Memphis game | The Boneyard

Memphis game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
couple things:

1. Bet the house Nichols is playing after being out for a couple weeks
2. An "anonymous" donor is giving away free tix presumably to look good on national TV and get into the B12.
3. Line started at UM-3 but quickly dropped to -2
4. With Nichols & Goodwin playing well it will be hard for Brimah to stay out of foul trouble. Defense is going to have to be on point and we have to limit turnovers to win.
5. We seem to have the Tigers' numberso lets hope that continues tonight.
6. We're DOOMED!

Reaction Score
Congrats on your victory tonight. Shouldn't have no problem putting us away by halftime.

Reaction Score
Also speaking of the Big 12, our AD has made significant budget cuts to the basketball program. The money is being relocated to football. Tigernation will have to wait to see if the move pays off.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Also speaking of the Big 12, our AD has made significant budget cuts to the basketball program. The money is being relocated to football. Tigernation will have to wait to see if the move pays off.

What does that even mean? Josh is still your coach, so are you just making your team practice in the dark and eat Taco Bell, or are you guys hitchhiking to games?

Reaction Score
What does that even mean? Josh is still your coach, so are you just making your team practice in the dark and eat Taco Bell, or are you guys hitchhiking to games?
Slippage in basketball is expected further added with the Pastner effect. You can bash the dude all you want. Memphis fans don't care. We are ready for the moves happening this offseason with the staff.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Slippage in basketball is expected further added with the Pastner effect. You can bash the dude all you want. Memphis fans don't care. We are ready for the moves happening this offseason with the staff.

I'm not bashing him, I'm pointing out that you are still paying his salary (and he has a large payout), so I am wondering what it means to say that 'money has been cut from basketball.' Is this just some face saving for a bad season?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Memphis has a top 10 recruiting class for 2015 as of right now. It'll be interesting to see if they still give Pastner the boot after this season.

Reaction Score
Memphis has a top 10 recruiting class for 2015 as of right now. It'll be interesting to see if they still give Pastner the boot after this season.
That class is probably contingent on the Lawsons' dad keeping his job, so I imagine Pastner would stay on for next year.

Reaction Score
Memphis has been to 6 Sweet Sixteens in its history, so its not like Pastner is dragging them down. I think it would be fair to give Pastner next year considering the program isn't dominant to begin with in addition to the class he has coming in. If he doesn't look good next year then it probably is time to pull the plug.

presskh

Memphis Fan
Reaction Score
I think we hang with you guys through the first half, then Ollie makes adjustments and Pastner does not, and you guys win by 10+. That's how the script has played out several times this year against teams with good (or even average) talent and coaching. I have no faith that this game will be different.

presskh

Memphis Fan
Reaction Score
Memphis has been to 6 Sweet Sixteens in its history, so its not like Pastner is dragging them down. I think it would be fair to give Pastner next year considering the program isn't dominant to begin with in addition to the class he has coming in. If he doesn't look good next year then it probably is time to pull the plug.
Pastner was given a golden opportunity rarely given to rookie coaches - at the time he took over, Memphis was a top-10 team with a good national brand and a large, loyal fan base, which helped Pastner pull in a few good recruiting classes. It's what he has done (or more correctly, hasn't done) with that talent that has the fan base up in arms. Moreover, we see the program on a continuous downward spiral and now Pastner has to rely on Juco transfer players to fill the roster or hire the father of a big-time recruit to get him to come to Memphis.

Reaction Score
They actually have 11 Sweet 16s, some were vacated. But I still count our '96 Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
They actually have 11 Sweet 16s, some were vacated. But I still count our '96 Sweet 16.
I agree with counting one or two, but when nearly half of them become vacated then I think its fair to ignore the ones that were.

Reaction Score
I agree with counting one or two, but when nearly half of them become vacated then I think its fair to ignore the ones that were.
Well that is pretty arbitrary.

Reaction Score
Honestly- who cares? I have trouble pretending to give a $hhit about teams like Memphis. If we are still in this dude of a conference in 5 years maybe my tude will change.

Reaction Score
Honestly- who cares? I have trouble pretending to give a $hhit about teams like Memphis. If we are still in this dude of a conference in 5 years maybe my tude will change.
Cool. Maybe you should just give up then. I love when people come on a UConn board and complain that people are talking about the UConn game being played that evening.

What a putz.

Reaction Score
Hate to admit it but I kind of feel the same way. Last year games were easier to get up for because the opponents were brand new so that was kind of fun in and of itself, plus at least we still had Louisville.

This year with the bad record and boring opponents it's just from top to bottom.

Still be nice to get a win though.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Cool. Maybe you should just give up then. I love when people come on a UConn board and complain that people are talking about the UConn game being played that evening.

What a putz.
We are barely middle of the pack in this "dude" conference so maybe go root for Duke or BC or Syracuse because they are in the ACC. You know you want to

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So would people rather we not discuss UCONN basketball here? Are you really that mentally disturbed by this conference that you can't handle any reminders of it?

Yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it. Being in the AAC is like having a micro peen and waking up to a full length ceiling mirror every morning. At some point you just don't want to wake up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom