Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Respect = Earned, not given.

1686843262083.png

Reaction Score
Our good friends at the UConn blog do an excellent job covering all of the teams. I know it’s more convenient for us to watch the videos from links here but let’s give them the traffic on their site. Then they’re able to give us more content.

https://www.youtube.com/@StorrsCentral/videos
I subscribe to their channel - I watch the media availability there all the time. Good source for them.

Carnac

Reaction Score
As I’ve said in many a thread and been laughed at, I doubt she’ll play in Europe this summer. ACL recovery’s take a while, even once you are cleared to play fully - rebuilding that strength and trust in her knee will take close to a year once she’s cleared. Disappointing but not surprising.

I just wish there was more coverage about any other player- Paige won’t have much to say until she plays again.
Why do most players go overseas to play? :eek: For the financial compensation of course. Paige IS NOT hurting for $$$. She can take the winter off to rest. How much is her health worth? If she declares for the draft this spring, she'll play in at least 40 additional games after playing 35+ games for UConn this coming season. That's a minimum of 70 games. Does she want to put an additional strain on her knee by playing overseas after that? Especially if she does not need the money. We've seen a lot of players get hurt in the WNBA, some with season-ending injuries. So your take is not that far-fetched.

There are fans sitting on both sides of the aisle on this question. I say "rest the knee." Perhaps do some color/studio work on TV if she can get it. If not, become an assistant coach somewhere for a season. Paige will have lots of options once she leaves UConn.........whenever that may be.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Like Paige, Caroline has matured. She is more savvy and smarter with a complete understanding of Geno's game plan (and her own game) now than ever before. The game can't slow down for her any more than it already has. I look to Caroline to have the best and most productive and fulfilling year yet. It's time.

After reading all of the comments and media articles posted here, I liken our team to a "sleeping giant" that has been awoken after a two-year sleep (injuries). The consensus seems to be that THIS team has the talent up and down the roster to win it all if they can avoid the injury bug. I know some posters are tired of hearing posters say "If UConn can stay healthy", but it is the opinion of many UConn fans that it was injuries that kept this team from reaching and fulfilling its potential.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do most players go overseas to play? :eek: For the financial compensation of course. Paige IS NOT hurting for $$$. She can take the winter off to rest. How much is her health worth? If she declares for the draft this spring, she'll play in at least 40 additional games after playing 35+ games for UConn this coming season. That's a minimum of 70 games. Does she want to put an additional strain on her knee by playing overseas after that? Especially if she does not need the money. We've seen a lot of players get hurt in the WNBA, some with season-ending injuries. So your take is not that far-fetched.

There are fans sitting on both sides of the aisle on this question. I say "rest the knee." Perhaps do some color/studio work on TV if she can get it. If not, become an assistant coach somewhere for a season. Paige will have lots of options once she leaves UConn.........whenever that may be.
Huh? I am taking about playing for UConn this summer during the trip to Europe.

Carnac

Reaction Score
1686852934430.png

This picture was taken on December 8 of last year during the Princeton game. It's been posted many times. When the TV announcer looked at this picture, he asked...."How many points do you think are sitting on that bench?" Now I'm asking you!! How many points do you see here?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Huh? I am taking about playing for UConn this summer during the trip to Europe.
As I sometimes do, I misread your post. I focused on "overseas" and got carried away. The trip is 2 months from now. Once she's cleared to play 5X5, she should be able to play in games. Geno will probably leave it up to her to tell him when she's ready to play in a game, just like she did when she returned from her injury late her sophomore year, the game before senior night, remember? When she is ready, it does not have to be more than a few minutes. She will probably start out slowly, and work her way up to more minutes game by game. Hopefully, she'll be 100% by November. That's 4.5 months from now.

Reaction Score
As I sometimes do, I misread your post. I focused on "overseas" and got carried away. The trip is 2 months from now. Once she's cleared to play 5X5, she should be able to play in games. Geno will probably leave it up to her to tell him when she's ready to play in a game, just like she did when she returned from her injury late her sophomore year, the game before senior night, remember?

In Paige's interview, she may not play even if she's cleared. The are weighing her options since the games don't mean much until November.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88985

This picture was taken on December 8 of last year during the Princeton game. It's been posted many times. When the TV announcer looked at this picture, he asked...."How many points do you think are sitting on that bench?" Now I'm asking you!! How many points do you see here?
I'm thinking about 60 points, 20-25 rebounds, and 12-15 assists.

Carnac

Reaction Score
In Paige's interview, she may not play even if she's cleared. The are weighing her options since the games don't mean much until November.
No one is going to rush her back. She'll be back when she gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom