May recruiting thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
More on Blanca from The Next, which won't let me link to its articles. You'll need to copy and paste

https://www./features/the-worlds-best-prospects-take-on-nba-academy/

But the overall tournament standout is 15-year-old Blanca Quiñones. The 6’3 forward dominated games, led in scoring and had obvious generational court vision.

“I have a major superstar on my team: Blanca [Quiñones] from Ecuador; 15 years old, no way,”
[former La Tech great Coach Betty] Lennox said. “She reminds me so much of Tamika Catchings. She has a huge upside, and… I don’t think Tamika was that good at this age.”

Lennox is confident that Quiñones will be the first player from Ecuador ever drafted into the WNBA. And despite her age, she played professionally last season in Campobasso in Italy

Reaction Score
More on Blanca from The Next, which won't let me link to its articles. You'll need to copy and paste

But the overall tournament standout is 15-year-old Blanca Quiñones. The 6’3 forward dominated games, led in scoring and had obvious generational court vision.

“I have a major superstar on my team: Blanca [Quiñones] from Ecuador; 15 years old, no way,”
[former La Tech great Coach Betty] Lennox said. “She reminds me so much of Tamika Catchings. She has a huge upside, and… I don’t think Tamika was that good at this age.”

Lennox is confident that Quiñones will be the first player from Ecuador ever drafted into the WNBA. And despite her age, she played professionally last season in Campobasso in Italy
Is she 6'1 or 6'3? The post above says she's 6'1.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jordan Speller

CP3 Flames 5'6 CO2027 11.0/2.4/5.0 18-22 (81.8%) FT // 3.0 spg

Jordan had another terrific weekend terrorizing ball-handlers. She racked up 15 steals over the weekend, snagging at least 2 in each game. She also had a much improved weekend on offense, scoring in double-figures three times and posting some incredibly efficient numbers from the free throw line. As her team's primary ball-handler at times throughout the weekend, Jordan did a great job distributing as well, coming out as one of the best passers of Session 2, averaging 5.0 assists per game. She currently leads all of EYBL in steals per game after two sessions with 3.3 a game, and will very likely continue to dominate this leaderboard throughout the summer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Vukosa

Philly Rise 6'4 CO2026 12.8/5.2/1.4 22-37 (59.5%) FG

Olivia had a great weekend at Session 2, dominating in the paint just as she did at Session 1. She had two super impactful games, where she scored 17 and 23 respectively. In their first game on Saturday, she recorded 7 rebounds to go along with her 17 points, going a super efficient 7-10 from the floor. In their last game of the weekend against CY Fair, Olivia went 13-15 from the free throw line to propel her to a 23 point performance, also going 5-8 from the floor in that one. At 6'4 with great energy and a great motor, Olivia is one of the toughest players to contain down low on the circuit. She was getting whatever she wanted when she got the ball in the low post, taking high-percentage shots almost every time she looked at the rim, leading her to a 12.8 ppg average for the weekend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brooklynn Haywood

Cal Stars 5'9 CO2026 11.8/3.4/2.4

Brooklynn didn't shoot her best from the field in her first couple games of Session 2, but she still found a way to knock some down and score at least 9 points in all five of her games. Her last game of the night on Saturday was her best game of the session, scoring 14 points on 5-8 shooting and 3-5 from three. She dished out 4 assists in that one as well. She seemed to settle in as the weekend went on, shooting an impressive 13-24 (54.2%) in her last three games. Even as a guard, she's still capable of shooting a high-percentage from the field just off of how much space she creates off of her dribble. Brooklynn's ball-handling and shot-making skills are all the way next level, and she showed her ability to free herself up and create space with her strong handles on her way to averaging 11.8 ppg in Session 2.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
357E8560-CE76-4E9E-ABCD-E26E77DC7600.jpeg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter anymore, but this local reporter says McGaughy had a UConn offer. Also, a local article says her other finalists were Duke, UCLA, Utah, and Iowa.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Freshman 6'2 G Ivanna Wilson-Manyacka (MD)

Wilson-Manyacka was a standout performer during the first two days of the U17 trials. Her dynamic play was evident as she showcased her defensive skills in both open court and half-court situations, all while showing her scoring ability across all three levels. Wilson-Manyacka has made a compelling case for the top player in the freshman class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Freshman 5’10 G Jessie Moses (PA)

Moses showcased her scoring prowess alongside the top guards. She excelled at scoring off the catch, pulling up for jumpers, and hitting shots from the perimeter. Her versatility was evident with her array of in-between finishes, utilizing various floaters and runners. Defensively, Moses was effective off the ball, securing backside rebounds to initiate fast breaks and contributing with occasional deflections and steals. Moses is continuing to prove herself as one of the premier scorers in the country.

Freshman 5’5 PG Kaleena Smith (CA)

Smith was consistently solid throughout the entire trials. She had impressive runs where she made plays for herself and her teammates on consecutive possessions. Defensively, she showed significant improvement, effectively navigating ball screens and making steals. Her grit was evident as she managed to get stops even when switched onto bigger opponents. As the number one freshman in the country, Smith has already proven herself in multiple challenging settings and this weekend was no different. Her performance highlighted her growth and determination, reaffirming her status as an all-around elite player regardless of class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
6’4 Sophomore F Brihanna Crittendon (CO)

Crittendon displayed consistency throughout each day of the trials. Her court vision and unselfishness were evident as she effectively found teammates with drive- dump offs and drive-and-kicks. Offensively, she was efficient, scoring in a variety of ways cutting to the basket, running the floor, and knocking down open threes. Defensively, Crittendon showcased her versatility. She adeptly guarded smaller guards on switches and, thanks to her size, could also defend bigger post players and wings. Crittendon proved to be a reliable all-around threat, making significant contributions on both ends of the floor.

Junior 6’1 G Aaliyah Crump (MN)

Crump's maturity and activity were evident throughout the trials. She adapted well to any guard position, demonstrating her effectiveness off the ball by consistently knocking down catch-and-shoot threes. Defensively, her height allows her to match up with bigger guards and wings. Crump showed the ability to be a dominant ball handler in half-court settings. Her proficiency in knocking down perimeter shots is what will make her a highly effective player at the next level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Freshman 5’9 PG Jezelle “GG Banks (DE)

Banks asserted herself as one of the best point guards during the first two days. She was dynamic in the open court, excelling as both a playmaker and slasher. Her defensive prowess was evident as she picked pockets and created offense from defense with both on and off-ball steals. Banks was highly effective in the pick-and-roll, consistently making plays by either finding the big on the roll or driving to the rim and finishing. She proved herself to be one of the premier players in the country, competing against some of the best talents nationwide, regardless of class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Freshman 6’3 F Lauren Hassell (TN)

Hassell played exceptionally well on the second and third days. She blocked shots at an effective rate and showcased her ability to hit catch-and-shoot jumpers from the perimeter. Her progress throughout the trials was evident as she looked better and better, gaining more confidence and comfort on the court. She proved herself to be an elite interior defender. I'm excited to see what she’ll develop into in the future.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen a lot of posts about her, but Jayden McClain is a 6'6 13 year old in the class of 2029. She's currently followed by (and following) Morgan Valley.

And did I mention she's 6'6!!!
Screenshot_20240531_145210_X.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a lot of posts about her, but Jayden McClain is a 6'6 13 year old in the class of 2029. She's currently followed by (and following) Morgan Valley.

And did I mention she's 6'6!!!
View attachment 101139
2029! My goodness, the girl is 12 or 13 years old

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Addison Bjorn All Iowa Attack

6'1 CO2026 11.4/3.6/1.0 64.3/50.0/70.4

Addison had another super efficient weekend from the floor, and even knocked down her first 2 threes of the summer. She scored in double-figures in every game, and shot at least 55% from the floor in every game. She had highest field goal percentage out of anyone on the circuit in Session 2 with at least 5 attemps a game. Some of these were tough, contested shots in the paint, but her touch is so good she's still able to knock those down. She's super long, athletic, and moves smoothly and under control when she takes it to the rim. She had a nice weekend on the defensive end as well, averaging 2.0 spg. At her size and athleticism, and her ability to handle the ball, Addison poses as quite the mismatch for most teams, which allows her to get so many good looks around the rim, shooting 64.3% from the floor for the weekend with a nice 11.4 ppg average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom