Meet the Coaches event before the Nova game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meet the Coaches event before the Nova game

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It was a nice little event, reminiscent of the signing day jobs at Rentschler.

Positive energy through the roof up and down the staff. Exciting and likable. We’ll see how quickly that translates to W’s.

Officially announced that Blue/White game is at Morrone on 4/21.

Took Q&A, someone teed him up with a playoffs question and he happily obliged. Playoffs?!

Reaction Score
It was a nice little event, reminiscent of the signing day jobs at Rentschler.

Positive energy through the roof up and down the staff. Exciting and likable. We’ll see how quickly that translates to W’s.

Officially announced that Blue/White game is at Morrone on 4/21.

Took Q&A, someone teed him up with a playoffs question and he happily obliged. Playoffs?!
Totally agree. Great event, definitely similar to signing day event. Love Mora’s energy and personality.

My buddy was the one that asked the Playoff question. He set Mora up perfectly, and Mora did not miss a beat with answer. That was a nice moment

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jim Mora tonight: "This is my last job."
Wow- I guess I have had him all wrong… I thought he was looking at the college coaching salary insanity for top P5 jobs and thinking why not me. #stepping stone.

And frankly I wouldn’t mind if we had Temple’s usual problem in two years because it would mean we got better- seriously better.

Reaction Score
Appreciated the opportunity to have some beer and talk UConn football with the coaches.
A few other takeaways:
Recruiting will prioritize CT and NE and branch out from there. FL and GA mentioned as well. As we succeed, Mora expects players will be calling us.
Mora talked of the fluidity of the Portal and how it has impacted recruiting. Every day more players become available and they're watching.
Nick Charlton seems like one tough no-nonsense SOB who knows exactly what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Charlton was a pleasure to speak with. hinted that more O-line help from the portal is on the way.

Spanos. man. he brings energy. his passion for this program is clear.

We are in great hands all the way around. thank you coaches for an awesome event!

Reaction Score
Wow- I guess I have had him all wrong… I thought he was looking at the college coaching salary insanity for top P5 jobs and thinking why not me. #stepping stone.

And frankly I wouldn’t mind if we had Temple’s usual problem in two years because it would mean we got better- seriously better.

Jim Mora is a professional. He would say that whether it is the absolute God's honest truth or he can't believe he could lie so easily in front of so many people.

My take on the event is that Mora, again, showed his professionalism and enthusiasm. Good for him. And I mean that literally. He has and will increase the professionalism of the program. But while it was nice to have a free beer, nothing said last night did anything to materially increase or decrease our chances of being improved on the field for next year. That we will see with time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But while it was nice to have a free beer, nothing said last night did anything to materially increase or decrease our chances of being improved on the field for next year.
So what? They were there to try and sell tickets.

Reaction Score
Absolute great event. Got to speak with many of the coaches and have a beer with a few of them. Spanos was the nicest and most energetic guy. I can see why the players love him. Just a fun guy to be around.

Charlton seems like a very intelligent, no BS kind of guy. Maybe I shouldn’t say this but I congratulated him on all the great portal transfers coming in and he responded saying how he couldn’t believe the previous staff barely used it. We had a good laugh at Edsall’s expense. Also cool getting insight on a couple incoming recruits from him.

Another take away was how young much of our staff is. Many of them said Mora was looking for a young staff that could relate to the players and he certainly put a great young staff together. Fantastic event and oh did I mention free beer?

Reaction Score
Any chance there's an audio or video recording of the meet the coaches event?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Great event, definitely similar to signing day event. Love Mora’s energy and personality.

My buddy was the one that asked the Playoff question. He set Mora up perfectly, and Mora did not miss a beat with answer. That was a nice moment
What was the set up? This is such an awesome moment that should go viral, I need to be able to re-tell it…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom