2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas is set to begin his official visit to UConn and Dan Hurley today (Merged Threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas is set to begin his official visit to UConn and Dan Hurley today (Merged Threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too bad he could only hold 2 of them. Much easier if he wants to visit Syracuse.
I'm not a huge fan of the current logo and would prefer that we go back to the all white husky that was our mascot for 80 years prior to the current one, but the blue wolf bling necklace has closed a few deals for us.

IMG_3083.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of the current logo and would prefer that we go back to the all white husky that was our mascot for 80 years prior to the current one, but the blue wolf bling necklace has closed a few deals for us.

View attachment 101879
Agree with you. Voiced the same thing awhile back and most here on the board prefer the wolf.

Reaction Score
I was one of the biggest critics of the new logo on this forum, but I've been long won over and not looking back.

I like all white mockups of the current logo too. I don’t really care, but I am surprised we abandoned the all white Husky. It was uniquely ours. Regardless, I love the new logo anyway.

Reaction Score
In regards to the southern football schools
With massive amount of money -
The staff seems to be able to smoke out kids who are all about the money. So if these kids make it to campus it because it's a basketball decision as much as anything.
Which means Calipari is likely Effffed. Because outside of Money there is nothing he can sell kids on vs our staff

Reaction Score
In regards to the southern football schools
With massive amount of money -
The staff seems to be able to smoke out kids who are all about the money. So if these kids make it to campus it because it's a basketball decision as much as anything.
Which means Calipari is likely Effffed. Because outside of Money there is nothing he can sell kids on vs our staff
Well he just went to OTE for a bag. That popped up post visit being scheduled, so that does worry me a little bit.

Reaction Score
Because our staff is classy and let's the recruits release info themselves, and only if they want to. Meleek has had a pretty quiet recruitment considering he's a top-10 talent. He might just not be interested in the attention. Or he may have mever showed up. Who knows
I saw him in person in front of werth.

Reaction Score
Well he just went to OTE for a bag. That popped up post visit being scheduled, so that does worry me a little bit.

What are we doing here with comments like this? He’s going to be a pro and is one of the best players in the country in his age group. He leveraged that talent to get paid and to have the ability to devote himself to basically just ball for a year before college. Good for him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What are we doing here with comments like this? He’s going to be a pro and is one of the best players in the country in his age group. He leveraged that talent to get paid and to have the ability to devote himself to basically just ball for a year before college. Good for him.

I hate this idea that players getting paid is a bad thing. We aren't interested in guys that only care about the money, but it's pretty obvious from Meleek's quotes and the fact that Hurley is recruiting him so hard that he is interested in winning and being coached hard over all else.

Reaction Score
I hate this idea that players getting paid is a bad thing. We aren't interested in guys that only care about the money, but it's pretty obvious from Meleek's quotes and the fact that Hurley is recruiting him so hard that he is interested in winning and being coached hard over all else.
and he is going to get paid. It's part of the landscape

Reaction Score
We're speculating on the complex decision the individual will be making. There was no moralizing in my comment (I don't see grabbing a bag as a negative, it's just parlance.) We are speculating based on his past actions what may be important in his future decision. Hurley pursuing is a good sign that he values things beyond just money (but does not preclude that being a factor). OTE as far as I know is the highest paying option at that level, which is surely relevant if we're discussing whether he would prefer UConn or Arkansas (a team that has perhaps the most money at this level). This is a fan college basketball message board and discussing the decisions of recruits and the factors that go into it is part of that.

Reaction Score
We're speculating on the complex decision the individual will be making. There was no moralizing in my comment (I don't see grabbing a bag as a negative, it's just parlance.) We are speculating based on his past actions what may be important in his future decision. Hurley pursuing is a good sign that he values things beyond just money (but does not preclude that being a factor). OTE as far as I know is the highest paying option at that level, which is surely relevant if we're discussing whether he would prefer UConn or Arkansas (a team that has perhaps the most money at this level). This is a fan college basketball message board and discussing the decisions of recruits and the factors that go into it is part of that.
There are reasons to go to OTE beyond just a bag, you seem to be missing that.

Reaction Score
At the hs level it’s not the highest place to get paid……..:.it’s the only place.

In college he’s getting paid no matter where he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET