Memphis/AAC Tourney Trip? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memphis/AAC Tourney Trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought I would come over and offer some helpful advice for those coming from out of town. Looks like UofMemphis beat me to it and has y'all taken care of. Memphis generally does know how to put on a good show, so hopefully you come and enjoy yourselves and want to come back.

As a fan, I wills say, hopefully not too much fun since we are stuck playing you guys in the first round (was really hoping we were going to face SMU). Not to mention if somehow we figure you guys out (no luck so far), Cincy who is an even tougher match up for us with the way we play, is now the next step. That whole coin flip thing is a mess.

We have the home court advantage, so hopefully we can take you guys this time (I have heard beating a team three times in a season is tough, so going to stick with that logic). If you manage to take us down again, all the best against Cincy and then Loserville. :)

Reaction Score
I thought I would come over and offer some helpful advice for those coming from out of town. Looks like UofMemphis beat me to it and has y'all taken care of. Memphis generally does know how to put on a good show, so hopefully you come and enjoy yourselves and want to come back.

As a fan, I wills say, hopefully not too much fun since we are stuck playing you guys in the first round (was really hoping we were going to face SMU). Not to mention if somehow we figure you guys out (no luck so far), Cincy who is an even tougher match up for us with the way we play, is now the next step. That whole coin flip thing is a mess.

We have the home court advantage, so hopefully we can take you guys this time (I have heard beating a team three times in a season is tough, so going to stick with that logic). If you manage to take us down again, all the best against Cincy and then Loserville. :)

This is a very astute and persuasive post, it builds and builds and gets better and better.

Reaction Score
Y'all stay away from the tourist traps: Corkys, Rendezvous, Graceland...

Beale is fun...visit Cooper-Young, Overton Square, Memphis Zoo...

Stay away from Graceland but go to the Zoo? I take it you are not a music fan.

I thought Graceland was terrific and highly recommend it, but i'm a music fan so to each his own.

The Martin Luther King museum (Lorraine Motel) was also very interesting, but i'm also a history buff.

Last edited:

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Stay away from Graceland but go to the Zoo? I take it you are not a music fan.

I thought Graceland was terrific and highly recommend it, but i'm a music fan so to each his own.

The Martin Luther King museum was also very interesting, but i'm also a history buff.

Zoo is in a great part of town and was named the #1 Zoo in America by trip advisor...Graceland is in a bad part of town, but it's cool to see...just lock your doors.

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2008/08/04/daily38.html

Reaction Score
Will be down town tomorrow night for the break between the early and late games. Hope to run into some of you then. Better to run into you when still happy and tear free in case we don't come out victorious. For those that can't make it, hopefully you can catch it on tv and get a taste of the town as it were. Hopefully we can convince you to come next season as it seems we are tied at the hip (at least until the next major re-org) of schools.

To those that want to rotate the conference tournament. If it can be financially feasible all for it. We noticed in Conference USA (ok, I know the teams weren't huge named teams), no other sites seemed to be able to keep the stadiums full like Memphis can. Now admittedly, Memphis up until now has done it while staying in the tournament. If you guys knock us out tomorrow, not sure how full or empty the forum will be for the remaining games. I still would love to have the tournament in New Orleans. Tulane has no crowd, but what a fun city to travel to for all fans. :)

If we can keep Napier to under 50, we may have a chance. His POY is well deserved. That guy is most definitely a pro. Not sure why, but he reminds me alot of Dwayne Wade coming out of college in that he is essentially unstoppable. Perhaps he gorges on too much barbeque and we have a chance :) Hoping that he struggles tomorrow night but gets picked up in the first round by the Grizzlies.

Reaction Score
Will be down town tomorrow night for the break between the early and late games. Hope to run into some of you then. Better to run into you when still happy and tear free in case we don't come out victorious. For those that can't make it, hopefully you can catch it on tv and get a taste of the town as it were. Hopefully we can convince you to come next season as it seems we are tied at the hip (at least until the next major re-org) of schools.

To those that want to rotate the conference tournament. If it can be financially feasible all for it. We noticed in Conference USA (ok, I know the teams weren't huge named teams), no other sites seemed to be able to keep the stadiums full like Memphis can. Now admittedly, Memphis up until now has done it while staying in the tournament. If you guys knock us out tomorrow, not sure how full or empty the forum will be for the remaining games. I still would love to have the tournament in New Orleans. Tulane has no crowd, but what a fun city to travel to for all fans. :)

If we can keep Napier to under 50, we may have a chance. His POY is well deserved. That guy is most definitely a pro. Not sure why, but he reminds me alot of Dwayne Wade coming out of college in that he is essentially unstoppable. Perhaps he gorges on too much barbeque and we have a chance :) Hoping that he struggles tomorrow night but gets picked up in the first round by the Grizzlies.

Good luck (not too much) and hopefully you witness yet another slugfest from these 2 teams when they play. I believe we will become used to such battle tests as the "rivalry" gains momentum. By the way he did have trouble with some wings at a 7 Eleven recently so don't you dare send any to his room!!;);)

Enjoy

Reaction Score

I will be wearing a UCONN varsity jacket and my 1999 NC ring- look for the bling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom