McDasniel return trip to North Carolina | The Boneyard

McDasniel return trip to North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Already saw it. It was based on old news. This is new news.
The thread starts with my link to John's blog.

Then there is a link to Rich's blog and Providence getting dropped.

Then UConnCat cites a link to the same Jim F. blog that you cite. Xylina and her mother are going to UNC. It was from last night.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not sure if it's old or new, but it does say that she's NOT going to UNC for the weekend, rather on a Sunday afternoon with her mom. not sure if that's good or bad news on our side - her mom did not make the trip up to UCONN for her visit, correct? so we wait and see.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
i'm not sure if it's old or new, but it does say that she's NOT going to UNC for the weekend, rather on a Sunday afternoon with her mom. not sure if that's good or bad news on our side - her mom did not make the trip up to UCONN for her visit, correct? so we wait and see.

Xylina's mother made the trip to CT last year when they came up for the DePaul game (I think). It sounds like the X-man was with her last weekend in Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sunday is part of the weekend. :) It's a one-night trip.

Is she going to sit in on classes on Monday?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Xylina's mother made the trip to CT last year when they came up for the DePaul game (I think). It sounds like the X-man was with her last weekend in Storrs.
oh that's right. duh. several of the horde noted that her dad is a VERY big man.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's my favorite X-man (and Larry Bird) story:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Xavier wasa tough guy:

images

Reaction Score
This has Geno all over it.......He wanats her to exhaust all her fears or questions before she commits............She will be coming to UCONN!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He knocked down my buddy Wes Mathews!
Andrew Toney of the Sixers was known as the "Boston Strangler." This looks like the Boston Strangler when he played in Seattle. What did Matthews do?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
You could read so much into this situation. Guess we just wait till next week. Recruiting can cause some serious anxiety problems...lol

Reaction Score
Andrew Toney of the Sixers was known as the "Boston Strangler." This looks like the Boston Strangler when he played in Seattle. What did Matthews do?

Loose ball scramble and Wes kicks X... X decides to help him up with both hands around his neck.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's yet another update from Jim Fuller's blog. Jim spoke to the X-man who said there's no trip to North Carolina.

It's a great interview and sounds like both Xylina and Xavier enjoyed the trip. Great stuff. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

"As I told her, the sky is limit as far as you play ball. I think it is up to her. I told her you can't be afraid if a Breanna Stewart or a Morgan Tuck or Moriah Jefferson are coming (to UConn), you just have to go play. I played with Aubrey Sherrod, Greg Dreiling (at Wichita State)and I have my name on the rafters too. It is a matter of you focusing and I always say don't focus on yourself, focus on the team, the rest will take care of itself."

You can ask the UConn players who played against her. She was rebounding and blocking shots and doing a lot of the things that I taught her. I thought she did a very good job in that scrimmage with the girls."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds great. It seems to be a matter of how big her dreams are and how long is her reach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno and Xavier are on the same page. Xavier appears to have done his homework.

Is there any sort of struggle between mom and dad on this?

I think it may come down to Xylina's confidence and ambition to play with and against the best. I like our chances.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think it may come down to Xylina's confidence and ambition to play with and against the best. I like our chances.

I think you're right. I thought it was telling that Xavier mentioned not being afraid to play on a team with Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck or Moriah Jefferson. But I liked that he thought Xylina did more than hold her own in the team scrimmage. Whatever the outcome I'm going to root for this kid to do well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Geno and Xavier are on the same page. Xavier appears to have done his homework.

Is there any sort of struggle between mom and dad on this?

i agree with that 100%. i don't think her dad would have mentioned worrying about "if Breanna or Morgan or Moriah are coming to UCONN" if Xylena hadn't brought it up. so my point is i agree about her confidence level - if she feels she can push herself and not worry about who else is here, she could have a great and successful time at UCONN...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Here's yet another update from Jim Fuller's blog. Jim spoke to the X-man who said there's no trip to North Carolina.

It's a great interview and sounds like both Xylina and Xavier enjoyed the trip. Great stuff. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

"As I told her, the sky is limit as far as you play ball. I think it is up to her. I told her you can't be afraid if a Breanna Stewart or a Morgan Tuck or Moriah Jefferson are coming (to UConn), you just have to go play. I played with Aubrey Sherrod, Greg Dreiling (at Wichita State)and I have my name on the rafters too. It is a matter of you focusing and I always say don't focus on yourself, focus on the team, the rest will take care of itself."

You can ask the UConn players who played against her. She was rebounding and blocking shots and doing a lot of the things that I taught her. I thought she did a very good job in that scrimmage with the girls."

Interestingly enough, I was thinking about confidence in her situation. If you are sitting in the stands and look to your right and see Taya Reimer and to your left and see Morgan Tuck, then think about Breanna Stewart?!?!?!?! My confidence may get a little shaky and understandably so. Just a thought!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, I was thinking about confidence in her situation. If you are sitting in the stands and look to your right and see Taya Reimer and to your left and see Morgan Tuck, then think about Breanna Stewart?!?!?!?! My confidence may get a little shaky and understandably so. Just a thought!
That's funny. I would look to my right and see Reimer, to my left see Tuck, think about Stewart and think championships.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is great Stuff. X is a great inspiration and confidence builder for his daughter. I love this X man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom