Men's soccer 2018 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2018

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The B.C. victory is a good one. I've seen B.C. play 3 times this year before the match this week and they have more than held their own vs some really high ACC talented teams. While I have been critical of Reid's coaching lately, and it showed its ugly head again vs BC I'm the second half, the team has shown improvement

Reaction Score
The B.C. victory is a good one. I've seen B.C. play 3 times this year before the match this week and they have more than held their own vs some really high ACC talented teams. While I have been critical of Reid's coaching lately, and it showed its ugly head again vs BC I'm the second half, the team has shown improvement

The other thing for UConn is that their record is better than it should be for how they have played. There are games that they might of lost that in the end they got positive results from. This is the luck factor that I've babbled on about. While their play may be ugly at times, the fact that they have found ways to win these games (or tie the games against South Florida and Central Florida) in my mind has to be viewed as a positive.

Reaction Score
Is UConn's luck starting to slip? With about six minutes to go in the first half, Temple scores first to make 1-0 in favor of the Owls.

Reaction Score
Tied it up. Hopefully they can win it. Why do we allow so many goals this year giving up limited shots? Bad goalie? Sloppy D?

Reaction Score
Thiam scores!!! 2-1 UConn with only a couple minutes left. UConn luck looks to be still intact, considering there was a long pause trying to figure out if Thiam was offside or not.

Reaction Score
UConn picks up the 2-1 win over Temple! Bit of a controversial win, with also picking up a penalty kick goal, and Temple having a last minute goal called off due to interfering with the UConn goalkeeper.

Reaction Score
To put the cherry on top of this win, UConn is now in sole possession of first place in the AAC as Central Florida beat South Florida tonight in their soccer match. UConn and South Florida had been tied for first before tonight's games.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how this team keeps winning. But whatever works, works for me!

Reaction Score

Can you see why there was all that referee discussion after the second goal? I think I heard something about offside. I couldn't see downfield at the time from where I was ... but from the video Thiam does not look off. Perhaps before the camera panned? Perhaps Burnett? ... but he wasn't in the play I think.

Reaction Score
Tied it up. Hopefully they can win it. Why do we allow so many goals this year giving up limited shots? Bad goalie? Sloppy D?

I'm impressed by both keeper and D. But I agree, it's been quite often this year that something so standard is happening that this particular fan is not really even paying attention ... and then suddenly there is a ball in the net and lots of heads hanging low. Best I can say is center-defense brain-flatulence.

Reaction Score
I'm impressed by both keeper and D. But I agree, it's been quite often this year that something so standard is happening that this particular fan is not really even paying attention ... and then suddenly there is a ball in the net and lots of heads hanging low. Best I can say is center-defense brain-flatulence.

The defense doesn't seem to to be consistently bad, but there are the inconsistencies that lead to goals. However, what is helping the Huskies to these wins is the Mbacke Thiam led goal production has led to an offense that is probably better than it has been for the last several years. It all hardly looks like a great team, but the fact that up to now that do find ways to win these games is a bit of a turn around from how we have viewed recent UConn men's soccer teams. One thing for sure, this is Thiam's last season in Storrs, and I suspect we will all miss him after he is gone from the team.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting game tonight. UVM has 10 wins and are the defending America East Champs so it's a strong mid major. Exactly the kind you will see early in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting game tonight. UVM has 10 wins and are the defending America East Champs so it's a strong mid major. Exactly the kind you will see early in the NCAA's.

I also expect this to be another tussle of a game for UConn. Along with what is cited about Vermont above, the Catamounts also currently have an RPI of 50, so right now they have the fourth best RPI on UConn's schedule. No question they are a solid team. Almost every team on UConn's schedule has given the Huskies a competitive game, I doubt this is going to change tonight.

Reaction Score
10 minutes into the game, Vermont takes a 1-0 lead. John Tuite says Vermont has had the better of the play so far.

Reaction Score
Light rain falling in Storrs. If things go bad, maybe we can get another lightning strike to cancel the game, which saved UConn's bacon when they played Providence.

Reaction Score
If you need the rain to consistently save you....

How do you do this every game on your home field against an unranked team?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No longer a light rain, now it is a downpour. And we all know how much Ray Reid enjoys playing in the rain, and how well Morrone Stadium drains.

Just looked at the radar, doesn't look like the rain will last all that long, that is, if nothing else pops up on the radar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom