Maybe We Needed Another Year Off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maybe We Needed Another Year Off

Reaction Score
107 yards of offense, guys.

107 yards.

We played 60 minutes and moved the ball one football field.
I know the QB's missed on a bunch of throws, but this is also what happens when you hire a career OL coach to be an offensive coordinator. We drew up a handful of decent plays that didn't work out. Most teams nowadays are drawing up several decent plays per drive.

arch

Reaction Score
Seriously, we’re not going to actually show up for that game, are we? Seriously.

Reaction Score
QB was missing dudes all day smh couldn’t get the run game goin and we might as well have thrown Steve K in he couldn’t of done any worse
Krajewski should’ve started the second half and have time to prepare for it. Not throw him late in the fourth quarter and have him launch a 50 yard pass on his first throw. It might’ve connected had the receiver not been interfered with.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Gotta be the most disheartening part of that game. Fresno is a great offensive team. They are not a great defensive team. Yet... UConn was beyond inept.

Special teams looked good. McFadden seems like the real deal. Smart move doing punts also...otherwise he would get no work.

Defense looks marginally better.

Offense...the same. Not sure if it is players or scheme...but it's most likely both.

Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee had no trouble getting us to move the ball in his first year here using terrible players. We have better, faster players now than we did then. It is the coaching that’s killing us.

Being outmanned is one thing, we were playing a different game than Fresno. Our offense looked like it had a high school game plan and we waited way too long to switch QBs. I don’t blame Giufre, it could be his fault but this sure looks like standard Randy ball to me. Randy needs to evaluate, recruit and manage. He’s got to have good and empowered coordinators do the rest.

Reaction Score
I think after what we witnessed today that we the fans could use another year off.

How is it possible for them to be this consistently profoundly awful?

Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee had no trouble getting us to move the ball in his first year here using terrible players. We have better, faster players now than we did then. It is the coaching that’s killing us.

Being outmanned is one thing, we were playing a different game than Fresno. Our offense looked like it had a high school game plan and we waited way too long to switch QBs. I don’t blame Giufre, it could be his fault but this sure looks like standard Randy ball to me. Randy needs to evaluate, recruit and manage. He’s got to have good and empowered coordinators do the rest.
I agree with you 100% but that isn't Edsall. He is a control freak and will never give up up control all aspects of his team.

Reaction Score
How many years did it take for the Cubs to win a world series, so how many years until UConn has a winning season or close to one?

Reaction Score
The sheer stupidity of taking a year off on full display.
There is a collective willing stupidity among some to swallow the line of BS from the program time and time again.

Reaction Score
Boys v Men today

I’d like to think that’s the case and nothing more. Yes, we are very, very young, but the offense is just bland garbage. As I said before, Rhett Lashlee moved the ball easily with far less physical talent on the field. I can’t emphasize the “far less talent” part enough. Diaco had recruited players that were almost entirely FCS and lower recruiting targets.

Randy is bringing in much better, higher rated players but this brand of offense just won’t work these days without completely dominating players on the roster.

Reaction Score
I’d like to think that’s the case and nothing more. Yes, we are very, very young, but the offense is just bland garbage. As I said before, Rhett Lashlee moved the ball easily with far less physical talent on the field. I can’t emphasize the “far less talent” part enough. Diaco had recruited players that were almost entirely FCS and lower recruiting targets.

Randy is bringing in much better, higher rated players but this brand of offense just won’t work these days without completely dominating players on the roster.
They should at least sprinkle in a few 'gimmick plays' to keep it interesting and possibly keep the defense guessing.
I watched some of the game and UConn offense lacks speed - so plays like jet sweeps are out. Not sure I saw a single screen.
Granted it was 120 degrees on the field - but it was 120 degrees for both teams

Reaction Score
When we got our bid to the Fiesta Bowl I thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to UConn football. It has been a boot stomping our face ever since...at some point we get back up, right?

Reaction Score
Remember when @ktuck911 kept saying “pin this up” whenever an article came out saying UConn was going to be bad, like they were sooo wrong? I remember.
YEAH I said that... and as a man I own it... where have you been? Don't come talking about what somebody said when you can be a man up in here and voice opinions... Own your own mess...

Reaction Score
How about the guy that gave him that role in the first place.
Because if you fire Edsall now, I'm pretty sure Guifre gets the nod as interim. And do you want him having full control over the program?

Reaction Score
I know the QB's missed on a bunch of throws, but this is also what happens when you hire a career OL coach to be an offensive coordinator. We drew up a handful of decent plays that didn't work out. Most teams nowadays are drawing up several decent plays per drive.
Don’t blame the coach for inability to throw farther than 10 yards downfield. Lost 1-2 tds with overthrows. The 1st was a dagger.
We need to find another Casey Cochran, who only wins, despite not having a cannon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom