’t continue to live this way, because it will blow up when it means the most to us. We’re trying as a coaching staff to fix it,” he said. “But on the other hand, they’re resilient. I’ll be positive now and say this is the toughest group of kids in 22 years at UConn. They’re playing with fire, and I don’t know if they’re mature enough to figure it out.”

He then shook his head, noting, “I’ve never had a team remotely able to do what they’ve done seven times. Abdou’s first three years, we didn’t do this nearly the amount we’ve done in just his last year now. Before, we’d go down a goal, and not score again. Now they gift teams a goal and we beat them 2-1.”<

Reaction Score
This Thiam kid seems ridiculous, how does he compare to Cyle Larin both as a college player and a draft prospect

Reaction Score
Even after the loss to SMU, UConn is clocking in at No. 14 in the RPI. Conference foe Central Florida is at No. 10, and SMU is at No. 53. The RPI is hardly a perfect metric, and I have a hard time believing that UConn is the 14th best team in the country. Still, I would think this ranking bodes well for the Huskies making the tournament at this point. All bets are off for me if they drop Friday's game against Tulsa.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom