May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Reaction Score
She's a prep school teammate of Kiki Rice. I need to go watch Sidwell when it's safe.

She didn’t play varsity last year probably due to her age and if I remember it correctly Sidwell didn’t have a girls JV team. Her mom coaches Sidwell & Team Durant. Sidwell also has Jadyn Donovan the only DMV player in Hoopgurlz 2023 rankings.

Reaction Score
1 hour 18 minutes......any cliff notes?
One of the more interesting videos. Instead of cherry picking, shows full range of her skills and deficiencies. At times, Saylor was not very impressive. She was guarded and had to guard a physically bigger player and didn't have the strength to compete near the basket. At UConn, will not have to play center and had great ball handling, passing, and in particular, passing skills. Predict she will struggle early but be in top 8 rotation by year's end. Will be a player in 2-3 years we all say, "why didn't we pay more notice to her earlier?"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One of the more interesting videos. Instead of cherry picking, shows full range of her skills and deficiencies. At times, Saylor was not very impressive. She was guarded and had to guard a physically bigger player and didn't have the strength to compete near the basket.

I was more impressed with her in this video than about any other time I've seen her. The variety of skill shown to go with her IQ gives me a lot of hope she can approach being an impact player. A year ago I was leaning more towards her being a Kathryn Westbeld type role player which still would've been helpful. She appears to have more upside than that.

Reaction Score

just when you thought.jpeg

I think I know less now about Azzi's recruitment than (I thought) I knew before I listened to that interview.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
People have allowed themselves to become entirely too invested in the notion she is coming to UConn.

There seems to be a lot of hope, but I'm not sure I'd call it a notion.

Reaction Score
People have allowed themselves to become entirely too invested in the notion she is coming to UConn.

that's sometimes the case with big time recruits but her extremely close friendship with Paige Bueckers and her multiple trips to UConn make it understandable in this instance..............I'd say the odds are 50%/50% which are better odds then most other top recruits I've tracked in the past...........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At least, we don't have to open the BY with one eye closed for a while expecting the worst. Plenty of time.

Reaction Score

The more I read about her, the more unsure I am UConn will land her. To have a list of seven schools at this point, I think is a lot. To all you confident boneyarders I say remember Boston. She was a lock until she wasn’t. By the time Boston made her decision, I believe on either the last day or next to last day of the recruiting period, all the other top level talent was off the board. I think UConn should focus on some Of the remaining 2021 recruits. They probably are but we just don’t know it.

Reaction Score
that's sometimes the case with big time recruits but her extremely close friendship with Paige Bueckers and her multiple trips to UConn make it understandable in this instance..............I'd say the odds are 50%/50% which are better odds then most other top recruits I've tracked in the past...........
50..50 is pretty meaningless...all it means is maybe/maybe not... Head bang

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What? It means it is not a 1 in 7 chance as per her list of schools she says are still in the running. AND GIVEN all her UConn Visits and references I agree with Charlie. I am at a complete loss over your moniker and various posts as you never offer any qualitative or quantitative support for most of your comments hence “troll”.
So basically I think your assessment is so far off of any logic, please feel to move along...

Reaction Score
I’m thinking she stays close to home and picks Maryland. She will be to Maryland what Sky Diggins was to ND.

Reaction Score

I think 50%/50% odds when there are at least three other big time programs involved isn't meaningless at all.............she simply isn't showing her cards at this point yet she has shown a good amount of UConn interest................just hoping for the best..............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I’m thinking she stays close to home and picks Maryland. She will be to Maryland what Sky Diggins was to ND.

That has been a notion I've been playing with for a few weeks The draw of a strong team close to home.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
7, huh?

UConn
ND
Maryland
South Carolina
?
?
?
My guess, based on very little:

North Carolina (former teammate is there)
Baylor (Kim and talent)
Oregon (Kelly and talent)
Stanford (Tara and world-class education)

That totals to 8. If Azzi’s list is, in fact, at 7, I’m thinking we have identified most or all of the 7.

I’m optimistic, but I think Azzi doesn’t know yet and may go elsewhere. Maryland is certainly a possibility. I think Geno is still working on Azzi and also looking at others for 2021 and 2022.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom