Megan Walker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker

Reaction Score
I just don't see MW as 6'1. I think she's a solid 5'11. She's supposed to be as tall as Napheesa, and Napheesa looks a lot longer and taller than her.
MW looked more like 6'2 or slightly taller in recent team photo I saw recently. I remember seeing and thinking she looked to be right between Phees and KLS as far as height. I just can't remember where I saw the photo within the last week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Megan shot it well against Cincinnati but for this level of play, she is only an average shooter. I think she will develop into a decent defender and an excellent rebounder, and a good scorer but a streaky shooter.
FYP
If she were a better defender, she would be playing a lot more. Not only does she struggle guarding a chair, but she too often fouls the chair.

I think it is a confidence thing. Fear of making a mistake. I'll tell you she looked terrific on that drive to the basket, didn't she?
I agree with these. I think she'll be especially good in the open floor on breaks with her athleticism as she progresses through the program.

The Starting 5 (Core 4 and Dangerfield) have the switching defense pretty down pat. Stevens and Walker still get lost once in awhile. I think they'll get there eventually though.

Reaction Score
I was generally pleased with her defense as well. Not to mention Z's defense. Meg still has a problem with touch fouls while she's guarding off the dribble. A common problem with freshmen. That will improve.

Yeah, she's an inconsistent shooter. Something I noted while watching her in HS and in the HS all star games. This too will improve. Just ask Kia about that. Her size at the 2 next year will make her such a handful though. In fact UConn's size on the perimeter will be a handful for whoever they face.
Impossible to prove except for what I've seen over the years and that is the refs will call a foul on a freshman that they wouldn't on an upperclassman.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Impossible to prove except for what I've seen over the years and that is the refs will call a foul on a freshman that they wouldn't on an upperclassman.
Yea, it seems that way doesn't it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Has the light come on for her? She's playing much better at time when will need her to be productive. I'm happy for her, and for us.
I see that light flickering. She seems to have a high resistance connection. Those tend to either fuse and complete, or burn open. But I am happy to watch when the light is on. I am sure she has a bright future , and will get over her current issues. She is a natural and everyone in the BY has high hopes for her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agreed. Several of the hand check calls on MW were pretty “ticky-tack,” although the foul call when she ran right over the Cincy player trying to set a screen was certainly a foul.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
game-to-game performance and assessment is just noise. My prediction remains: 2020-21 NPOY.
What is the vig , Bags?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
That's an AWESOME response-do you happen to have the minutes played per chance, that would be interesting.
Give them an inch...:D

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think that also goes for substitutes in general.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I see that light flickering. She seems to have a high resistance connection. Those tend to either fuse and complete, or burn open. But I am happy to watch when the light is on. I am sure she has a bright future , and will get over her current issues. She is a natural and everyone in the BY has high hopes for her.

Watt are you talking about, Ohm my God I couldn't disagree more. Your logic is almost circuitous. Allow me to illuminate you on this subject, because you have really amped it up here. Only your last sentence is over arcingly correct.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg's stats are comparable to not only Moriah as a freshman, but also Tuck, Gabby, and Pheesa as freshmen.

It seems that Meg play better when someone is injured. I think she tends to defer to the upperclassmen in terms of shooting. When someone is out, Megan moves into the #6 slot and feels a greater sense of urgency. These are 4 of her best games:

UCLA (Lou out)

Notre Dame (Lou and Gabby out)

Temple (Lou out)

Cincy (Gabby out)

She's still adjusting to the information overload at UConn and the higher level physical demands, but she's getting there. I look for a nice sophomore leap.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Watt are you talking about, Ohm my God I couldn't disagree more. Your logic is almost circuitous. Allow me to illuminate you on this subject, because you have really amped it up here. Only your last sentence is over arcingly correct.
It appears that the Dogged 1 has boned up on his Electrical Circuits 101. Your knowledge appears to be approaching infinity!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know I like when he posts about current events. I got a charge out of it. I'm not sure why it phased you.

Reaction Score
I remember saying in an earlier thread that if Walker was given a consistent 25 minutes per game she'd average 12-15 points and 8-10 rebounds per game................I fully expect to see those numbers at a minimum next season............

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I have a high level of resistance to this entire line of discussion.
Are you suggesting that we phase it out? You do not have the capacitance keep the connection? I do not understand Y there has been such a Delta in your appreciation. It seems there is a disconnect that may be interrupting the flow of things. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom