Memphis-BYU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis-BYU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The kid who threw the sucker punch was already bloody so that didn't start it....

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4A80...p4?versionId=69yknkiw0RR_DxXKMhW_n_zc5aP_ny9Z

I'm pretty sure that ESPN showed a highlight of a Memphis DL punching/jumping on a BYU OL right after the interception. BYU's #12 must've gotten punched in the melee that ensued quickly after. But yeah, that sucker punch was UGLY and the announcers both cringed when it happened live on TV. He should be kicked off the team (along with several other kids on both teams).

Reaction Score
#12 got bloodied by a Memphis player reacting to him jumping into a crowd and throwing more punches. #12 of BYU is a complete jackass and needs to get kicked off the team. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g60diy9js6r7my6/rekt.mp4?dl=0)

After watching a crazy ton of videos of the brawl, I've come to the conclusion it is almost purely BYU's fault. I don't understand why BYU had to approach Memphis players and pick a fight. The first video I saw was a BYU player push a helmetless Memphis player. Seriously, WTF?!

All that I have read is that these players on BYU quit on the coach, but it also appears that they quit on their school. Even though there are inexcusable actions by Memphis players, this is almost purely on BYU. If you wanna call Memphis scum...whatever. I don't care what you think.

Congrats to Memphis on their first 10 win season since 1938.

Reaction Score
Didn't BYU have 3 or 4 personal foul/late hit penalties against UConn earlier in the season?

Reaction Score
Glad Memphis is making a statement this conference won't get pushed around

Reaction Score
BYU were jawing and cheap shorting the entire game. They were really itching for a fight and got a Beale Street Beatdown. That is what they get for trash talking Memphis all week. They had this weird vendetta against us and I don't know why.

Reaction Score
BYU were jawing and cheap shorting the entire game. They were really itching for a fight and got a Beale Street Beatdown. That is what they get for trash talking Memphis all week. They had this weird vendetta against us and I don't know why.

Can't be too proud of that "beat down" it was disgraceful by both.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How can any of you root for an AAC teams? Any time a school does well in this conference it moves them closer to a P5 invite. Gone are the days of rooting for conference mates. I enjoyed that when we were in the BE but until we get into a P5 conference it's every school for themselves. For all we know this win catapults Memphis into the B12 and leaves us stuck in crap.....honestly, I just can't hope any of our conference mates do well. If we were guaranteed to all be in this dumpster fire for awhile Id cheer or feel good for their win, not the hideous brawl. However, with rumors swirling, I'm kinda bummed they won.

Reaction Score
Anybody catch that sucker punch Kai Nacua planted on the back of a Memphis players' skull? That was a real jaw-dropping "wow" moment right there. The whole fight was ridiculous.

My son says what he learned in auto racing is never take your helmet off.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If you watch the entire 3 minute fight, at the end you will see BYU players fighting with each other. They sure are a feisty bunch.

Those spunky Mormons...

Reaction Score
How can any of you root for an AAC teams? Any time a school does well in this conference it moves them closer to a P5 invite. Gone are the days of rooting for conference mates. I enjoyed that when we were in the BE but until we get into a P5 conference it's every school for themselves. For all we know this win catapults Memphis into the B12 and leaves us stuck in crap.....honestly, I just can't hope any of our conference mates do well. If we were guaranteed to all be in this dumpster fire for awhile Id cheer or feel good for their win, not the hideous brawl. However, with rumors swirling, I'm kinda bummed they won.
That's the kind of unsportsmanlike attitude that helped keep us out of the ACC . Go ahead ....keep it up, lets see how fast the Huskies get invited anywhere. If your part of a group, you band together, you work togfether. All for one and one for all....until you find a way out of it. But... in the mean time you represent like you were where you want to be. That's the high road. That's what gets respect.

As far as the brawl...what a shame. Memphis has a golden opportunity to get respect not only for themselves but for the league and they blow it regardless of what BYU said or did.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If you watch the entire 3 minute fight, at the end you will see BYU players fighting with each other. They sure are a feisty bunch.

I heard one BYU player made fun of the other BYU player's wives, could be a rumor though.

Reaction Score
Definitely cheering for Memphis. Don't like BYU after our game with them and they think they're all world. AAC needs more quality teams and AAC needs a boost in rep. Go Tigers.

BYU was very chippy , late hitting when we played them. Some were actually saying that they play dirty. I thought so. Sad for a religious school.

Is that because of the way mendenhall coaches? Glad we didn't have to spend a week with that team.

Reaction Score
That's the kind of unsportsmanlike attitude that helped keep us out of the ACC . Go ahead ....keep it up, lets see how fast the Huskies get invited anywhere. If your part of a group, you band together, you work togfether. All for one and one for all....until you find a way out of it. But... in the mean time you represent like you were where you want to be. That's the high road. That's what gets respect.
/QUOTE]

Please tell us how that worked out for us in the OBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom