Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The last NCAA championship by an SEC team was in ??? I guess they just wear each other out in that uber competitive league of theirs. Sorry, no umlaut on my key board.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The last NCAA championship by an SEC team was in ??? I guess they just wear each other out in that uber competitive league of theirs. Sorry, no umlaut on my key board.

Not "uber competitive".

Just more competitive than the AAC.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
And for argument's sake... I don't see too many teams out there winning national championships besides UConn these last few years.

But I guess when you can rest your starters after every halftime during conference games then you should be well rested for the NCAA tournament. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Leg horn.., how did Greenville do as a host? I could see the ACC women playing there next season if those bastids in Raleigh don't get things straightened out soon. I love the city... And the arena is in a great location

Once you get use to watching only UConn games, it's hard to watch other teams for more than quarter. MS wilted down the stretch. Thearena MS & SC played in was a cracker box. It was only 100 miles from the USC campus. The place was filled with USC fans, all of whom went home happy.

What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
And for argument's sake... I don't see too many teams out there winning national championships besides UConn these last few years.

But I guess when you can rest your starters after every halftime during conference games then you should be well rested for the NCAA tournament. ;)
I never understand this argument. Geno gets blasted for leaving his starters in in the second half. Then it's "Oh, they can rest during conference play and that's why they win." If being in a competitive conference is the be all, end all, why hasn't the SEC had more national success lately? And I'm pretty sure Geno's starters are all averaging more than 20 minutes a game.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
And where has all the competitiveness gotten them as a league the past 10 years?

I don't know... and I don't care.. but what I do know is that my team was once at the bottom of that conference and we're now at the top. So no matter how much these wet huskies try to rain on my parade.. I'm feeling good right about now.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I never understand this argument. Geno gets blasted for leaving his starters in in the second half. Then it's "Oh, they can rest during conference play and that's why they win." If being in a competitive conference is the be all, end all, why hasn't the SEC had more national success lately? And I'm pretty sure Geno's starters are all averaging more than 20 minutes a game.

And you also don't understand sarcasm.

Reaction Score
And you also don't understand sarcasm.

I got a certain feeling something is going to change this year.... not going to say what it is... but do to the lack of being humble, something is going to change :p

Reaction Score
Leg horn.., how did Greenville do as a host? I could see the ACC women playing there next season if those bastids in Raleigh don't get things straightened out soon. I love the city... And the arena is in a great location

Lol the Bob Secours is one of the best in the South and fills a lot of fans...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know... and I don't care.. but what I do know is that my team was once at the bottom of that conference and we're now at the top. So no matter how much these wet huskies try to rain on my parade.. I'm feeling good right about now.

Tell em to use those championship banners and put them on the ceiling of gampel to cover up the leaks and peeled paint :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol the Bob Secours is one of the best in the South and fills a lot of fans...

That cracker box is gonna be hosting first and second rounds of the Men's ncaa tourney this year. When was the last time a arena in the state of Connecticut hosted an event like that? :cool:

A Cracker box indeed :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

It was fine, though hotel rooms were sky high downtown. I ended up staying out in the suburbs to save some money for NCAAT trips.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That cracker box is gonna be hosting first and second rounds of the Men's ncaa tourney this year. When was the last time a arena in the state of Connecticut hosted an event like that? :cool:

A Cracker box indeed :rolleyes:

It's not a bad arena. I prefer the CLA in Columbia, but it was a good site for the SECT and it will be for the NCAAT, too.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Like that trip out to Stockton? :eek:

I know. I'm going to our men's games as long as they're in it and then the women's after that. I hope they're close enough to each other that I can do both. I'd have to really think about a trip to Stockton, but I went to Sioux Falls, so it's no worse.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I know. I'm going to our men's games as long as they're in it and then the women's after that. I hope they're close enough to each other that I can do both. I'd have to really think about a trip to Stockton, but I went to Sioux Falls, so it's no worse.

Probably easier to get to Stockton than Sioux Falls. Did you fly into Sioux Falls or did you get a flight elsewhere and drive over?

Reaction Score
Anyone know about the t-shirt Coates and others were wearing on Sunday? Seemed to have the number '100' on it and wondered in a twisted way if they were celebrating UCONN's 100th win against them?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It was fine, though hotel rooms were sky high downtown. I ended up staying out in the suburbs to save some money for NCAAT trips.

I can imagine.. And they will be extra sky high for the men's ncaa. Even when nothing is going on.. It's high especially on the weekends.. Cheaper during the week.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Probably easier to get to Stockton than Sioux Falls. Did you fly into Sioux Falls or did you get a flight elsewhere and drive over?

I flew into Omaha and rented a car. Since I would have had to rent a car, anyway, it was faster and cheaper to just fly to Omaha.

Speaking of Stockton, our RPI is 3 and Baylor's is 6 so maybe we will be the third number 1 seed instead of 4th. Honestly, I'd rather travel to California than Oklahoma, though. I have it all mapped out; our men play the first 2 rounds in Greenville and then go to San Jose for the Regional and the women go to Stockton. The 2 regionals are on opposite days and I can make both! Yes, I know I'm delusional.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Anyone know about the t-shirt Coates and others were wearing on Sunday? Seemed to have the number '100' on it and wondered in a twisted way if they were celebrating UCONN's 100th win against them?

No; "100" as in 100% was our theme this year. I have 4 in different colors as a member of the WBB Booster Club, known as the G-Hive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No; "100" as in 100% was our theme this year. I have 4 in different colors as a member of the WBB Booster Club, known as the G-Hive.

Based on the link

Womens Basketball Launches 2016-17 Season Theme

"100" is more than just 100% having a more numerological meaning

"This season’s theme plays off the meaning of being “100” overall in terms of commitment to the team and realizing its goals, but Staley also breaks down the number into its individual components, which each represents an evolving principle of the team and season. The 1 reflects one goal, one dream, one team, one family and one focus. The first 0 stands for no boundaries, no complaints and no lipservice. The second 0 represents zero excuses, zero selfishness and zero tolerance"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I flew into Omaha and rented a car. Since I would have had to rent a car, anyway, it was faster and cheaper to just fly to Omaha.

Speaking of Stockton, our RPI is 3 and Baylor's is 6 so maybe we will be the third number 1 seed instead of 4th. Honestly, I'd rather travel to California than Oklahoma, though. I have it all mapped out; our men play the first 2 rounds in Greenville and then go to San Jose for the Regional and the women go to Stockton. The 2 regionals are on opposite days and I can make both! Yes, I know I'm delusional.

Sorry to break it to you. But Unc cheat will be playing in Greenville the first two rounds. Maybe even Duke as well.. Depends what happens in the ACC tournament. Ur men will be shipped out somewhere

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Sorry to break it to you. But Unc cheat will be playing in Greenville the first two rounds. Maybe even Duke as well.. Depends what happens in the ACC tournament. Ur men will be shipped out somewhere

Maybe we will be the 8 seed in Greenville and beat the Tar Heels in the 2nd round...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom