Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Leg horn.., how did Greenville do as a host? I could see the ACC women playing there next season if those bastids in Raleigh don't get things straightened out soon. I love the city... And the arena is in a great location

What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

My reference of a Cracker Box arena was with respect to the size of the arena. Coastal Carolina University (Conway, South Carolina), was the site of the ACC women's basketball tournament this past week (which I'm sure you know). When the cameras panned the people in the arena, I could tell it was exceptionally small, ergo my reference to a cracker box. It's a term not is probably not used much today.

The HTC Center: A new home for Chanticleer men's and women's basketball and volleyball. Coastal Carolina University opened its new Student Recreation and Convocation Center - The HTC Center - in August 2012. The $35 million facility provides more than 131,000 square feet of space that is the home of Chanticleer men's and women's basketball, and volleyball, as well as the university's student recreation center. The HTC Center accommodates more than 3,600 fans for athletic events and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including a Daktronics videoboard system.

A 3600 seating capacity is "TINY" for a college or university. Back in the day, we would refer to a high school/college gym or arena that was very small as a "Cracker Box".
Long Beach State
University (Long Beach, California), had a very small gym (The Gold Mine) before they moved into their new arena (The Pyramid). It had a capacity of only 1700. This was way back in the day when Jerry Tarkanian was the coach. The gym would be filled to capacity (standing room only) for their games, as his teams were very popular at that time. You almost had to know somebody to get a seat for a game. The odd thing about that was the student enrollment was over 34,000. Even some of the student couldn't get in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom