May 2021 recruiting thread | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is UConn still looking for 1 more recruit in 2022?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno said in an interview that they have commitments from three and possibly a fourth.
If you can, please check his wording in that interview. A little before Patterson committed, I believe Geno said they had 2 commitments (Brady and Patterson) and were looking at/hoping for 1-2 more. I don't think there were more than 2 commits at that time.

Reaction Score
If you can, please check his wording in that interview. A little before Patterson committed, I believe Geno said they had 2 commitments (Brady and Patterson) and were looking at/hoping for 1-2 more. I don't think there were more than 2 commits at that time.
Yeah this is what he said

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incognito mode to read the article.

Patterson, who is ranked as the No. 3 girls basketball recruit in the class of 2022 by ESPN, announced in March that she had verbally committed to perennial powerhouse UConn.

“Sometimes you have to take the call and be honest with coaches, and coaches have to be honest with you, and so that relationship was my main thing and consideration,” Patterson said. “The top five colleges I chose, the coaches I had known for a long time. I got to know them watching film, watching the coaches, watching practice. It came down to UConn because the coaches were real with me, they weren't selling dreams to me. Everyone else was selling hopes and dreams, and I just wanted to go somewhere that had an established program, with a coach that's great with his players.

“I get to go somewhere with some of my best friends in basketball.”

Reaction Score
Sluconn, could we start each month with a list of known Players of Interrest, please.
Thanks for keeping all of us up-to-date.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn, could we start each month with a list of known Players of Interrest, please.
Thanks for keeping all of us up-to-date.

Alright. This is what I have. It's possible a few of these players may no longer be on the radar but without confirmation I still have them listed.

2022: KK Bransford, Kiki Rice, T'yana Todd, Imani Lester, Jenna Isai

2023: Cori Allen, Judea Watkins, Chloe Briggs, Riley Stack, Milaysia Fulwiley, Jordy Griggs, Ashlynn Shade, Chloe Clardy, Madison Booker, Aalyah Del Rosario, Breya Cunningham, Mary Ashley Groot, Olivia Anderson, Ella Brandewie

2024: Katie Fiso, Joyce Edwards, Imari Berry, Athena Tomlinson, Devin Coppinger, Cameron Rust, Zamareya Jones

2025: Nyla Brooks

2026: Jenica Lewis

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
'23 Olivia Anderson was supposed to visit last year before the virus shut everything down. Hope that's a good sign.

Anderson, 14, said she’s already received 23 college letters. She went to a Gonzaga University camp last summer and also toured the Butler University campus.

And this upcoming summer she plans on visiting the University of Connecticut’s campus because one of her basketball tournaments is nearby.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m hoping for Kk or Kiki Rice
Agreed, these are the last of the potential difference makers in 2022 for us, and a rotation spot would not be a sure thing for them either. You correctly said or, because getting both would be very unlikely, and our interest and the player's interest would probably disappear after either one of them committed to Uconn. The next tier of prospects would likely be recruiting backups to the backups, so maybe it comes down to trying for one of those two and call it a day after their decisions are made. Given our roster a great two player class is very very good. Three in the top ten would be the third straight great recruiting year.

Reaction Score
Hana Muhl. Has anyone heard anything from/about her? I just looked at her films again and she is clearly a "gnat 2"....great floor sense, and a thief, just like her sister. I don't know her class, so there may not be room for her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hana Muhl. Has anyone heard anything from/about her? I just looked at her films again and she is clearly a "gnat 2"....great floor sense, and a thief, just like her sister. I don't know her class, so there may not be room for her.
Hanah's DoB 15 Jul 2003 per her FIBA profile. That would make her either class of 2021 or 22. Which makes it very unlikely that UCONN is interested with only 1 roster spot available among those classes. Premier Basketball (same as ESPN now ) does not have Hana Muhl rated among the top international prospect for '21-'23.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Imani Lester ('22) says she is down to five schools that she won't disclose and hopes to make a decision this summer.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Alright. This is what I have. It's possible a few of these players may no longer be on the radar but without confirmation I still have them listed.

2022: KK Bransford, Kiki Rice, T'yana Todd, Imani Lester, Jenna Isai

2023: Cori Allen, Judea Watkins, Chloe Briggs, Riley Stack, Milaysia Fulwiley, Jordy Griggs, Ashlynn Shade, Chloe Clardy, Madison Booker, Aalyah Del Rosario, Breya Cunningham, Mary Ashley Groot, Olivia Anderson, Ella Brandewie

2024: Katie Fiso, Joyce Edwards, Imari Berry, Athena Tomlinson, Devin Coppinger, Cameron Rust, Zamareya Jones

2025: Nyla Brooks

2026: Jenica Lewis
Potential huge international fish in 2023 Justė Jocytė got to think if she decides to play College ball UCONN would be very interested.

Reaction Score
I like Cunningham also, I just like Aalyah Del Rosario much more. Aalyah Del Rosario is taller, more mobile, more range on the jumper, and she would be coming to UCONN from NJ vs. California.
I haven’t watched much footage of her, but she sounds like she’s everything we need. Love to get her also!

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about ‘23, letycia vasconcelos? I was just checking out hoopgurlz and saw her pop up, 6’7, 7th overall, post. I tried to find footage and doesn’t look like there’s a lot out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom