Maya Shifts Focus in 2019 [Merged Thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maya Shifts Focus in 2019 [Merged Thread]

Reaction Score
1547760558012.png

LINK

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So if it moves it's a gif, if it's a still image it's a meme?
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-a-meme-and-a-GIF

"GIF is usually a looping animation... (Although still images sometimes get stored using that file format, it's mostly associated with looping animations).​
"A meme can be anything, a still image, a gif, or even just a phrase or idea that is spread from person to person.Sometimes it mutates and takes on a life of it's own. (Ideas are infectious and frequently mutate, sort of like the flu virus.)"​

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gof's are static.
"Tobacco Road Guest" really does not do you justice.

"Greater Carolina Meme Master" ?
Or are those .GIFs? I've never gotten the difference down.[/QUOT

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Tobacco Road Guest" really does not do you justice.

"Greater Carolina Meme Master" ?
Or are those .GIFs? I've never gotten the difference down.
Meme's are static. Gif's move.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Maya wants to go back to the Atlanta area. I believe her mother still lives in the Atlanta area.

How about a straight up trade Angel for Maya. Maya is the better player, but Atlanta is not going give up more for Maya unless its a draft pick.

Angel might not even play next season, and she’d probably refuse a trade.

Reaction Score
I would think you could call this a meme ;)

View attachment 38390
This can be considered a meme. If I had to define it, I would say a meme is something that is shared across platforms, with the intent to be used again by others for the same purpose. I think of memes, like Facebook memes. They are their own entitiy that mean something. Your picture can stand out on it's own, and be used by others. Tria's first gif was of Shaq walking out for something being too funny. That gif cannot standout alone without the context the post.

That's my best explanation of what a "meme" is. Yours is definitely a meme

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Angel might not even play next season, and she’d probably refuse a trade.

Most of these forced trades seem to not have even close to equal value, but yeah Maya for Angel would be pretty silly considering Angel's about done. They should insist on Tiffany Hayes instead if this becomes an actual scenario.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Maya in the desert. She wants help I suspect and I guess she has been disappointed by what they are doing around her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder why Maya signed the contract when she did - it seems like something must have changed. If her contract had expired, there'd be no need for a trade - she'd be a free agent. There must be more to the story because Maya is one of the most honorable, humble and hard working players I've ever had the pleasure of following.

The decision to forego All Star captain honors, skip the National Team USA world championships with no real explanation,, and now this - none of it rings true for her character. I hope she's ok...

Reaction Score
I wonder why Maya signed the contract when she did - it seems like something must have changed. If her contract had expired, there'd be no need for a trade - she'd be a free agent. There must be more to the story because Maya is one of the most honorable, humble and hard working players I've ever had the pleasure of following.

The decision to forego All Star captain honors, skip the National Team USA world championships with no real explanation,, and now this - none of it rings true for her character. I hope she's ok...

... and retirement as being mentioned as an option? Not Sue Bird, not Diana, but Maya? Players have forced trades before, but I don't recall Tina or Elena mentioning retiring as something they were thinking about.

Reaction Score
Most of these forced trades seem to not have even close to equal value, but yeah Maya for Angel would be pretty silly considering Angel's about done. They should insist on Tiffany Hayes instead if this becomes an actual scenario.

I doubt Hayes would cooperate on a trade either.

I wouldn't mind Sykes, their first round pick, and their first in 2020, but that's still really not enough.

Reaction Score
As a Mercury fan I’d offer Bonner and their #1 for Maya. Can’t imagine Lynx could do better.

Reaction Score
I thought only Chicago had their star players force trades.

Whalen retired, Augustus is getting long in the tooth, if Maya sits out/retires/forces a trade Minnesota will be an entirely different franchise this coming season. Maybe Reeve should skip town too, coaching is gonna be a lot harder without that core group together. No young up and coming players to rebuild around either.

Ya know Tina Charles forced a trade

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ya know Tina Charles forced a trade

Okay. I don't think any other franchise has suffered the same fate as the Sky though. Delle Donne and Fowles forced their way out back to back years and gutted the team. They aren't remotely close to recovering from that so far. Whatever players and draft picks they acquired aren't close to making up for what they lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom