Maybe We Needed Another Year Off | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maybe We Needed Another Year Off

Reaction Score
YEAH I said that... and as a man I own it... where have you been? Don't come talking about what somebody said when you can be a man up in here and voice opinions... Own your own mess...
I’ve been consistent the whole time. I’m happy to see UConn play football, but I knew they’d be really bad and I want Edsall gone

Reaction Score
Don’t blame the coach for inability to throw farther than 10 yards downfield. Lost 1-2 tds with overthrows. The 1st was a dagger.
We need to find another Casey Cochran, who only wins, despite not having a cannon.
Who recruits QBs? Who sets the 2 deep. RE owns it all.
if you don’t have a QB that can throw more than 10 yards, find a Juco or transfer that can. Or find a recruit that can.

Reaction Score
I’ve been consistent the whole time. I’m happy to see UConn play football, but I knew they’d be really bad and I want Edsall gone
You have been ... consistently quiet until now. Stay consistent...

Reaction Score
Because if you fire Edsall now, I'm pretty sure Guifre gets the nod as interim. And do you want him having full control over the program?
Never said fire Edsall now.
Edit: I would definitely after the season

Reaction Score
BTW, temp on the field was over 120 degrees by the 2nd half... tough sledding after 637 days off in probably the worst environment to start your season

Reaction Score
Just show some humility! Maybe people like Bill Connolly know what they’re talking about when it comes to college football
If anybody shows humility for/with this team it's me. Its just not fun when someone who's consistently silent all if a sudden becomes a critic. If you were voicing your opinion before, for like the last 10 years, consistently (not 10 years for you, but at least within the last 5 years) then maybe my initial response would've been more receptive to yours.

Reaction Score
Here’s my question for those of you taking a victory lap over the canceled season last year… what would today have looked like if we played 4 games last year like UMass? How would it have been any different?

Reaction Score
If anybody shows humility for/with this team it's me. Its just not fun when someone who's consistently silent all if a sudden becomes a critic. If you were voicing your opinion before, for like the last 10 years, consistently (not 10 years for you, but at least within the last 5 years) then maybe my initial response would've been more receptive to yours.

I’m an alum and care deeply about the school and it’s sports. The amount one posts on an internet message board is not a good measure of investment. I appreciate your fandom, but we have to recognize that thinking everything is sunshine and roses ultimately does a disservice to the football program. Just about every sport the school sponsors has some measure of success and demanding the same of the football program should not be controversial. I think building a sustainable and successful program is really hard in the northeast but not being a national embarrassment isn’t unachievable. However, I think Edsall sits back, cashes his paycheck and lets the top notch on campus facilities and the fandom of people like you and I rot. I hate that and it makes me angry.

Reaction Score
I did not see the game, but after checking the game stats, on the positive side, I note that neither UConn quarterback threw an interception. Daniel Jones can't seem to do that.

And, the time of possession was about equal.

Only 1 fumble too.

Fresno lost more yards on penalties.

Oh yes, I forgot about the score.

It was said that the QB could not throw more than 10 yards. Was that because of lack of arm strength or because he was pressured and had to get rid of the ball?

How many games are winnable from this point on?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I’m not arguing about the ethics of it. I’m saying the people who thought it would benefit the team on the field this season are stupid
And the people are stupid. WOW - your posting shows a lot about you as a person.

Reaction Score
I am no ones BOZO. Let's evaluate this after a full season and if I am wrong, I am wrong. Name calling posters for being positive is bush league.

There’s nothing wrong with being positive if it’s based in something. But, kinda like I said to Ktuck, I feel Edsall is taking advantage of people’s disinterest and the unfounded positivity of those fans that remain.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
There’s nothing wrong with being positive if it’s based in something. But, kinda like I said to Ktuck, I feel Edsall is taking advantage of people’s disinterest and the unfounded positivity of those fans that remain.
But attacking people personally who are fans of the program, buy tickets, donate, etc is not acceptable.

Reaction Score
Going after the handful of people that still give a about the program isn’t solving anything either.

Reaction Score
I did not see the game, but after checking the game stats, on the positive side, I note that neither UConn quarterback threw an interception. Daniel Jones can't seem to do that.

Only 1 fumble too.

It was said that the QB could not throw more than 10 yards. Was that because of lack of arm strength or because he was pressured and had to get rid of the ball?

The qb could throw more than 10 yards… but with zero accuracy. Had 1-2 tds lost due to poor overthrows.

Reaction Score
Tell us again how “ashkully taking a year off will help - we got bigger, faster and stronger! We were in the gym!”

That argument was so obviously wrong. Anyone that made it should be beyond embarrassed
I agree, Chief has been trying to coach them up that's there’s no substitute for being in the arena and doing it on the field. Taking last season off meant we lost that opportunity.
The only thing it did was pay Randy for another year before he gets fired.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
BTW, temp on the field was over 120 degrees by the 2nd half... tough sledding after 637 days off in probably the worst environment to start your season
didn't read this whole thread (that 'fire coach' one had a bunch of hyenas chewing their own legs off), but iffn you and hardcorehusky are being accused of being the sunshine boys, well, count me in, cuz all around (them kali central valley dudes, with the regular 1000 degree days and dust everywhere, are some tuff hombres), it was a hard way to start over.
i'm not mad in the least, cuz all beginnings are difficult. movin on to the next one, with my holster loaded with gameday pizza. i think that i'll grab some foxon park birch beer, ya know, to increase our chances.

Reaction Score
Once again, I felt bad for the UConn players. They played hard but Fresno simply outperformed them.
When you get outperformed to that degree it goes beyond the effort of the players. We have a young team with some glaring deficits that weren't addressed personnel wise. And the preparation was not only not up to the task of closing the gap, it widened the gap.

Have to give Fresno their due. That's a very solid team, but probably not as great as we made them look.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
When you get outperformed to that degree it goes beyond the effort of the players. We have a young team with some glaring deficits that weren't addressed personnel wise. And the preparation was not only not up to the task of closing the gap, it widened the gap.

Have to give Fresno their due. That's a very solid team, but probably not as great as we made them look.
They’ll get destroyed by Oregon but that’s no indictment of them as a team. They’re way more competent than we are for sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Only 1 fumble too.

Zergiotis is horrible throwing a football. No accuracy. That's why they couldn't complete a pass over 10 yards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom