McDonalds All American game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonalds All American game

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe my eyes are hurting but I counted 31 nominees from California and only 1 made it?
What happened?
Your eyes are fine. “Nominations” are kind of meaningless because there are so many. The process worked out pretty well. Use ESPN as an example the top ranked Ca. Kid (Paopao) is ranked #31 nationally. She made the team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley called them out for that on her twitter account.
How awesome of her! Diamond blew up the AAU scene this past summer, her being left out is wrong imo.

Reaction Score
ESPN a few months ago: “Van Lith commits to Louisville!”

ESPN today: “Van Lith, undecided”Head bang

Some Notre Dame fans are questioning whether she signed? Maybe drooling.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, one would assume that Russell would likely the be the one left off the list had Johnson been selected

you know what they say about people who assume??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe my eyes are hurting but I counted 31 nominees from California and only 1 made it?

What happened?

There are a lot of very talented players out here on the west coast, especially in California. We have many EYBL teams/players here.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Fully one-third of all the McDonald's AA's are going to the Pac-12: 8 out of 24!
There is a tectonic shift going on on WCBB!

:eek: Not really! In 2019 there were 7 Pac-12 players out of 24.

These are the numbers for the last 4 years.

1579880202889.png

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
ESPN a few months ago: “Van Lith commits to Louisville!”
ESPN today: “Van Lith, undecided”Head bang

Everyone knew this so there must have been a glitch at ESPN somewhere.

Before people jump all over ESPN for "incorrectly" listing Hailey Van Lith as not having committed/signed (and she has, with Louisville) -- and not to single out the posters quoted -- the official roster and release on the McDonald's All-America website lists Hailey Van Lith as "Undecided."

(edited my post to add a screenshot, just in case the MCDAA site corrects the roster)

Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
you know what they say about people who assume??

haha, ok. Who would Johnson replace in your opinion? What’s the lowest ESPN ranked player to make McDonald's in the last 10 years? Possibly Eniya Russell, #43

Reaction Score
haha, ok. Who would Johnson replace in your opinion? What’s the lowest ESPN ranked player to make McDonald's in the last 10 years? Possibly Eniya Russell, #43

just poking.... It’s all political tbh. Seeing these girls in head to head matchups over the years I would say that their is quite a few that shouldn’t have even been selected but we all know the voters have a little bias towards the kids that attends their camps and what not. I felt she deserved to be on the team but not at Eniya’s expense. If you seen both in the EYBL this past summer you could see why.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Before people jump all over ESPN for "incorrectly" listing Hailey Van Lith as not having committed/signed (and she has, with Louisville) -- and not to single out the posters quoted -- the official roster and release on the McDonald's All-America website lists Hailey Van Lith as "Undecided."
(edited my post to add a screenshot, just in case the MCDAA site corrects the roster)

View attachment 50214

I'd still be tempted to jump all over ESPN because they are broadcasting this game and already reported Hailey's commitment (multiple times).
No. 8 prospect Van Lith signs on with Louisville

1579889216049.png

Reaction Score
:eek: Not really! In 2019 there were 7 Pac-12 players out of 24.

These are the numbers for the last 4 years.

View attachment 50208

Wait. In two of those last four years for which you produce numbers, the Pac 12 led all conferences in the number of McDonald's AA's, with this year having their biggest number- 8. In one year, 2017, the Pac 12 tied with the SEC for the most AA's with 6. In one year, they trailed three conferences with just 3. But as you point out, the past two years, they've collected 15 AA's, compared with just 12 for the next highest conference, the ACC.

So it's looking like a shift to me. Indeed, compared with Tennessee's SEC, the Pac 12 took 15 the past two years, versus the SEC's 11.

And let's be clear that the Pac 12 just a few short years ago was Stanford and the Eleven Dwarfs. Now we have several very tough, top teams in that conference.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait. In two of those last four years for which you produce numbers, the Pac 12 led all conferences in the number of McDonald's AA's, with this year having their biggest number- 8. In one year, 2017, the Pac 12 tied with the SEC for the most AA's with 6. In one year, they trailed three conferences with just 3. But as you point out, the past two years, they've collected 15 AA's, compared with just 12 for the next highest conference, the ACC.

So it's looking like a shift to me. Indeed, compared with Tennessee's SEC, the Pac 12 took 15 the past two years, versus the SEC's 11.

And let's be clear that the Pac 12 just a few short years ago was Stanford and the Eleven Dwarfs. Now we have several very tough, top teams in that conference.
There is a shift (change) from year to year no doubt about that. That's not what you wrote though! You wrote "tectonic shift". Definition of tectonic: very significant or considerable. This was not.
A few short years ago Louisville and ND were in something called the Big East, WBB at South Carolina and Mississippi State was an after thought and Duke had a real WBB team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Auriemma compared McLean to former Husky Ashley Battle, who was a three-time national champion, a 1,000-point scorer, and the Big East Defensive Player of the Year in college before moving on to the WNBA.

“Mir could be like AB,” Auriemma said. “Mir is going to be one of those undersized guard/forwards that will play so big. She’s also like a smaller Aubrey Griffin. I’m anxious to see what she brings to the team.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The game is in Houston on April 1. My granddaughter lives in Houston now and has a birthday on April 3. I think Milford will be at the game!

Rosie is only turning 5, but she is still at the 101st percentile (oxymoron, I know) in height. Maybe the nice Mr. Walz will buy her an ice cream cone. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal just can't stop giving directions. ;)

Crystal Dangerfield was a McDonald’s All-American in 2016 and the senior point guard had advice for the future Huskies in the game.
“Showcase the talents that got you there,” she said. “Enjoy the moments that you’ll have off of the court, going to Ronald McDonald House, being around the other All-Americans you may not know … Just have a lot of fun.”

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
With all this renewed chatter about Van Lith, she's playing in a game that's about a 5 minute walk from my house tomorrow afternoon. I probably better go watch it.

Reaction Score
Fully one-third of all the McDonald's AA's are going to the Pac-12: 8 out of 24!

There is a tectonic shift going on on WCBB!

I don't think there is exactly a recruiting shift, I just think recruiting tends to be very cyclical. The West Coast just happens to be the recruiting hot spot of the moment, just like Texas has been, and just like the Mid Atlantic will be in 2021(7 of top 20 from that area).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom