Men against boys, experience against inexperience | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men against boys, experience against inexperience

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I have all ESPN channels , CBS SPORTS NETWORK but no SNY so ill be able to catch just about every single game except for 5 so i just want to enjoy the season and watch my boys on a regular basis. Between the bs tv schedule and my work schedule ive missed far too many games over the last two seasons.
SNY games are broadcast on espn3, aren’t they? Or is their blackouts in the N.Y./ CT area?

Reaction Score
Its not a lowering of the bar. College basketball teams aren't as good in general as the great UConn teams of the past. Unless you are kentucky or duke you arent going to have 3 NBA players in your starting 5. This team has just as much "talent" as the 2014 team. Now the question is can KO cultivate it

Are you really this delusional? This team has nowhere near the talent that the 2014 team had. Bazz, Boat, Daniels and Giffey were far better than our top 4 players this season and Kromah was a fantastic role player. Bazz was a consensus first team All American, AAC player of the year, First Team All AAC, and won the Bob Cousy Award and Final Four Most Outstanding Player. Adams is very good, but not first team All American good.

You are absolutely setting yourself up to be disappointed if you think this team is as talented as the 2014 squad.

C

Chief00

Its not a lowering of the bar. College basketball teams aren't as good in general as the great UConn teams of the past. Unless you are kentucky or duke you arent going to have 3 NBA players in your starting 5. This team has just as much "talent" as the 2014 team. Now the question is can KO cultivate it

For 3 point shooters, as I recall, in 2014 we had Griffey, Daniels and Bazz. Griffey led the country for a large part of the season. Additionally, Boatshow may shoot as well as anyone on the current team.

Reaction Score
For 3 point shooters, as I recall, in 2014 we had Griffey, Daniels and Bazz. Griffey led the country for a large part of the season. Additionally, Boatshow may shoot as well as anyone on the current team.
Griffey, really?

C

Chief00

Griffey, really?
He had a great 3 point % until the last part of the season and he tailed off some or perhaps the defensive scouting report adjusted. He was no longer the guy left open when they attempted to help out on Bazz. .

Reaction Score
SNY games are broadcast on espn3, aren’t they? Or is their blackouts in the N.Y./ CT area?
Blacked out, but there's ways around it like using free VPNs

Reaction Score
He had a great 3 point % until the last part of the season and he tailed off some or perhaps the defensive scouting report adjusted. He was no longer the guy left open when they attempted to help out on Bazz. .
He was questioning your spelling of giffey, not how good he was at shooting.

Reaction Score
Are you really this delusional? This team has nowhere near the talent that the 2014 team had. Bazz, Boat, Daniels and Giffey were far better than our top 4 players this season and Kromah was a fantastic role player. Bazz was a consensus first team All American, AAC player of the year, First Team All AAC, and won the Bob Cousy Award and Final Four Most Outstanding Player. Adams is very good, but not first team All American good.

You are absolutely setting yourself up to be disappointed if you think this team is as talented as the 2014 squad.
Agree to disagree. JA doesnt have the talent to be All-American good? You may want to rethink that. You are confusing talent with productivity. They arent one in the same. JA is easily as talented as bazz. Will he be as productive who knows. Alterique is as talented as boat, Larrier as Daniels, and vital is as talented as giffey imo. Talent is a tricky and very objective idea. When I comparing talent I ask myself do JA, AG, TL, and CV have the talent at their best be as good as the 2014 core four? And I absolutely believe they can. That doesn't equate to me saying they will. I have no idea. Matter of fact it isn't probable. But saying they are just a TALENTED is not delusional

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Blacked out, but there's ways around it like using free VPNs
I’m in FL so it’ll work for me, I was just curious.

Reaction Score
Terry doesn't look as talented as Polley right now, let alone Daniels. And to say Adams is easily as good as Napier discredits how good Napier really was. I think you need to take your UConn glasses off and realize this team's ceiling is slightly about .500 or you're going to be highly disappointed all year.

Reaction Score
Dude, what is a VPN and how do I make this happen?
A VPN is a tool that can change the location of your IP address, among other things. People who want extra privacy use them. There are many free ones but the simplest is probably just to download the Hola Unblocker extension in Google Chrome and set it to the US in the streaming tab. Wherever their US IPs are based out of is not in the blacked out zone from my experience

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Terry doesn't look as talented as Polley right now, let alone Daniels. And to say Adams is easily as good as Napier discredits how good Napier really was. I think you need to take your UConn glasses off and realize this team's ceiling is slightly about .500 or you're going to be highly disappointed all year.
I think it's very fair to say JA is as talented as Bazz
Whether he has the same production level and/or success is another issue
UConn glasses have nothing to do with that comparative
It's fine if your opinion of this team is "slightly about" .500 - whatever that means
We shall see, we shall see..............................

Reaction Score
I think it's very fair to say JA is as talented as Bazz
Whether he has the same production level and/or success is another issue
UConn glasses have nothing to do with that comparative
It's fine if your opinion of this team is "slightly about" .500 - whatever that means
We shall see, we shall see.....

Don't confuse athleticism with talent.

Sincerely,

Larry Bird

Reaction Score
5 returning starters vs 2 returning rotation players, and our bigs being in foul trouble didn't help

Didn't like getting beat down, but it's just not something I'm overly concerned about. The team has to grow together, the coaches have to see who does what in certain circumstances and learn about their rotation. the players have to learn their rolls, the freshmen have to learn to play at a new level and both Gilbert and Larrier are returning from season ending injuries.

They've practiced with the coaches for TEN DAYS

Chill, this team is going to be fine, but it's going to take time
We'll see.

Reaction Score
I didn't say good I said talented.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just don't see UConn ever having a very good offense again under KO. In 2014, Bazz refused to lose and that carried UConn. Since then, it always seems to be a struggle, even against teams with far less talent on paper. I realize it's early and this team needs some time to gel, but I will be surprised if this is a good season. Not trying to be a pessimist, just being honest.
Personally I think you're an honest pessimist and willie is an honest optimist.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I get your point. Things could have been a lot different if PC had everyone healthy. Of course UConn could have been a lot different if it did not have injuries last season. It could be argued that those injuries not only impacted those players but some of the offseason drama.

Lot of ifs that I'm going to ignore. Bottom line is Providence played five players 20 or more minutes this game who played a minimum of 13 minutes/gm last season. Two of those players shot well above their 3pt percentages. UConn's focus was to have Terry take the shots because KO feels he's one of the major keys for the team and is very behind his development pre injury. And the refs took out Alterique in the first half, the other major player who needs to shake the rust.

Reaction Score
A VPN is a tool that can change the location of your IP address, among other things. People who want extra privacy use them. There are many free ones but the simplest is probably just to download the Hola Unblocker extension in Google Chrome and set it to the US in the streaming tab. Wherever their US IPs are based out of is not in the blacked out zone from my experience
Gracias, senor.

Reaction Score
Not even close. The only way I can see your point is if by saying "talent" you mean "athletic".
I disagree. I think you are selling these guys a bit short. In the end its just my opinion. We'll see how it shakes out. Though I don't think you'd mind me being right lol

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. JA doesnt have the talent to be All-American good? You may want to rethink that. You are confusing talent with productivity. They arent one in the same. JA is easily as talented as bazz. Will he be as productive who knows. Alterique is as talented as boat, Larrier as Daniels, and vital is as talented as giffey imo. Talent is a tricky and very objective idea. When I comparing talent I ask myself do JA, AG, TL, and CV have the talent at their best be as good as the 2014 core four? And I absolutely believe they can. That doesn't equate to me saying they will. I have no idea. Matter of fact it isn't probable. But saying they are just a TALENTED is not delusional

JA is as easily talented as Bazz is the dumbest comment I've heard on this board! Will he be as productive??? Dude you cant be believing your BS anymore. You're not delusional... you're whatever is more than delusional .

I'm so tired of hearing about Larrier, he has 1.... yes 1 win as a Huskie by 3 points vs Loyola Marymount, in addition to some epic loses. But sure we'll call him as talented as Daniels. What has Alterique done in a college uniform to call him as talented as anyone at this point, let alone Boat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think you are selling these guys a bit short. In the end its just my opinion. We'll see how it shakes out. Though I don't think you'd mind me being right lol

Any chance you think you're cutting the 2014 team a bit short??? Yes everyUC fan would love for your opinion to be right but that doesn't make it a opinion based on any reality.

Reaction Score
JA is as easily talented as Bazz is the dumbest comment I've heard on this board! Will he be as productive??? Dude you cant be believing your BS anymore. You're not delusional... you're whatever is more than delusional .

I'm so tired of hearing about Larrier, he has 1.... yes 1 win as a Huskie by 3 points vs Loyola Marymount, in addition to some epic loses. But sure we'll call him as talented as Daniels. What has Alterique done in a college uniform to call him as talented as anyone at this point, let alone Boat.
Relax lol. You can express a difference of opinion without calling someone delusional. Its unnecessarily argumentive. Neither of our opinions can be proven until we see what these guys produce. I believe they are as talented, you don't....cool. I don't think you are delusional I just disagree. You fake tough guys up here get real tiring real quick, because I'm willing to bet if I were standing in front of you you wouldn't have the same energy. We're having a discussion about a team we both root for leave the insults for elementary school

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom