Memphis game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memphis game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I couldn't be the only one who has been struggling to figure out what the Memphis Cheerleaders are spelling..

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
No, Louisville students were wondering too.

And for the record they're spelling score, a word half of Memphians couldn't spell if you spotted them the s, c and o.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Because he is lol. 16 pts. 8 reb. 7 blocks

Please don't turn into a duplicate of your more obnoxious friend. Let us lick our wounds in peace...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Honestly- who cares? I have trouble pretending to give a $hhit about teams like Memphis. If we are still in this dude of a conference in 5 years maybe my tude will change.

UConn doesn't have to stay...you guys can leave at ANY time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No sympathy for the reigning champ...none at all.
Here's a hint for you! When you go into someone else's house you do so with the understanding that it is their space and when you enter you do so with the understanding that they have the right to direct their home in a manner that doesn't conform to the way you do things in your home.

This is the UConn home. There are reasonable family members and not so reasonable family members. Some of the unreasonable ones have ticked you off. Heck most of us here are ticked off by one or more UConn posters at some or many points in time.

But you have allowed this family to get under your skin and instead of continuing to rebut points you prefer to take it out in the broadest of terms. It isn't any different than many posters here who make similar statements against the conference or teams they do not like. Except this is a UConn sanctum. We should have the ability to act "UConn" stupid here and frown upon "Memphis" stupid here.

You started out as a poster that was happy to be in this conference joining Cinci and UConn.

And now, based on a few mean spirited comments, you want to reject that entire picture. Even if the sentiment is the same for the vast majority of us, you should realize that it is based on the transition, which, most reasonable people would recognize is a considerable downgrade for UConn. It isn't personal against Memphis. The conference we were a part of was destroyed by others. Memphis elected to change. So if we have sour grapes it is normal. Deal with it and return to that poster you originally were.

presskh

Memphis Fan
Reaction Score
I thought the two teams were evenly matched in the end (to my pleasant surprise). I figured we (Memphis) would fold like a cheap tin can but didn't. We were probably playing our best game of the year and Boatwright was having a rare off-night. I expect UCONN to be favored when we play at their house and be ready for revenge.

Reaction Score
Don't like my opinion? Don't read it.

See you boys in Hartford...maybe you guys could try not poking your own players in the eye?

Turned into a real . But congrats on that!;)

ctchamps

Reaction Score

See you boys in Hartford...maybe you guys could try not poking your own players in the eye?
Just offered you advice which you can accept or reject or ignore. You're not relevant enough to me which way you go about this.

Reaction Score

Guys cut UofMemphis some slack, it must really suck not knowing what it feels like to win a National Championship.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Guys cut UofMemphis some slack, it must really suck not knowing what it feels like to win a National Championship.
He came here and some dissed Memphis. That set him off. He could learn a thing or two from @FriarJ and @seanmc94 about growing a pair. I admire those two nut jobs. (See Testiculo never dies.) This forum is about breeding toughness. So far he's failing.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
He came here and some dissed Memphis. That set him off. He could learn a thing or two from @FriarJ and @seanmc94 about growing a pair. I admire those two nut jobs. (See Testiculo never dies.) This forum is about breeding toughness. So far he's failing.

I don't care what UConn fans think of Memphis...I'm here because we share a conference...I didn't know UConn fans favorite pastime was trashing the AAC...I mean, only a fool goes and takes a dump on his own floor...the AAC is your conference too.

Reaction Score
Is there no Memphis board? Serious question. Is this like the place where the orphans like to hang out, because it feels like a real home?

Congrats to Memphis on the hard fought win. Congrats to UConn for making yet another terrible team look competent. Someone take this season out back and shoot it in the head.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

For what it's worth, Brimah popped Boatright in the mouth, not his eyes.

Reaction Score
I don't care what UConn fans think of Memphis...I'm here because we share a conference...I didn't know UConn fans favorite pastime was trashing the AAC...I mean, only a fool goes and takes a dump on his own floor...the AAC is your conference too.

I actually completely agree with this post and think you have been unfairly set upon here. The Big East is dead fellas, f the Big East. It's never coming back. Ever. And to top that off ALL of our former conference mates treated us like garbage in the end game, so screw them all. I was a Big East fan before I became a UConn fan but I could care less about any of our former conference mates at this point. Maybe we'll get into the Power 5, maybe we won't, but the incessant conference whining is off-putting and of no use. For the moment, we are where we are.

You should know though UofMemphis (and I think you do) that we will completely own you at home.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I actually completely agree with this post and think you have been unfairly set upon here. The Big East is dead fellas, f the Big East. It's never coming back. Ever. And to top that off ALL of our former conference mates treated us like garbage in the end game, so screw them all. I was a Big East fan before I became a UConn fan but I could care less about any of our former conference mates at this point. Maybe we'll get into the Power 5, maybe we won't, but the incessant conference whining is off-putting and of no use. For the moment, we are where we are.

You should know though UofMemphis (and I think you do) that we will completely own you at home.

I'm not looking forward to the return game...esp at Gampel.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Is there no Memphis board? Serious question. Is this like the place where the orphans like to hang out, because it feels like a real home?

Congrats to Memphis on the hard fought win. Congrats to UConn for making yet another terrible team look competent. Someone take this season out back and shoot it in the head.

www.MemphisTigers.org

I'm on both the UConn and Temple boards...you guys are new to us, so I simply came over to get to know our new conference mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom