McEntee vs. Sunseri | The Boneyard

McEntee vs. Sunseri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had to do a double check when looking at the stats.....can't believe that McEntee (although he has a much lower completion ratio) has almost identical yards passing and a better TD to interception ratio.

Passing Leaders

Connecticut​
CMP% YDS TD INT

52.4 1209 6 4
50.0 126 2 0

Pittsburgh​
CMP% YDS TD INT

61.6 1204 5 7
36.4 55 0 3

Reaction Score
Had to do a double check when looking at the stats.....can't believe that McEntee (although he has a much lower completion ratio) has almost identical yards passing and a better TD to interception ratio.

Passing Leaders

Connecticut​
CMP%YDSTDINT

52.4 1209 6 4​
50.0 126 2 0​

Pittsburgh​
CMP%YDSTDINT

61.6 1204 5 7​
36.4 55 0 3​

It's actually a better comparison than that. Sunseri has been going downhill over the course of the season, to the point that Pitt played a 2d QB, determined he couldn't get it done (either) and went back to Sunseri. On the other hand, JM has been improving, to the extent that he's getting a higher and higher percentage of the snaps.

I honestly believe you could say we have an edge at that position going into tonight. Who'd a thunk?

Reaction Score
chart.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see McEntee get into the mid 60's on completion percentage. The other thing to note....maybe Santini can add it.....is that both their QB passer ratings are on a steady decline (per ESPN).

Reaction Score

Passing Leaders

Connecticut​
CMP% YDS TD INT

52.4 1209 6 4
50.0 126 2 0

Pittsburgh​
CMP% YDS TD INT

61.6 1204 5 7
36.4 55 0 3

Thanks for these stats. Wasn't the Pitt coach supposed to be an offensive guru? These stats are to some degree a feather in the cap of DeLeone who appears to be doing more with less (than the Pitt coach).

Reaction Score
Thanks for these stats. Wasn't the Pitt coach supposed to be an offensive guru? These stats are to some degree a feather in the cap of DeLeone who appears to be doing more with less (than the Pitt coach).
From what I've been reading.....Pitt is saying that they tried to install too much too soon....and that's been some of the problem. They are looking at simplifying the offense for Sunseri going forward (where have I heard that before).

Although others are saying that Sunseri just may not be the right fit for this type of offense....and it's not that it's too difficult to install.

Who knows?

Reaction Score
It's actually a better comparison than that. Sunseri has been going downhill over the course of the season, to the point that Pitt played a 2d QB, determined he couldn't get it done (either) and went back to Sunseri. On the other hand, JM has been improving, to the extent that he's getting a higher and higher percentage of the snaps.

I honestly believe you could say we have an edge at that position going into tonight. Who'd a thunk?

Funny the youtube guy may have improved but he came from a QB who could hardly be a backup at Amherst College so improvement in this case is relative. This kid, and I want to respect his walk-on status as it is just that, is plain awful. As stated he should have about 20 picks easily if not more people on other D's just can't catch the ball period. He's so immobile it's laughable and goes down prior to hits so often..........not sure what this board is thinking by even supporting having this kid walking out there and playing? Coach P and staff should be embarrassed to have that HS looking squad out there and I don't think the talent is that bad. Pitt is not good but their game plan and QB who people here hammered on, looked like a charm in comparison the HS looking guys in the Husky looking uniforms. The staff should be embarrassed not the kids themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom