Maybe We Needed Another Year Off | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Maybe We Needed Another Year Off

Reaction Score
Don’t blame the coach for inability to throw farther than 10 yards downfield. Lost 1-2 tds with overthrows. The 1st was a dagger.
We need to find another Casey Cochran, who only wins, despite not having a cannon.
Hmmm. Should I blame the wife? Who exactly has been coaching for 5 years with the authority to bring in any kid at QB that he thinks can play and then start that kid and offensive scheme for success. Is it still on Diaco?

Reaction Score
I’d fire his tomorrow. You can’t damage the program one iota more than it is. No way. Take a stand, hold people accountable and make changes.
You’re right, but I guess since the season just started that a potential replacement for Edsall isn’t available, so I would wait.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Should I blame the wife? Who exactly has been coaching for 5 years with the authority to bring in any kid at QB that he thinks can play and then start that kid and offensive scheme for success. Is it still on Diaco?
The coach didn’t make the throws. If Jack Zergiotis is the best we have, we’re screwed.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Just show some humility! Maybe people like Bill Connolly know what they’re talking about when it comes to college football
UConn football is in a bad place...and deserves all the criticism that comes it's way. But it doesn't feel right to call out the fans who choose to be optimistic. I honestly don't think that fans who hope for the best and tolerate the worst will result in Edsall staying longer than Benedict will allow.

Save your anger for the the administration and the coaches...not for the fans of the team who remain hopeful.

Reaction Score
There're optimistic people, there're delusional people, and then there're people who think bozo is some deep insult... Maybe @Guapo should have called people harlequins or lamebrains to better preserve their feelings.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
There're optimistic people, there're delusional people, and then there're people who think bozo is some deep insult... Maybe @Guapo should have called people harlequins or lamebrains to better preserve their feelings.
There is a better way to have a conversation outside of name calling. It's becoming a lost way of communication, something apparently you aren't cognizant of .

Reaction Score
If you go to a random high school in Texas, I guarantee you that their 3rd string QB is better than anyone we have in our QB room. It's truly pathetic

Reaction Score
The sheer stupidity of taking a year off on full display.
Now everyone is saying what Chief said then. There is no substitute for in external game competition to learn where you stand and to improve based on assessments and corrective action.
For example, we wasted a year not knowing we did not have a QB and now Randy will throw everyone under the bus to protect those decisions.

Reaction Score
UConn football is in a bad place...and deserves all the criticism that comes it's way. But it doesn't feel right to call out the fans who choose to be optimistic. I honestly don't think that fans who hope for the best and tolerate the worst will result in Edsall staying longer than Benedict will allow.

Save your anger for the the administration and the coaches...not for the fans of the team who remain hopeful.
I agree- Everyone wants the program to be successful. I think the blame should start at the top of the UConn Pyramid. President 1 then 2 now 3, Board of Trustees then AD.

If you look at solid programs- The Leadership starts at the top then to the coach, players and at the end- the fans. As CT taxpayers we pump a lot of money into our flagship University. I don't think any of us have delusions of National Championships in football but we would like to see some competitive Sat games. I don't think that's asking too much.
Hoping for better days ahead

Reaction Score
Appreciate your frustration but this is clearly coming from an emotional perspective. Saying I told you so after 1 game is just ridiculous. Even if UConn scored a few points you still need to give it a few games to truly know where this team is headed.

There are clearly some intuitive posters on here from weeks ago that were saying we shouldn’t get too high or too low after the first game. And they were correct.

The offense including the line was extremely disappointing- I place that blame on the play calling. It was very bland and easy to defend.

The defense was encouraging to me. The offense didn’t help by going three and out too many times. The guys wilted. For about 20 min you saw what this defense is capable of doing. And Fresno ran the same plays in the beginning and we were attacking and flowing to the ball. If the offense puts up points and sustains a drive the D goes back out with more enthusiasm. Sadly that didn’t happen. This defense was clearly not prepared to handle the approach of “We got to win this game for us”

Reaction Score
They got beat 45 to zero and barely surpassed 100 yards on offense. I'm not one for panicking, but this was like the men's team getting beat by 35 at Arkansas in KO's last season. It told you all you needed to know, and it was November. Every good and bad thing was laid bare, and it wasn't panic or over-reaction to know at that moment that KO had to go.

Reaction Score
Yes,it was BAD! Only bright spot defensive performance in first quarter! Totally turned on fumble returned for TD! Hugh let down after that but this common place under RE2. Honestly how many of you actually thought we could come home with a win.

This game has been in the loss column since it was scheduled. For those of you calling for Randy’s head immediately the question is how did that work out the last time? Firing Pasqualoni after 3 games is what started the spiral down. We won three in a row at the end of that season. If Warde held off we would have had at least 5 wins that year.

Reaction Score
Appreciate your frustration but this is clearly coming from an emotional perspective. Saying I told you so after 1 game is just ridiculous. Even if UConn scored a few points you still need to give it a few games to truly know where this team is headed.

There are clearly some intuitive posters on here from weeks ago that were saying we shouldn’t get too high or too low after the first game. And they were correct.

The offense including the line was extremely disappointing- I place that blame on the play calling. It was very bland and easy to defend.

The defense was encouraging to me. The offense didn’t help by going three and out too many times. The guys wilted. For about 20 min you saw what this defense is capable of doing. And Fresno ran the same plays in the beginning and we were attacking and flowing to the ball. If the offense puts up points and sustains a drive the D goes back out with more enthusiasm. Sadly that didn’t happen. This defense was clearly not prepared to handle the approach of “We got to win this game for us”
What graveyard are you whistling by?

Reaction Score
Yes,it was BAD! Only bright spot defensive performance in first quarter! Totally turned on fumble returned for TD! Hugh let down after that but this common place under RE2. Honestly how many of you actually thought we could come home with a win.

This game has been in the loss column since it was scheduled. For those of you calling for Randy’s head immediately the question is how did that work out the last time? Firing Pasqualoni after 3 games is what started the spiral down. We won three in a row at the end of that season. If Warde held off we would have had at least 5 wins that year.
Pasqualoni was just the first wrong hire done for all the wrong reasons. Can't believe you want to dredge this up.

Reaction Score
Our offense looked like it had a high school game plan and we waited way too long to switch QBs.
I don't know anything about CT HS football, but in TX, HS offenses are much more complex, dynamic, and modern than UConn

Reaction Score
There is a better way to have a conversation outside of name calling. It's becoming a lost way of communication, something apparently you aren't cognizant of .
1630264026034.png

Reaction Score
If you go to a random high school in Texas, I guarantee you that their 3rd string QB is better than anyone we have in our QB room. It's truly pathetic
So why not go to Texas and recruit their 3rd string quarterbacks?

Probably though, those 3rd stringers would rather play for a competitive college program in their region.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was just the first wrong hire done for all the wrong reasons. Can't believe you want to dredge this up.
Not saying he was right hire but he was fired at the wrong time three games into the season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Not saying he was right hire but he was fired at the wrong time three games into the season.
He definitely should have been fired when he was. That team had given up on him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom