OT: - Meltdown In Canada | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Meltdown In Canada

Reaction Score
Luckily Bazz&Boat closed the deal
They loved Ollie
He is the reason they stayed 4 years
I suggest all you haters watch the Presser before the FF to understand the relationship
Teams win NC not individual players ( Kemba came close )
But 2014 by year end was a great team much better than the sum of its individual parts. That team had no future NBA superstar and far exceeded their talent . That’s the epitome of what every coach sets out to achieve.
You can still hate Ollie and admit it was a great coaching effort.
I personally think that success coming to a guy who was in the public for years but largely invisible overwhelmed him and he went off the rails
You can acknowledge that and the incredible job he did at the same time .
Ollie isn’t the first guy or will he be the last to be destroyed by their own success. The bright lights are too hot for most people especially those ill prepared.
Most of us even those who have achieved can only imagine that type of success. Nobody to Rock Star and back ,its Shakespearian in real life.

Reaction Score
They loved Ollie
He is the reason they stayed 4 years
I suggest all you haters watch the Presser before the FF to understand the relationship
Teams win NC not individual players ( Kemba came close )
But 2014 by year end was a great team much better than the sum of its individual parts. That team had no future NBA superstar and far exceeded their talent . That’s the epitome of what every coach sets out to achieve.
You can still hate Ollie and admit it was a great coaching effort.
I personally think that success coming to a guy who was in the public for years but largely invisible overwhelmed him and he went off the rails
You can acknowledge that and the incredible job he did at the same time .
Ollie isn’t the first guy or will he be the last to be destroyed by their own success. The bright lights are too hot for most people especially those ill prepared.
Most of us even those who have achieved can only imagine that type of success. Nobody to Rock Star and back ,its Shakespearian in real life.
Couldn’t agree more. I remember watching that press conference and wanting to run through a wall for him myself. Like Hurley now, at that moment in UConn time, KO was the perfect man for the job. You aren’t a UConn fan if you don’t the love that version of KO. I am not sure what happened a long the way. Success, ego, divorce, who knows? All I know is that whatever happened saddens me to this day but I also recognize that UConn had to move on. I do wish that this KO went back and listened to that press conference so he can be reminded to take the stairs and not the escalator. Maybe that would have saved him from himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom