OT: - Meltdown In Canada | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Meltdown In Canada

Reaction Score
Common theme is 2-3 years in recruits realized it's a new regime and the coaches had to coach their own talent. And that's where it goes sideways and then down hill.
Salient point. Sometimes a change in mgt brings out the best in the current team, but then going forward, it's all on the new guy

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Indiana thought they had their man with their trip to the FF under Davis....but he never got back. Luckily Ollie closed the deal
Luckily Bazz&Boat closed the deal

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I chuckled when I read this. They really have no idea...
1610166864425.png

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Joe Girard has somehow regressed and is shooting like 29% from the floor.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I like this one:

".....We are a fire that was once blazing hot with wildly unpredictable flames and is now just some smoldering cinders waiting for someone to urinate on them to put the fire out...."
A dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I can ever route for GTown -Pe-toowey!
But today might be as close as I get.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I can ever route for GTown -Pe-toowey!
But today might be as close as I get.

I haven't paid much attention to Gtown. Something about me wants to root for Patrick Ewing to succeed though.
I really liked him as a player at Gtown. I rooted for the Hoyas against UNC and against Villanova. Of course I liked Olajuwon better so I rooted for Houston against Gtown. Final Fours in the early 80's didn't bring me much joy (I also rooted for Houston against NC St)
In the NBA I didn't like him much and always thought he got away with travels when he'd do that running jump shot across the lane.
He made more than enough money and was secure in his legacy after he was done and could have wrapped it up and lived a nice life. He chose to go the NBA asst coach route and spent way too many years trying to get over the hump and get his shot.
He took a risk going back to his alma mater and he certainly has had turmoil with his roster. Overall, it appears Ewing has a standard and be damned if you don't follow it. I can respect that.
Let's face it. A really good Gtown with Ewing as the face of the program would be great for the BE and great for UConn as a rival.

Reaction Score
Joe Girard has somehow regressed and is shooting like 29% from the floor.
He went the Mac from Always Sunny route and focused on accumulating mass in the off-season. For the life of me I cannot understand why he believed that would help his game.

As a fan base they vastly overrated him from the jump and everyone else in the world knew it but them.

Reaction Score
As a side note, that sounds like a line out of poorly written romance novel. Or, it's what I'd imagine a poorly written line in a romance novel would sound like.
Also reads like a high school sophomore who just found out about a Thesaurus.
I like this one:
".....We are a fire that was once blazing hot with wildly unpredictable flames and is now just some smoldering cinders waiting for someone to urinate on them to put the fire out...."
Sounds like the words spoken by a disgruntled spouse to his other disgruntled spouse as they sit on the bench inside the courtroom, to wait their turn to appear before the judge in divorce court.

Whatever other poetry they told each other during courtship, has come to this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like this one:

Sounds like the words spoken by a disgruntled spouse to his other disgruntled spouse as they sit on the bench inside the courtroom, to wait their turn to appear before the judge in divorce court.

Whatever other poetry they told each other during courtship, has come to this.

War of the Roses level hatred.

Reaction Score
It's suicide watch time on their board. They are shuffling through coaching candidates. Pitno gets mentioned.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
'Cuse led by 7 at the half and then gave up 64 2nd half points to lose by 20!! Buddy 0-8 from 3.

My only regret was that I couldn't watch it live.

AsI said after the other game when Buddy was on.

Buddy and JG will lose 3 games with their shooting for every time their shooting wins them a game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
AsI said after the other game when Buddy was on.

Buddy and JG will lose 3 games with their shooting for every time their shooting wins them a game.

Ratios may have varied but bottom line is depending on Joe G and Buddy is a losing proposition.

I make no difference in worrying about 'cuse making Sweet 16 and UConn getting booted in first round. UConn plays for championships, 'cuse palys for making the second weekend.

4>1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom