Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anything about anyone besides Paige? Especially since she doesn’t have anything in the way of an update yet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In Maggie's story Paige says she's not sure if she'll play in the game in Europe, saying she could but it'll depend on how she feels and won't rush things. All good updates on Paige.

Also

Bueckers wants to be better than the player she was during her freshman season. She knows it’s possible. She’s back to lifting the same weight she was pre-injury and understands the growth will take time.

“I'm feeling stronger, more in shape body-wise,” she said. “… (I’m) taking care of my body as much as I ever have. So, I think I'll be better, but as I experienced in my sophomore season when I was trying to come back, it wasn't as fluid as I wanted it to be. There was ups and downs, highs and lows. And I know when I first came back, I wasn't the player I wanted to be and I'm not rushing it.”

Reaction Score
In Maggie's story Paige says she's not sure if she'll play in the game in Europe, saying she could but it'll depend on how she feels and won't rush things. All good updates on Paige.

Also

Bueckers wants to be better than the player she was during her freshman season. She knows it’s possible. She’s back to lifting the same weight she was pre-injury and understands the growth will take time.

“I'm feeling stronger, more in shape body-wise,” she said. “… (I’m) taking care of my body as much as I ever have. So, I think I'll be better, but as I experienced in my sophomore season when I was trying to come back, it wasn't as fluid as I wanted it to be. There was ups and downs, highs and lows. And I know when I first came back, I wasn't the player I wanted to be and I'm not rushing it.”
As I’ve said in many a thread and been laughed at, I doubt she’ll play in Europe this summer. ACL recovery’s take a while, even once you are cleared to play fully - rebuilding that strength and trust in her knee will take close to a year once she’s cleared. Disappointing but not surprising.

I just wish there was more coverage about any other player- Paige won’t have much to say until she plays again.

Reaction Score
Must say I was hoping to see some short video’s of interviews with our players, especially with the hype that all would be available. Perhaps there will be additional posts……

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"I'm proud of myself for coming back. But when things got harder at the end of the season, I'm not proud of how I responded," Fudd said. "So I think going into next year, that's something that I'll fix. I think holding each other accountable is going to be a big part of our team this upcoming year and so I know that, say my response isn't great, they're going to be there to let me know that I need to fix it."

After the NCAA tournament, Fudd worked on rehabbing her knee, but she's now out of the brace that she wore to end the season and is nearing full recovery. She has been a full-go during team workouts this month and hopes that no longer being in the brace will help her get her fast-twitch response back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom