Memphis v. Ok State | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Memphis v. Ok State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Say what you want about Memphis now, but when we play them they will look like the Lakers.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was the perfect storm for OKS. Smart was unconscious for a 3 minute period, the crowd was outstanding and Memphis lacked the poise to play under control - they imploded. Perhaps it wasn't the perfect storm for Ok St because their leading scorer was sick.

It's hard to know everything based on one game. Kansas looked like an NBA team against Duke and then looked normal against Iona. Duke looked great against Kansas and struggled against ECU. UConn looked great for 30 minutes in three games and then looked like deer frozen in the headlights.

The rotten thing is Memphis is considered the second or third best team in the AAC and they picked a bad time to have a stinker of a performance. They actually looked good against OK ST the first 10 or so minutes until Smart became unconscious. And that was it.

It's why I like teams making runs on UConn. The team gets the opportunity to see if they can withstand them. And the more they withstand them, the more they have confidence in themselves when opposing teams go on runs. This game is as much about mental poise as it is about talent. Duke found that out in the 99 season.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I took a shot a went to bed...looks like I made the correct call...the trolls will be out in force on our board today...if you want a laugh, go to: www.memphistigers.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom