Memphis-BYU | The Boneyard

Memphis-BYU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
playing now in the Marlins' stadium (Monday 2pm kick?). 24-14 Memphis as I post this. Heckuva turnaround for them from last year.

Miss the old BE days when we could actually watch these bowls and root for conference mates to bolster our BCS justification. Now everything just. . . . . sucks.

Reaction Score
I have to say, watching teams score TD after TD because of bonehead defense is not a pleasure to watch. But given the choice between this ad a QB who can't complete a pass, I'd take the shoddy defense and scores.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Definitely cheering for Memphis. Don't like BYU after our game with them and they think they're all world. AAC needs more quality teams and AAC needs a boost in rep. Go Tigers.

Reaction Score
What a turnaround Memphis has been. Just had another TD called back but still lead.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have given up on cheering for conference mates. A Memphis win here would probably catapult them into the SEC for all we know. :confused:

Drew

Reaction Score
Wow memphis just blew a 10 point lead in the past 1:30. Hope they can come back here

Reaction Score
Wild game. Two 4th & long conversions to get that late TD.

Reaction Score
I have no rooting interest but it pleases me greatly when the kicker makes the kick on his second chance after missing the first. Idiotic move by Bronco.

Reaction Score
What a game. Memphis pulls it out in double OT. Then a fight immediately breaks out.

Drew

Reaction Score
Smart money had Memphis -3

Drew

Reaction Score
Also that fight was so ridiculous and this is the craziest game i've ever seen

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
That was a crazy fight that had everything you hate, players kicking other players, swinging helmets at opponents, sucker punches from behind. There is gonna be some serious suspensions for any players with eligibility remaining.

Edit: this kid is done: https://vine.co/v/OXtwwqMa6Ya

Reaction Score
Wow. What got that fight started was working all day didn't see the game.

Reaction Score
BleedHuskyBlu said:
That's a pretty sweet overreaction you got there buddy

Maybe. Just sick of being associated with goons like this . . . .

And I would support suspending anyone involved for multiple games next year. Don't have enough guys to field a team? .

Reaction Score
Anybody catch that sucker punch Kai Nacua planted on the back of a Memphis players' skull? That was a real jaw-dropping "wow" moment right there. The whole fight was ridiculous.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A good game. A disgraceful fight at the end. It even looked like a Memphis player (#91?) started it by sucker punching a BYU OL.

I'm fairly certain that the seating for this bowl game, for some dumb reason, sat Memphis fans behind the BYU bench. I think (I'm guessing) that the Memphis players ran onto the field after the INT and towards their fans who were seated behind BYU. Of course, a few of the Memphis players were jawing at the BYU kids and when (#91?) threw the first punch, it was fight on and ugly from both sides.

The Memphis coach said it best after the game when he said that his team needs to learn how to win. What an absolute embarrassment to the AAC, Memphis, BYU and college football in general. That was one of the worst football fights and examples of sportsmanship that I have ever seen. There are several players from both schools that should face lengthy suspensions. Perhaps expulsion.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
A good game. A disgraceful fight at the end. It even looked like a Memphis player (#91?) started it by sucker punching a BYU OL.

I'm fairly certain that the seating for this bowl game, for some dumb reason, sat Memphis fans behind the BYU bench. I think (I'm guessing) that the Memphis players ran onto the field after the INT and towards their fans who were seated behind BYU. Of course, a few of the Memphis players were jawing at the BYU kids and when (#91?) threw the first punch, it was fight on and ugly from both sides.

The Memphis coach said it best after the game when he said that his team needs to learn how to win. What an absolute embarrassment to the AAC, Memphis, BYU and college football in general. That was one of the worst football fights and examples of sportsmanship that I have ever seen. There are several players from both schools that should face lengthy suspensions. Perhaps expulsion.

The kid who threw the sucker punch was already bloody so that didn't start it....

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4A80...p4?versionId=69yknkiw0RR_DxXKMhW_n_zc5aP_ny9Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom