Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meanwhile A Basketball Game Has Broken Out in SEC

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
State was outscored by 15 in the 4th quarter to lose by 10.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As far as no good games this weekend...you all need to watch some Pac 12 games. Very entertaining weekend of hoops in Seattle, with the championship game still upcoming.

Reaction Score
So the 1 seeds seem to be locks now- UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, South Carolina.

Likely 2 seeds now- Oregon State, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Stanford or Texas.

Everyone thinks Maryland will be our 2 but I have a feeling the loser of Oregon State-Stanford might be sent east as the 2.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Staley wishes she had a jacket to throw into the stands on charge call.
Every game SCar gets 2 or 3 charges.... You would think they learn but they just haven't. They even get charges on the 2 v 1 fast break... poor fundamentals on that. As much as Dawn wanted to complain about them... every single one of them were the right call.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I just can't imagine that 59 points is going to make it in the final-4 (against anyone but especially us).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All the top teams won today. Baylor, USC, ND, and they all won going away. None of them was close. Will all four of the #1 seeds make it to Dallas this year?, or will one of them get ambushed along the way? All four teams seem to be playing with an abundance of grit, determination and resolve. It's going to be and interesting and fun tournament.

Reaction Score

Likely 2 seeds now- Oregon State, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Stanford.

Everyone thinks Maryland will be our 2 but I have a feeling the loser of Oregon State-Stanford might be sent east as the 2.
I'd love to have the Cardinal...really:eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
SC celebrating like they just won the NC...which they won't. I enjoy WCBB, but rarely watch non-UConn games. Frankly, the kind of basketball to which we UConn fans are regularly treated is woefully absent here!

Once you get use to watching only UConn games, it's hard to watch other teams for more than quarter. MS wilted down the stretch. Thearena MS & SC played in was a cracker box. It was only 100 miles from the USC campus. The place was filled with USC fans, all of whom went home happy.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While an interesting game to watch because of the closeness of the score. This was the usual SEC Boring Basketball. Apparently they don't believe in transition basketball. How many times did both teams just dribble the ball up the court to run their half court offense. In the second half it looked like Miss St guards were looking at their Head Coach most of the time to see what play they should run. BORING.

Would rather watch ACC, PAC 12 and of course UConn basketball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ESPN has been showing Texas as a projected #2 seed all day. I'm a bit surprised by that given their late season stumble. They better beat West Virginia or I don't see how they can hold a #2 seed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Likely 2 seeds now- Oregon State, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Stanford or Texas.

I don't believe Maryland is a lock as a #2 even if they win today. The committee had them as #7 overall but that was before the loss to Ohio State, and Maryland has only one borderline quality win since then. Wins over the likes of Minnesota, Michigan State and Purdue will do little to convince the committee that Maryland deserves to be top 8.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Agreed Plebe, Ohio St. didn't do Maryland any favors getting knocked out yesterday. Beating OSU would've bolstered their resume, beating Purdue does nothing.

Reaction Score
While an interesting game to watch because of the closeness of the score. This was the usual SEC Boring Basketball. Apparently they don't believe in transition basketball. How many times did both teams just dribble the ball up the court to run their half court offense. In the second half it looked like Miss St guards were looking at their Head Coach most of the time to see what play they should run. BORING.

Would rather watch ACC, PAC 12 and of course UConn basketball.

Well... DONT WATCH!!! It's that simple. For everyone complaining about a SEC team not making it to the FF.. that remains to be seen. Of course it going to be hard to score 80 points with two of the best defensive teams in the country going head to head. I guarantee you miss st can hold ND and Baylor under 60. And let not forget SC held UCONN to a season low 66 points, so in the SEC defense matters :)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This UConn/UCF game meanwhile is just perfect. I just love watching games where one team is just completely overmatched. Nothing like the "competition" of the almighty AAC!

Yawn. *hard eye roll*

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This UConn/UCF game meanwhile is just perfect. I just love watching games where one team is just completely overmatched. Nothing like the "competition" of the almighty AAC!

Yawn. *hard eye roll*

Yup, with all your talent, you always find a way to keep your games.. well, guess the only appropriate word is close, no matter who the opponent.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yup, with all your talent, you always find a way to keep your games.. well, guess the only appropriate word is close, no matter who the opponent.

Yeah, games tend to be that way when you play in a competitive league where more than one team actually has talent. I'm sure Baylor, Notre Dame, Maryland.. heck, any other team not named UConn can agree.

Reaction Score
Yeah, games tend to be that way when you play in a competitive league where more than one team actually has talent. I'm sure Baylor, Notre Dame, Maryland.. heck, any other team not named UConn can agree.

I know something else your team, Baylor, Notre Dame and Maryland have in common.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see what Dawn plans to do once Coates is back. They play well without her when their guards are on. If their guards are off it gets sketchy. The guards have been on lately but I wonder if it's more that they have had the freedom to do more with no Coates to toss it to than anything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom