2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley is a world-renowned name. He’s in the building, and I can’t let up with that kind of coach; there’s no breaks, no time off, and I’m just keeping my foot on the gas.”

200.gif

Meleek knows the vernacular. This is a very good sign.

Reaction Score
After watching just 1 half today, Thomas is clearly a pure stud. He is a difference maker like McNeeley with size/length at his position. He is a big rangy 6'4 with great ability with the ball to break down defenders and get his own shot. He is much more than a spot up shooter at the 2G. I would covet getting him on board.

I was also interested in watching Preston Foster from Bolton that plays at Brewster with Aristode, and with Thomas in AAU. Foster is ranked in the 90's. His highlight tape of 4min showed 33 different made 3's with 15 of them from deep range a la Newton's deepest takes. He is a nice player that is solidly built but only an average athlete. Would be a nice role player when paired with athletes. Think Coombs-McDaniel in my mind so far. No idea about his overall 3 pt %, but is interesting.

Diakite was less than I expected because I didn't realize how slight he was built. He would be a skinnier Samson Johnson at the same age if possible. He is a good player but not a true help in the post.

Overall I haven't found any centers yet to covet.

Reaction Score
The baseline assumption that "certain" kids might have a bad family, values or be in it for the money is always noticeable. Don't recall too many questions about McNeeley or Mahaney's values.
Eh - McNeeley was an Indiana signee. That is a couple of potential question marks right there.

Mahaney and Reed seemed pretty cut and dry.

Reaction Score
Hurley watched Thomas again today. Someone asked the other day who the 2025 priorities were and I responded that we'll know shortly once we see who the UConn coaches are watching during the spring and summer AAU seasons. So Thomas must be a priority.

10:02am — Alabama’s Nate Oats and UConn’s Dan Hurley watching Five-Star Plus+ SG Meleek Thomas.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’ve wanted this kid since his sophomore year. He’s just a bucket. Seemingly checks all the boxes.

I love Hurley focusing on him as the big time G/W scorer for ‘25. He can be the main piece to a BIG class. He seems to be a priority.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Jon Scheyer took his foot off the gas.
Don't you know? Jon only recruits five stars and Meleek wasn't a five star until recently so he hasn't yet added Meleek to the seven already on the list.............but he's thinking about it.

Reaction Score

This kid is uber-talented and seemingly always engaged. Dan & Company could foster stardom here.

#5 is Thomas, #24 is Fowler, #11 is Diakite but I didn't notice him watching 1x so maybe he wasn't with the team that weekend.

Reaction Score

8. Five-Star Plus+ SG Meleek Thomas (New Heights)

Meleek Thomas is an electric scorer, able to create space off the bounce and get clean looks often in the half-court. The 6-foot-3 shooting guard plays with the utmost confidence, and that is a major piece of his production. Thomas averaged 17.3 points while shooting 50.0 percent (6-12) from three. Thomas will need to continue working on his base strength and shot selection, his ability to create offense is what continues his production. He is competitive and he defends at the point of attack with a purpose.

Reaction Score
Going to be another Kimani special. Hoping he starts off the class. Kids want to play with him. Then well get DA, then we take our swing at AJ. This will be Hurley's highest rated class since at UConn. Covid years are done, back to getting high school NBA talent.

Reaction Score
Going to be another Kimani special. Hoping he starts off the class. Kids want to play with him. Then well get DA, then we take our swing at AJ. This will be Hurley's highest rated class since at UConn. Covid years are done, back to getting high school NBA talent.
Acuff or Aristode?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom