Meet Qadence Samuels | The Boneyard

Meet Qadence Samuels

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Qadence says of her decision. “And I believe that the head coach, Geno [Auriemma], will make me better and challenge me to be a professional basketball player.”

"the seven Samuels siblings and their parents, Shanda and Qwanzi Samuels Sr. ... During the pandemic, they would all go together to this court or the one at their middle school as early as 6 a.m. to train. They’d do form shooting, basketball drills and other on-the-court workouts, followed by some sort of strength and conditioning workout, which often involved running hills."

"... they expected Qadence’s decision to be a long, drawn-out process. In some ways it was — she had built relationships with other schools for over a year — but the UConn commitment came together at rapid speed. A few months ago, Qadence wasn’t even being recruited by UConn. "

"“It felt like a dream, to be honest,” Qadence said. “I was like, ‘I’m really at UConn.’ And it was just, to me it was unreal because like I see all the trophies and stuff.”

"I think holding her to a level of expectation and accountability is something that she strives in those sorts of environments. She’s willing to say, ‘Oh, I’m not going hard. I’ll go harder.’ Or, ‘Wait, you want me to do this? Alright, I’ll do it.’”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Quadence’s older brother plays at GWU and attended St. John’s College HS. I think he may have overlapped one year with Azzi. They both worked out at the school at 6 AM, and Quadence joined them some of the time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Qadence also had lunch with some players on the team, including Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. She was really excited to talk to Bueckers, who she’d been of fan of for some time. She was already plenty familiar with Fudd, though. Qadence’s high school, Bishop McNamara, is in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC), the same league as St. John’s, where Fudd and Qadence’s older brother, Qwanzi, went.

Reaction Score
Qadence also had lunch with some players on the team, including Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. She was really excited to talk to Bueckers, who she’d been of fan of for some time. She was already plenty familiar with Fudd, though. Qadence’s high school, Bishop McNamara, is in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC), the same league as St. John’s, where Fudd and Qadence’s older brother, Qwanzi, went.
Paige is the only one current player who follows Qadence's IG. They may know each other well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It tickles me pink when a kid reacts like this:"“It felt like a dream, to be honest,” Qadence said. “I was like, ‘I’m really at UConn.’ And it was just, to me it was unreal because like I see all the trophies and stuff.” You want them to feel that way and carry some of that through their UConn experience.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Duplicate post
Yes it is. It was also the first posted.
1656683204155.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOVE the puffballs. Hope she keeps them. So how tall is she REALLY? How tall is Geno?! People love debating that on here!! :D

BTW Geno looking healthy and like he slimmed down a bit. Good for him!!

1656693000589.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LOVE the puffballs. Hope she keeps them. So how tall is she REALLY? How tall is Geno?! People love debating that on here!! :D

BTW Geno looking healthy and like he slimmed down a bit. Good for him!!

View attachment 77297
Nike Twins.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She will be very distinguishable with those "puffs". We won't have any trouble recognizing her when she's in the game. They worked for D.D. Richards (Baylor) who is now playing for the NY Liberty in the WNBA. They should work for Qadence. :)
1656701226971.png

D.D. Richards

Reaction Score
She will be very distinguishable with those "puffs". We won't have any trouble recognizing her when she's in the game. . . .
That's true. My eyes aren't what they once were, so if I'm sitting in the nosebleed section of the
XL center, I usually have better luck identifying our players by their hair styles rather than by
their numbers.

Reaction Score
I think Ice and Ayanna will turn out to be the sort of players opponents don’t want to bump up against. Too solid. Just like Aaliyah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom