Memphis game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis is -3 right now. I won't bet against the squad, but it's not a good spot for us. I'm really hoping the team gives 110% even knowing that winning the AAC tournament is our only way in at this point.

Reaction Score
Honestly- who cares? I have trouble pretending to give a $hhit about teams like Memphis. If we are still in this dude of a conference in 5 years maybe my tude will change.
If we don't leave the conference we have to pray that 4 elite teams emerge, us along with Cincy, Memphis, maybe SMU to get bids and draw recruits. I get sick every night with these ACC match ups that are way more interesting and competitive than our conference. Wish it was us.

Reaction Score
Memphis has been to 6 Sweet Sixteens in its history, so its not like Pastner is dragging them down. I think it would be fair to give Pastner next year considering the program isn't dominant to begin with in addition to the class he has coming in. If he doesn't look good next year then it probably is time to pull the plug.

That many, huh? Wow...

Reaction Score
That many, huh? Wow...
They actually have 11, which is more than PC, St. Johns, Seton Hall, DePaul, Creighton, Xavier, Georgetown, and Butler.

Which in case you did not realize is every member of the NBE but Nova and Marquette.

Bashing Memphis as a basketball program just shows your ignorance.

Reaction Score
They actually have 11, which is more than PC, St. Johns, Seton Hall, DePaul, Creighton, Xavier, Georgetown, and Butler.

Which in case you did not realize is every member of the NBE but Nova and Marquette.

Bashing Memphis as a basketball program just shows your ignorance.

That wasn't a bash, but thanks for the advice.

Reaction Score
Just saying it is still difficult to talk about teams like Memphis- I guess I am still more bitter about the break up of the BE then most. Really can't make myself care. I was at the AAC tourney last year as well as the FF and was in PR this year. I care about UCONN- the other teams in the AAC not so much- they just feel like a one night stand and I am looking for a more meaningful relationship.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just saying it is still difficult to talk about teams like Memphis- I guess I am still more bitter about the break up of the BE then most. Really can't make myself care. I was at the AAC tourney last year as well as the FF and was in PR this year. I care about UCONN- the other teams in the AAC not so much- they just feel like a one night stand and I am looking for a more meaningful relationship.

Preach brother!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey just missed a shot. Cue husky91 emerging from the woodworks waving his cane and hollering "I told you he was garbage!"

Reaction Score
Why take Brimah out when Goodwin has to leave with his 2nd foul.
Play someone else. Ollie is using this to test out his players to see who can contribute.

Reaction Score
Does anyone still think this isn't the worst UConn team in 25 years? These kids had to have been able to shoot better in high school. It has to be mental. They should truly think of bringing in a psychologist of some sort.

Reaction Score
Defense is awful. Brimah showing how poor his post game is. If your star player and leader getting punched in the mouth doesn't light a fire under this teams a** i don't know what will.

Reaction Score
I disagree - Hamilton is a playmaker. Calhoun on the other hand......

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They responded well after Boat went out. Offense looks good, but the defense stinks.

Reaction Score
Brimah has been playing hoops for how long? He mostly looks lost. Better yet, why on earth was he selected as a captain? You have a guy that is just learning the game... puzzling captain's choice.

Reaction Score
couple things:

1. Bet the house Nichols is playing after being out for a couple weeks
2. An "anonymous" donor is giving away free tix presumably to look good on national TV and get into the B12.
3. Line started at UM-3 but quickly dropped to -2
4. With Nichols & Goodwin playing well it will be hard for Brimah to stay out of foul trouble. Defense is going to have to be on point and we have to limit turnovers to win.
5. We seem to have the Tigers' numberso lets hope that continues tonight.
6. We're DOOMED!
This is how bad it is this year. We've been top ten in attendance for the last 10 years, but sadly, the only way we fans can voice our displeasure is to stop going until Pastner is gone

Reaction Score
Brimah has been awful on defense. Wow never thought i would say that but its been unbearable to watch

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Brimah has been playing hoops for how long? He mostly looks lost. Better yet, why on earth was he selected as a captain? You have a guy that is just learning the game... puzzling captain's choice.

Because being a leader and a positive influence does not always correlate to having a skillset, which he does anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom