Maybe Weist should have been the guy | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Maybe Weist should have been the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry Carl, but that resume has Mid Major written all over it.
? If you haven't noticed...We are a Mid Major program. A bad one at that! I believe Weist was also from a Mid Major program. Yes, he was.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
? If you haven't noticed...We are a Mid Major program. A bad one at that! I believe Weist was also from a Mid Major program. Yes, he was.
Nope. That lone season as Cincinnati's WR Coach seals his MAC resume.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hiring interim coaches never works. Basketball did it and they're struggling...

You need to get a fresh start. Diaco is the fresh start. Give him time, the players suck. I"ll better evaluate his coaching performance once his recruits have more of an influence on the team.
You have to be one of the worst supporters of this University Football Team. In the last week you have called college students 'garbage' and now 'players suck'. Go root for a pro team.
I would like to call you a name but won't drop to your level.

GO TEAM!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You have to be one of the worst supporters of this University Football Team. In the last week you have called college students 'garbage' and now 'players suck'. Go root for a pro team.
I would like to call you a name but won't drop to your level.

GO TEAM!!
Cite where I called students garbage. And if you can't bring yourself to the reality that the players aren't good then I feel sorry for you. Going through life with rainbows of optimism surrounding your ego must be painful.

And I've been going to football games ever since they went D1. I've been a fan ever since the 90's. I've been to every bowl game.

So please don't jump to irrational claims after reading 3 words.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Cite where I called students garbage. And if you can't bring yourself to the reality that the players aren't good then I feel sorry for you. Going through life with rainbows of optimism surrounding your ego must be painful.

And I've been going to football games ever since they went D1. I've been a fan ever since the 90's. I've been to every bowl game.

So please don't jump to irrational claims after reading 3 words.
Wow you have a short memory...

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/beat-ecu-or-ucf-or-cincy-at-home.65524/page-2#post-1079297
Post #37 your words 'garbage recruits' -

It was for more than 3 words - get off your 'High Unicorn'. You said it perfectly - you are a fan and not a supporter.

You sound like the type of college fan probably calling out a 20 something year old college student by name saying he sucks at a game - you would be better suited at a pro game.

Edit - medic found others!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Please don't confuse Nelson with facts. It's his pet strawman that will suffer.

This is the point in the thread where Nelson pulls out his "How to be a Master Poster" handbook and has to decide between three tactics:

A. Resort to personal attacks
B. Change the topic and pretend you never said that Wiest had the same players
C. Stop posting on the thread and hope people forget about this

I was predicting A....but it appears to be C.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is the point in the thread where Nelson pulls out his "How to be a Master Poster" handbook and has to decide between three tactics:

A. Resort to personal attacks
B. Change the topic and pretend you never said that Wiest had the same players
C. Stop posting on the thread and hope people forget about this

I was predicting A....but it appears to be C.

We are at the point in the thread where Serrano and Shaky decide to start a personal pissing match despite more or less agreeing with what I said. We mostly agree that Diaco is having a rocky start and we mostly all like Weist. Moving on.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Wow you have a short memory...

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/beat-ecu-or-ucf-or-cincy-at-home.65524/page-2#post-1079297
Post #37 your words 'garbage recruits' -

It was for more than 3 words - get off your 'High Unicorn'. You said it perfectly - you are a fan and not a supporter.

You sound like the type of college fan probably calling out a 20 something year old college student by name saying he sucks at a game - you would be better suited at a pro game.

Edit - medic found others!
Thanks for citing and it further proves my point - from a personnel standpoint, this is one of the worst teams in America right now. The only exception is Davis, and he's not even that good. He's good and all for the American, but he's not anything spectacular.

But to clarify, I never said just "students" I said, "recruits and players." (Yes I know they're students...kinda)

And I'm sorry I don't drop thousands of dollars for football games like I do basketball. That makes me a terrible fan and I know it. I have no right or am in no position to call out a "UConn Football Supporter" because I don't buy season tickets anymore. Once PP got hired I knew what was going to happen so I stopped buying. From a financial standpoint, it made sense.

Reaction Score
Not sure Weist could have managed the O Line situation any better. Then to lose Casey let's face it this is an uphill slog. We lost friend Green Bennett and Hemingway and got Cruz back. As bad as Hemingway was he was better than anybody that we have. The defense has held its own. Weist would have been as good as Diaco, but man I just don't know how he would have done much better given the situation.

The questions are can the O'Line progress or not and who will take the reigns from Whitmer.

I am impressed with the RB situation and some of the younger guys can play D.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Thanks for citing and it further proves my point - from a personnel standpoint, this is one of the worst teams in America right now. The only exception is Davis, and he's not even that good. He's good and all for the American, but he's not anything spectacular.

But to clarify, I never said just "students" I said, "recruits and players." (Yes I know they're students...kinda)

And I'm sorry I don't drop thousands of dollars for football games like I do basketball. That makes me a terrible fan and I know it. I have no right or am in no position to call out a "UConn Football Supporter" because I don't buy season tickets anymore. Once PP got hired I knew what was going to happen so I stopped buying. From a financial standpoint, it made sense.

You got cited - try to spin it if you want or be a real man/woman and just admit it.

I would be more than happy to pay your way to a football game, attend the Husky Walk with me and let Chandler and the PP recruits know that they are garbage and 'kinda students'.

Thank god the BB team is up to your standards - if P5 doesn't happen and Ollie takes an NBA gig can't wait to see your analysis on future student athletes on that team.

I'm fairly confident the Athletic Department and UConn can survive and would be happy without your type of fandom and money - all the sports.

You made my point -

FYI - you might not want to follow the hockey team this year being in a new conference and all.

Reaction Score
I can't fault Diaco. Look what he has to deal with with Whitmer and DeLorenzo as primary offensive options. No coach could win with those two.

Reaction Score
If Weist were coach we would have beaten USF and maybe Boise. Boyle would be QB in a no huddle offense, Newsome, Johnson and Mariner would be catching slant passes and running crossing routes for short passes and the OL would not be zone blocking. Straight up man, block the guy in front of you.

I believe that, but I also believe Diaco is the better recruiter and probably the better solution for winning long term. I also think he can become a media darling and restore respect to this program when he starts winning.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Weist couldn't beat USF at home a year ago (with a far better offensive line than we currently have). How can you be so sure that he would have beaten them this year at USF?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
@Bonehead

You got cited - try to spin it if you want or be a real man/woman and just admit it. -
I did.

I would be more than happy to pay your way to a football game, attend the Husky Walk with me and let Chandler and the PP recruits know that they are garbage and 'kinda students'. -
They hear that from fans and hecklers like me all the time.

Thank god the BB team is up to your standards - if P5 doesn't happen and Ollie takes an NBA gig can't wait to see your analysis on future student athletes on that team. -
Don't bring basketball into this other than the fact I go to games.

I'm fairly confident the Athletic Department and UConn can survive and would be happy without your type of fandom and money - all the sports. -
UConn and the Athletic Department cannot survive without money. My money or your money it doesn't matter.

You made my point -

FYI - you might not want to follow the hockey team this year being in a new conference and all. -
I'm a fan of all UConn sports.

=====

So please don't slander me for/on the following:
  • being critical of the players. Everyone on here says, whether its game threads or reaction threads, calls out the players. I've seen Whitmer's name and the words "suck, not a D1 QB, the worst, etc) associated together for 3 years now. Happens on the basketball forum, the women's forum, and even the cesspool.
  • not paying top dollar for football. That's lower than saying someone sucks.
  • basketball, just because my name is CTBasketball means I only watch basketball and that's the only thing I ever have known. That's like saying to you the only thing you are is a bonehead because you like viking hats with pointy things on them. Its ridiculous.
=====

Now I'm still going to root for Diaco's Huskies. I think he was the right hire and it takes time to show that. You need to clean the old stuff from the cupboard before you put your new things in. Cannot have both. This is going to take time.

Reaction Score
@Bonehead

You got cited - try to spin it if you want or be a real man/woman and just admit it. -
I did.

I would be more than happy to pay your way to a football game, attend the Husky Walk with me and let Chandler and the PP recruits know that they are garbage and 'kinda students'. -

Thank god the BB team is up to your standards - if P5 doesn't happen and Ollie takes an NBA gig can't wait to see your analysis on future student athletes on that team. -

I'm fairly confident the Athletic Department and UConn can survive and would be happy without your type of fandom and money - all the sports. -
UConn and the Athletic Department cannot survive without money. My money or your money it doesn't matter.

You made my point -

FYI - you might not want to follow the hockey team this year being in a new conference and all. -

=====

• being critical of the players. Everyone on here says, whether its game threads or reaction threads, calls out the players. I've seen Whitmer's name and the words "suck, not a D1 QB, the worst, etc) associated together for 3 years now. Happens on the basketball forum, the women's forum, and even the cesspool.
  • basketball, just because my name is CTBasketball means I only watch basketball and that's the only thing I ever have known. That's like saying to you the only thing you are is a bonehead because you like viking hats with pointy things on them. Its ridiculous.
=====

Now I'm still going to root for Diaco's Huskies. I think he was the right hire and it takes time to show that. You need to clean the old stuff from the cupboard before you put your new things in. Cannot have both. This is going to take time.

You are a dumster that is over flowing.

Go back to the BB and find out if anyone puked at their first practice.

You have no respect for the players or the program. You are the garbage that stinks up this board.

Please go away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@Bonehead

I did.

You made my point -

=====

=====

While I generally disagree with you - just remember if you aren't the type of fan Art accepts then you aren't welcome. That's a solid strategy for a program dying for support.

Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan said:
Weist couldn't beat USF at home a year ago (with a far better offensive line than we currently have). How can you be so sure that he would have beaten them this year at USF?

I'm not sure but given that we almost caught up to them playing like Coventry High (do they even have football?) on offense, I think TJ would have taken that one. We don't have the personnel to play Diaco's style. TJ figured out how to use his weapons to win. Diaco isn't really even trying to win.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
@Bonehead

I did.

You made my point -

=====

=====

Before I reply - are you over the age of 12??

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Get your checkbook out, because those losses could come to $4-5 million a year if we keep having 3 (or fewer) win seasons.
:rolleyes:
In a state with a 61 BILLION $$$ Deficit, you can bet a group of politicians won't be closing down UCONN football anytime soon, not with a fairly new pride & joy stadium and over a theoretical loss of $5 million yr.
Stop projecting your secret fantasies! Just stop.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
In a state with a 61 BILLION $ Deficit, you can bet a group of politicians won't be closing down UCONN football anytime soon, not with a fairly new pride & joy stadium and over a theoretical loss of $5 million yr.
Stop projecting your secret fantasies! Just stop.

Huh? 61 Billion deficit? Hope you are not driving tonight.

Reaction Score
I have read so many posts about Diaco not coaching up these players even though they are not his recruits for the most part. Exactly how many of his recruits are playing now??? You can coach up players that are not part of your system, but that will take some time. It doesn't happen overnight especially when you go from PP to GW and finally to BD. We all want success immediately, but it is a process to go through to get where we want to be. the first drive against Temple was promising until Whitmer threw a dying duck into no man's land and I think that took the wind out of this teams sails. Diaco has to instill in this team that the game is not over with a play like that and mistakes are going to happen. this team hasn't learned that yet unfortunately. I am not going to pass too much judgement on Diaco after a few games. I would rather see how the season plays out to make an assessment.

Reaction Score
Without reading this whole thread, and just responding to the title, i would say that TJW had 8 games to win 3 and look pretty good. His first 5 games looked pretty close to what we've seen from the team during this teams first 5 (with a much better QB, and a better OL).

BD deserves at least that much time to prove what this team can do. More really, given the unfortunate circumstances (OL, losing CC).

We beat 3 relatively low level teams to end last season. I think we will end up with more than that at the end of this season, with inferior/younger talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom