May transfer thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumor on Dugalic is Maryland and UCLAin the mix if she pulls trigger.
More roster news: 6’5” Arielle Wilson has retired leaving Graves with 8 players. Now plans to raid the transfer portal for two players.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Heartbreaker. Angela Dugalic , Oregon forward, enters transfer portal. After the three guards leaving this one cuts deep. Potential superstar. Still possible to return but I now think something may be going on in Eugene

FlaDuck:
I don't see anything on Dugalic's twitter account on this. Is this on an Oregon site? Thanks fo rclarifying.

One thing I'd noticed following the other defections was that Graves' Class of 2020 had remained intact. Given the all-star rankng of that class individually and collectively, that largely mitigated/glossed over the other losses.

Now, Dugalic is a crack in that 2020 foundation. Granted, she hadn't played that much (ditto, Kylee Watson), but Oregon had/has Prince and Sabally.....for now. What happens afterwards with these talented "next uppers" leaving?

BTW, back in 2019 when she committed, Hoopgurlz listed California, Missouri, UCLA and Marquette as other considered schools. You just posted you heard about Maryland and UCLA. The Bruins I get. Why would she virtually duplicate her Oregon situation by heading to College Park. To sit some more?

Reaction Score
More roster news: 6’5” Arielle Wilson has retired leaving Graves with 8 players. Now plans to raid the transfer portal for two players.
She doesn't move the needle at all for Maryland. The Terps needed players like Cardosa or Mulkey, both went elsewhere.

Reaction Score
FlaDuck:
I don't see anything on Dugalic's twitter account on this. Is this on an Oregon site? Thanks fo rclarifying.

One thing I'd noticed following the other defections was that Graves' Class of 2020 had remained intact. Given the all-star rankng of that class individually and collectively, that largely mitigated/glossed over the other losses.

Now, Dugalic is a crack in that 2020 foundation. Granted, she hadn't played that much (ditto, Kylee Watson), but Oregon had/has Prince and Sabally.....for now. What happens afterwards with these talented "next uppers" leaving?

BTW, back in 2019 when she committed, Hoopgurlz listed California, Missouri, UCLA and Marquette as other considered schools. You just posted you heard about Maryland and UCLA. The Bruins I get. Why would she virtually duplicate her Oregon situation by heading to College Park. To sit some more?
It was on OregonLive.com

Reaction Score
Any word on why she's leaving? Is playing time a factor?

Reaction Score
Heartbreaker. Angela Dugalic , Oregon forward, enters transfer portal. After the three guards leaving this one cuts deep. Potential superstar. Still possible to return but I now think something may be going on in Eugene
yes she was impressive when I saw her last season..........surprised she didn't get more court time.........going to be an important pick up for somebody............I hear there's real need of a big body at South Carolina............ :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
yes she was impressive when I saw her last season..........surprised she didn't get more court time.........going to be an important pick up for somebody............I hear there's real need of a big body at South Carolina............ :rolleyes:
She'll go to UConn or South Carolina. You know they are having an arms race.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Ha! If she was close to fellow Oregon portal-crosser Taylor Mikesell, she could go to Ohio State, where another 6'4" forward with central European heritage has left the gym.... :rolleyes: ?

Reaction Score
What I heard was it was not playing time but she is currently over in Serbia on the national team and I think it had something to do with her being gone longer than the initial commitment. She may have been told that there may be a choice at some point. There was some flexibility when Satou went to Germany. I can understand from a coaches perspective on some of this. If you hear more Floridaduck let us know or it you can or anyone else can confirm this. Serbia or Oregon. Some coaches may not care. She is the first one in this years group I will miss unless something changes here.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ha! If she was close to fellow Oregon portal-crosser Taylor Mikesell, she could go to Ohio State, where another 6'4" forward with central European heritage has left the gym.... :rolleyes: ?
Don't worry, they have another 6'4" central European in that gym to welcome her. ;)

(As I'm sure you're aware)

Reaction Score
She doesn't move the needle at all for Maryland. The Terps needed players like Cardosa or Mulkey, both went elsewhere.

She's very talented just Oregon has Sabally and Prince so not huge role for freshman post. I think maybe you are underestimating her or overestimating Maryland roster if that is your read because I think she would be a nice pickup for anyone. No she isn't Cardosa but that doesn't mean a lot of top teams wouldn't love to have her.

Reaction Score
She's very talented just Oregon has Sabally and Prince so not huge role for freshman post. I think maybe you are underestimating her or overestimating Maryland roster if that is your read because I think she would be a nice pickup for anyone. No she isn't Cardosa but that doesn't mean a lot of top teams wouldn't love to have her.
I didn’t visualize her as a post player going forward. But I am not the staff. I was visualizing a lot of time for Dugalic at the 3 spot With more of a Satou style game. Her versatility... highest rebounds per minute, decent 3 ball, decent driver. I was ( am ) expecting a polishing of technique in Serbia as well. Sigh ...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So with over 800 in the transfer portal, there's no way I'm going to see every announcement. A couple I've been waiting for news on, apparently I missed the news quite a while ago, well back in April. Jade Loville is going from Boise St. to Arizona St., and Maddi Utti from Fresno St. to Long Beach St. Both are going from Mountain West schools, one moving up, the other very definitely moving down.

Reaction Score
that would be a nice save for OSU..........wouldn't be a bad pick up for that team in Indiana either........

Reaction Score
I didn’t visualize her as a post player going forward. But I am not the staff. I was visualizing a lot of time for Dugalic at the 3 spot With more of a Satou style game. Her versatility... highest rebounds per minute, decent 3 ball, decent driver. I was ( am ) expecting a polishing of technique in Serbia as well. Sigh ...
I watched a lot of Pac-12 games last season and Oregon in particular and I was surprised to see Dugalic mainly played the 3, even bringing the ball up on occasion, when she was given minutes.

Not having followed her in high school, I wonder whether that was due to the roster makeup with Prince and Sabally in the front court or her preferred position / playing style. In her break out game vs UCLA (boxscore) came when Prince was unavailable.

Given the roster makeup after both Shelley and Chavez transferred, she would have seen a lot of court time this upcoming season, so it was surprising to read she has entered the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
Maryland needs a rim protector. Dugalic is a very skilled faceup 4. She would improve the Maryland roster but she isn't what Maryland need right now. She sort of reminds me of Dorka Juhasz.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
that would be a nice save for OSU..........wouldn't be a bad pick up for that team in Indiana either........

I know who you alluded to, but it's funny how I thought of both Indiana and Notre Dame:
  • Indiana: She'd be a great addition to the frontcourt of McKenzie Holmes and Aleksa Gulbe, adding some mid-range shooting.
  • Notre Dame: From what I read, Dugalic is more of a face-up 4 and ND has players at the "are they 4/are they 3's" (see Brunelle, Sam. Westbeld can play virtually anywhere.) Still, ND can use a tall player with talent to supplement two players that haven't seen the court in awhile: Nat Marshall and Maya Dodson. Outside of Dodson, Ivey has not seemed to be active in the transfer front so maybe she'll stick with the 10 cards -- err, players -- she has.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maryland needs a rim protector. Dugalic is a very skilled faceup 4. She would improve the Maryland roster but she isn't what Maryland need right now. She sort of reminds me of Dorka Juhasz.
Wait, what? I saw quite a bit of Oregon myself and you need to explain exactly how you think Angela reminds you of Dorka as I see a polished offensive player in Dorka and I do not see anything remotely like that in Angela.
Dorka averaged 14 pts per game, shot 48% from the field, 20% from 3 pt, 43% FT, 11 Reb, 19 assists to only 34 turnovers, 17 blocks, 17 steals playing 30 minutes per game.
Angela averaged 3.4 pts per game, shot 42%, 23% on 3's, 5 of 6 on FT, 4 reb, 17 assists to 20 turnovers playing only 12 minutes per game. The best part of Angela's game really was the 17 assists and the 4 rebounds per game. She is not an offensive player, or at least not yet. She has a ways to go. Dorka was always more skilled even as a freshman.

What are you seeing that I am not?

Reaction Score
Don’t think anything’s on in Eugene —it was just too many players and not enough balls

Reaction Score
Wait, what? I saw quite a bit of Oregon myself and you need to explain exactly how you think Angela reminds you of Dorka as I see a polished offensive player in Dorka and I do not see anything remotely like that in Angela.
Dorka averaged 14 pts per game, shot 48% from the field, 20% from 3 pt, 43% FT, 11 Reb, 19 assists to only 34 turnovers, 17 blocks, 17 steals playing 30 minutes per game.
Angela averaged 3.4 pts per game, shot 42%, 23% on 3's, 5 of 6 on FT, 4 reb, 17 assists to 20 turnovers playing only 12 minutes per game. The best part of Angela's game really was the 17 assists and the 4 rebounds per game. She is not an offensive player, or at least not yet. She has a ways to go. Dorka was always more skilled even as a freshman.

What are you seeing that I am not?
I'm relying on her high school game more than her year at Oregon. Juhasz played WAY more her freshman year than Dugalic. But Dugalic was pretty good at the offensive end in high school.

Reaction Score
USC's top scorer Endyia Rogers is transferring and has made a big thing about how she's going to announce on June 1. She says she would never go to UConn. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom