OT: - Meltdown In Canada | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Meltdown In Canada

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
That one guy -- 315emoney -- appears to have taken way to many hits on the crack pipe before posting.

Reaction Score
I like #2, "Bad enough that I am envious of Rutgers".
Wish he would have added the head coach and the associate head coach are both UConn alum. ;)
Steve making great strides there as I predicted he would.
Boeheim being in the hall of fame waters down the relevance of the hall. The dome recruited for him and teaching a high school 2/3 zone sent mostly lazy players to the next level.

C

Chief00

As some will recall, Chief got into it in Brooklyn/Jersey during the last couple years with a Cuse Assistant Coach. They have no redeeming qualities.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We were them not to long ago, let's not forget. My question is this. Who is going to be their Dan Hurley? Will there be one? Or will they dissappear for decades?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah although if you look at who those 6 wins are against you’ll realize it’s just normal Boeheim out of conference cupcake eating...even though a bunch didn’t go down too easily

agreed that team is terrible. Bryant should’ve beaten them
Buffalo too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like this one:

".....We are a fire that was once blazing hot with wildly unpredictable flames and is now just some smoldering cinders waiting for someone to urinate on them to put the fire out...."

As a side note, that sounds like a line out of poorly written romance novel. Or, it's what I'd imagine a poorly written line in a romance novel would sound like.
Also reads like a high school sophomore who just found out about a Thesaurus.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We were them not to long ago, let's not forget. My question is this. Who is going to be their Dan Hurley? Will there be one? Or will they dissappear for decades?

The problem is whomever they hire as their Kevin Ollie. The observation of never wanting to be the first to follow a legend has merit.

August_West

Reaction Score
The problem is whomever they hire as their Kevin Ollie. The observation of never wanting to be the first to follow a legend has merit.

By the time Boeheim retires he may not even be a legend any more. He is really just a bad coach now (and has been for quite a few years) .

As much as I hate the guy, its kinda sad to see what he is doing to his legacy.*

* actually Im sorry, Im not sad about it. Id dance on his firgurative grave

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
By the time Boeheim retires he may not even be a legend any more. He is really just a bad coach now (and has been for quite a few years) .

As much as I hate the guy, its kinda sad to see what he is doing to his legacy.*

* actually Im sorry, Im not sad about it. Id dance on his firgurative grave

Yeah, unless something drastically changes, he isn't announcing his retirement on the stage of the FF holding a trophy.

Like many others we want him just good enough to hang along with 17-12 records every year. I'm assuming he is staying til his kids finish eligibility and then he's gone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know, it got Ollie some hardware. He had a lifetime gig if he didn't decide to stop working.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know, it got Ollie some hardware. He had a lifetime gig if he didn't decide to stop working.

Yes ,you could argue that out of Indiana, Georgetown and North Carolina, UConn did better than any of those schools replacing a legend who won a championship. At least UConn got a championship before the downward spiral.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes ,you could argue that out of Indiana, Georgetown and North Carolina, UConn did better than any of those schools replacing a legend who won a championship. At least UConn got a championship before the downward spiral.
Bill Guthridge took Carolina to 2 Final Four appearances in his first 3 years. Hard to put down that fact, but yeah Ill take the one piece of Hardware anyway.

Reaction Score
Indiana thought they had their man with their trip to the FF under Davis....but he never got back. Luckily Ollie closed the deal

Reaction Score
Yea eh ?

Timing seems about right to inquire if a certain Canadian once scored 111 points in a high school basketball game.

Reaction Score
Bill Guthridge took Carolina to 2 Final Four appearances in his first 3 years. Hard to put down that fact, but yeah Ill take the one piece of Hardware anyway.
forgot he went to 2 in 3 years....but he was always viewed as a short term guy IMO, as he was 60 when he was hired

Reaction Score
that thread is beyond ripe for some epic UConn trolling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Indiana thought they had their man with their trip to the FF under Davis....but he never got back. Luckily Ollie closed the deal

Yep. Bartow took UCLA to a FF, Davis took Indiana to the championship game, Guthrie got UNC to a FF.

Ollie at least won a championship.

Common theme is 2-3 years in recruits realized it's a new regime and the coaches had to coach their own talent. And that's where it goes sideways and then down hill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom