2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please form an opinion from what you see from watching the game itself.

Saying Castle being just a rotation player is a success is crazy talk. And if you told him that personally he’d probably look at you a way for it.

Stop having such low expectations for the talent that we have man.
You have some serious reading comprehension issues. I didn't say Castle is a role player, I think he's a star. I only threw in the term role player because YOU said Hurley turned him into one and failed to develop him

Reaction Score
You have a gripe with the staff? They’ve won back to back national championships without playing a close game. They need to win them and please you as to the manner in which we utilize players while doing so? I could say a lot of mean things, but am in a relatively good mood so I will simply let people draw their own conclusions.
Reality is that relying on 5 star freshman to be stars and carry an offense in their one year does not lead to team success. Ask Calipari. Anyone that takes on that strategy will likely reap the same results. In today’s NIL world, you win with men. The mega talented 5 star 18 year olds have potential, but unlikely that is reached in their one year.

Watch Rutgers this year if you want proof.

awy

Reaction Score
rutgers will be fine. the two freshmen are that good. the most "get freshmen and let them ball" program is like kansas state or something, which incidentally seems to be throwing big money after meleek right now.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Reality is that relying on 5 star freshman to be stars and carry an offense in their one year does not lead to team success. Ask Calipari. Anyone that takes on that strategy will likely reap the same results. In today’s NIL world, you win with men. The mega talented 5 star 18 year olds have potential, but unlikely that is reached in their one year.

With our offense and defense we didn’t need carrying. We have a legit system. Showcasing would’ve been asking him to run it is all.

Showcasing was never gonna happen:

If I had to guess though, this is what it could’ve looked like

shrug

Don’t think highlighting someone and what Hurley says are mutually exclusive. Especially if you want them to reach their potential as he said. Wouldn’t that mean making them as big of a star as possible if they can be that good? Don’t think that and winning are mutually exclusive either.

Was thinking Anthony Black too a little. Think Castle is more of a pure point than he is and better scorer but it’s close. Think he’s somewhere in the middle of that and this (cause he’s not as fundamentally sound as Cade)

Reaction Score
You have a gripe with the staff? They’ve won back to back national championships without playing a close game. They need to win them and please you as to the manner in which we utilize players while doing so? I could say a lot of mean things, but am in a relatively good mood so I will simply let people draw their own conclusions.
save up for when you are in a bad mood,

Reaction Score

Pikiell might have a warm seat if they don't produce

Reaction Score
rutgers will be fine. the two freshmen are that good. the most "get freshmen and let them ball" program is like kansas state or something, which incidentally seems to be throwing big money after meleek right now.
Manhattan KS is a dumpster fire of a college town, in the middle of no where and a program that has done nothing anywhere. No legacy to speak of and little brother to KU. If anyone decides to go there and play for Tang instead of come to Storrs, totally not right in the first place. Arthur Kaluma and Coleman Hawkins perfect case in points. Kaluma feels like the anti winner, along the same lines as guys like Dickinson, Love and Storr, just not as good :).

Reaction Score
Manhattan KS is a dumpster fire of a college town, in the middle of no where and a program that has done nothing anywhere. No legacy to speak of and little brother to KU. If anyone decides to go there and play for Tang instead of come to Storrs, totally not right in the first place. Arthur Kaluma and Coleman Hawkins perfect case in points. Kaluma feels like the anti winner, along the same lines as guys like Dickinson, Love and Storr, just not as good :).
And Kansas State is still a way better program than Rutgers who has the #2 and #3 recruits.

Reaction Score
Pikiell might have a warm seat if they don't produce
This Rutgers season will be the perfect case study as it comes to “what can 5 star freshman really do”? Those two are clearly going to be given full reign, with not much to muck it up. It’s unlike Duke or Kentucky which often have layers of 5 stars. These two are gonna be in a 5 star incubator for all of us to watch. Curious to see how it turns out.

Reaction Score
Excuse me for asking, but I don’t know how a Meleek topic morphed into a Castle, roster construction, Rutgers, other recruits thread, oh yeah, now I know.
1722009350260.gif

Reaction Score
People just love to be miserable. The other day I hear relatives complain that the summer is almost over and I told them to shut up and don’t worry about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excuse me for asking, but I don’t know how a Meleek topic morphed into a Castle, roster construction, Rutgers, other recruits thread, oh yeah, now I know. View attachment 102558
Might be trying to lock this thread and start a Meleek Thomas 2.0 recruiting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom