May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Reaction Score
I'm not buying the point you made ---

"Geno and freshmen don't usually mix" for Fudd not to come to UCONN.

I think that's preposterous. If she doesn't come it will have nothing to do with "she doesn't mix with Geno."
You remind me of a politician who changes what I say and spins it's with your words and then puts quotations marks around it. The fact is what you put in quotation marks is not what I said. The question is why hasn't she committed yet to UConn. I offered some possible points for discussion. I would love for her to come to UConn and play with Paige. I think she is a tremendous player.

Reaction Score
You remind me of a politician who changes what I say and spins it's with your words and then puts quotations marks around it. The fact is what you put in quotation marks is not what I said. The question is why hasn't she committed yet to UConn. I offered some possible points for discussion. I would love for her to come to UConn and play with Paige. I think she is a tremendous player.

I don't know who is the politician here but you really did say "Geno and freshmen don't usually mix" in your earlier post on page 8.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PrepGirlsHoops, the outlet I linked to for their 2021 top-100 list yesterday, has put out more rankings. This is their #1 Power Forward for 2021:

#1: 2021, 6’4, PF, Harvard Westlake HS, Okikiola Iriafen

- All around athlete, highly athletic, very skilled, tenacious rebounder and just a menace on the court for anyone trying to guard her. High Major talent for sure, shoots the ball out to the free throw line, skilled with left or right over the shoulder post play. This kid is one of the toughest defenders as well and plays with a very high IQ for the game. Always makes the right play and is still growing in my opinion.

2021 Rankings - Top Power Forwards | Prep Girls Hoops

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Now PrepGirlsHoops' top Power Forward for 2022. You might recognize her:

#1: 2022, 6’3, PF, Cathedral Catholic HS, Isuneh Brady

- Ice is the prototypical power forward with a nice body and frame, she uses her body well in the paint and is able to seal her defenders an finish with success. Ice is also a great shot block in the paint with her long wingspan that keeps her in front of the defender to make those plays. She is skilled out to the mid range, makes shots off the back board, pull up’s from the free throw line and is a decent free throw shooter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
PrepGirlsHoops, the outlet I linked to for their 2021 top-100 list yesterday, has put out more rankings. This is their #1 Power Forward for 2021:

- All around athlete, highly athletic, very skilled, tenacious rebounder and just a menace on the court for anyone trying to guard her. High Major talent for sure, shoots the ball out to the free throw line, skilled with left or right over the shoulder post play. This kid is one of the toughest defenders as well and plays with a very high IQ for the game. Always makes the right play and is still growing in my opinion.

If Azzi chooses not to come to UConn, I’d be very happy to welcome Iriafen to the family.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Azzi chooses not to come to UConn, I’d be very happy to welcome Iriafen to the family.

0fc.gif

Reaction Score
IMO Iriafen is the most skilled and athletic big in the ‘21 class. I don’t know if UConn has offered and I’ve got a bad feeling she’s not leaving Cali but it ain’t over till it’s over.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I believe that we are very interested in Kiki, but don't know the current status of recruiting her. Harvard-Westlake seems to be a feeder for Stanford and UCLA, and I've heard an ugly rumor that she wants to stay in California. I think she should study under Professor Auriemma.

Reaction Score
Hey no problem.

So this means then that you agree with me, right?

Anyone that suggests or implies that "Geno and freshmen don't usually mix" as a reason for Fudd not to come to UCONN is totally wrong, correct?

We both agree?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if UConn is indeed actively recruiting Toby Fournier but she just recently transferred to 2020 UConn commit Aaliyah Edward's school, Crestwood Prep. Crestwood will have a huge frontcourt next year with Fournier and Lattimore.

Reaction Score
Good for her. Now back to our Azzi Fudd vigil.
I love your energy @oldude let’s focus on what’s important.

honestly there’s no other program for Azzi to go to. unless she wanted to shock the world and be a big fish in a small pond.

SC is booked
Oregon is booked
She’s not going to Baylor

come roll with the winners Fudd do the right thing

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I love your energy @oldude let’s focus on what’s important.

honestly there’s no other program for Azzi to go to. unless she wanted to shock the world and be a big fish in a small pond.

SC is booked
Oregon is booked
She’s not going to Baylor

come roll with the winners Fudd do the right thing

Notre Dame and Maryland have always been two of the three biggest threats, and they have room.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, but unless I’m mistaken, Tim Fudd really likes Geno. As for Mrs. Fudd, I just don’t know if she has a favorite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom