McDonalds All American game | The Boneyard

McDonalds All American game

Reaction Score
DF0F77C1-CA4B-439B-A9E7-1C8E9DF5A152.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is a great accomplishment to get "nominated" for this game but there is a long way to go before securing a spot on the team. Paige will most definitely be selected to play in this game as the #1 player in the class. Mir stands a very good chance to be among the to 24 selected because she is ranked composite 16th in the class depending on the rating services. Paith is a long shot to make this game because she is ranked well outside the top 50 composite.
@WBBfolllwer posted this list as the likely selected players based on composite rankings that were done by @meyers7 using ASGR, Hoopgurlz, BS and PN.
1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic
One other note regarding Aaliyah Edwards since she was mentioned in Carl's tweet. She is not eligible to play in MCDonalds AA game but there is an outside chance she might be invited to play in the Jordan brand classic because that all star game has included Canadian players (boys) since 2013.

Reaction Score
That's twelve per team. Is that not a full squad for each? All nominees don't get onto the roster?

Reaction Score
So Oregon has a pretty good chance of having all five recruits in this game? Has that ever happened before?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So Oregon has a pretty good chance of having all five recruits in this game? Has that ever happened before?
Yes it has.

Tennessee in 2008 and 2003 had 5

Baylor had 4 in 2013, Tennessee had 4 in 2017, and California had 4 in 2009.

UCONN had 4 (almost 5 - Goring) in in the inaugural McD's Girls game in 2002.

Prior to McD's - UCONN had 5 (TASSK) in the WBCA AA Game in 1998.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It is a great accomplishment to get "nominated" for this game but there is a long way to go before securing a spot on the team. Paige will most definitely be selected to play in this game as the #1 player in the class. Mir stands a very good chance to be among the to 24 selected because she is ranked composite 16th in the class depending on the rating services. Paith is a long shot to make this game because she is ranked well outside the top 50 composite.
@WBBfolllwer posted this list as the likely selected players based on composite rankings that were done by @meyers7 using ASGR, Hoopgurlz, BS and PN.
1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic
One other note regarding Aaliyah Edwards since she was mentioned in Carl's tweet. She is not eligible to play in MCDonalds AA game but there is an outside chance she might be invited to play in the Jordan brand classic because that all star game has included Canadian players (boys) since 2013.

Of ND's Class of 2020, three of them are listed here (Campbell, Marshall and Westbeld in descending order) and all of three of them "made" the semi-final round, along with combo guard Alasia Hayes. Can't see Nat Marshall playing due to her surgery a week or two ago.

Of ND's recruits, 6'2" Maddy Westbeld is having a very strong year, with Fairmont HS currently ranked #2 in Ohio (thanks, Baba) and Maddy averaging:
- Points Per Game: 23.7
- Rebounds Per Game: 12.3
- Assists Per Game: 3.8
- Steals Per Game: 2.8

Campbell plays in a much smaller division in Pa. than Westbeld does in Ohio, but she just became the Blair County all-time scorer with 2,551 points.

While both bring a lot to the court, ND can use the long-range shooting Campbell and Westbeld excel at.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yes it has.

Tennessee in 2008 and 2003 had 5

Baylor had 4 in 2013, Tennessee had 4 in 2017, and California had 4 in 2009.

UCONN had 4 (almost 5 - Goring) in in the inaugural McD's Girls game in 2002.

Prior to McD's - UCONN had 5 (TASSK) in the WBCA AA Game in 1998.

In 2008, Rutgers had all five of their recruits in the game.

April Sykes, Nikki Speed, and Chelsey Lee all finished their careers at Rutgers.
Jasmine Dixon, who transferred to UCLA after five games at Rutgers. (Became at least an All-American Honorable Mention then tore her Achilles.)
Brooklyn Pope, who transferred to Baylor after her freshmen season, also played in the game. (won a National Championship)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In 2008, Rutgers had all five of their recruits in the game.

April Sykes, Nikki Speed, and Chelsey Lee all finished their careers at Rutgers.
Jasmine Dixon, who transferred to UCLA after five games at Rutgers. (Became at least an All-American Honorable Mention then tore her Achilles.)
Brooklyn Pope, who transferred to Baylor after her freshmen season, also played in the game. (won a National Championship)
Son of a gun. I missed that one. Doh! Good catch.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Of ND's Class of 2020, three of them are listed here (Campbell, Marshall and Westbeld in descending order) and all of three of them "made" the semi-final round, along with combo guard Alasia Hayes. Can't see Nat Marshall playing due to her surgery a week or two ago.

Of ND's recruits, 6'2" Maddy Westbeld is having a very strong year, with Fairmont HS currently ranked #2 in Ohio (thanks, Baba) and Maddy averaging:
- Points Per Game: 23.7
- Rebounds Per Game: 12.3
- Assists Per Game: 3.8
- Steals Per Game: 2.8
Campbell plays in a much smaller division in Pa. than Westbeld does in Ohio, but she just became the Blair County all-time scorer with 2,551 points.
While both bring a lot to the court, ND can use the long-range shooting Campbell and Westbeld excel at.
Sometimes injured players still accept the honor of being named to the game and all the festivities that go along with it. I believe Gabby Williams was selected for the team but did not actually play in the game.

Reaction Score
No, no, no. Those are just the top 25 ranked players. There are hundreds nominated. For example FL has 27 players nominated itself.

There are over 500 girl nominees. Texas has 90 nominees by itself. States have a lot of leeway in terms of how many players are nominated. Also there is a lot of politics, and some players don't even get considered because their coach/school forgot to enter their name.

Reaction Score
Sometimes injured players still accept the honor of being named to the game and all the festivities that go along with it. I believe Gabby Williams was selected for the team but did not actually play in the game.
Odyssey Sims Baylor is another injured player who accepted the honor of being named, and couldn’t play, but she still checked into the game.

Reaction Score
All five of Oregons recruits make the 2020 McDonald's All American team

Point guard Te-Hina Paopao (California), guard Sydney Parrish (Indiana), guard Maddie Scherr (Kentucky), forward Angela Dugalic (Illinois) and forward Kylee Watson (New Jersey) each made the 24-player All-American roster.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2 from Washington and 1 from Oregon, none of the 3 going to NW schools. But at least 2 stayed in the Pac 12.

Reaction Score
Only Paige and Mir made the final cut

ESPN a few months ago: “Van Lith commits to Louisville!”

ESPN today: “Van Lith, undecided”Head bang

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Considering 1/4th of the roster is going to college in Oregon, I'd say the PNW is doing mighty well for itself these days, whether or not it's keeping its talent local!

That's definitely a fair point. It's just that the NW so rarely produces this level of talent, a bit disappointing they are all leaving.

...and the Washington schools could use a bit of that talent. :rolleyes: UO and OSU are fine, UW and WSU not so much. Both schools will be losing by far their best player/players to graduation after this season and will be replacing them with....who knows what.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige and Mir!! Well deserved. If Edwards and Muhl were Americans, they would be on the team too. I'm so glad Piath is getting some publicity. I expect her to rise in the rankings the next time HG releases them. She's already up to 41 per PN (in fairness, she's been at 41 for a while with them now - clearly they saw something ESPN did not at the time)...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Was Sarah Andrews Injured this year? It’s interesting (to me at least) that she wasn’t selected but her teammate Hannah Gusters was selected

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe my eyes are hurting but I counted 31 nominees from California and only 1 made it?

What happened?

Reaction Score
They left out Diamond Johnson. :eek::eek::eek:

I don’t think Johnson has convinced enough scouts/voters, she is not in the top 25 composite ranks I did. The real question is what’s going on with Sarah Andrews? Composite #7. I have been doing this awhile and that’s the highest I’ve ever seen that’s eligible. Last year Blackwell was ineligible, maybe something similar is going on with Andrews? Any insights?

Very unfortunate for Campbell, Merritt and Poole. I believe Marshall is our for season. Not sure who these girls deserve to be there over but they are good players.

Composite Ranks of the big four services for 2020
1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The real question is what’s going on with Sarah Andrews? Composite #7. I have been doing this awhile and that’s the highest I’ve ever seen that’s eligible. Last year Blackwell was ineligible, maybe something similar is going on with Andrews? Any insights?
Andrews must have been injury related.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom