Matthews Decommits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Matthews Decommits

Reaction Score
Shooting and point guard are huge gaps right now that need to be filled. We can’t rely on gilbert’s health and definitely can’t rely on Polley becoming a good starter by next season.

Guess what the two decommits were?

A point guard and a shooter.

Chill recruited both guys. He was bought in exclusively to recruit. He damn well did not help with the coaching.

We will see once Hurley shows his cards. I hope he is not being caught with his pants down waiting to see what happens with Cox !!!

Reaction Score
I think the only recruit Hurley is interested in is Kisunas since he’s going to see him tonight.

Reaction Score
The decommits don’t faze me but the void they create does and as long as they go unfilled will continue to phase me.
We need at least another PG maybe two. Adams may decide to go and Gilbert is iffy.
Unless Polley/ Wilson can play the two another two guard.
We have one healthy guard in the fold right now and I’m not suppose to be fazed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Matthews is better than Polley or Whaley coming out of HS but we need to start getting high-major athletes again. I'm tired of the string bean, mid-major-level athletes who need to spend two years in the weight room before they're valuable rotation pieces on a good team. I'm fine with thinner players if they can jump out of the gym or are quick. When you aren't a plus-athlete in any regard (strength, leaping, quickness) then we need to say 'no', unless you can shoot the living piss out of a basketball.

Reaction Score
This only hurts because he was a good shooter and we need shooters. If we can replace him with someone else that can knock down threes then no big deal. Keep Adams, AG, Vital, Wilson, Diarra & Carlton and I'm happy. We can find replacements for everyone else. The roster is put together so horribly that some decommits and a couple transfers outside of the above pool might be a blessing in disguise. We need room in the 2019 class.

Reaction Score
Hurley need to stop waiting on Cox.!! He needs to not be a nice guy to URI and go take his players. It’s way to late in recruiting to be nice and all there are is decommits and scraps!!!

Reaction Score
You don't think so? Historically he's been quite happy with them. Granted that is at URI, not UConn. You guys and your stars and rankings.
He recruited very well at URI but he felt he had maxed out there. The reason he chose UConn is that he sees it as a job where he can recruit at the highest levels and contend for final 4's and championships.

Do we really have to go through the whole routine again how higher ranked players tend to be better players than lower ranked players?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
So I guess you could say with all these scholly’s opening up.... The #HurleyWatch continues

Reaction Score
"I am NOT closing the door on UConn"

the kid might still end up at UConn, let's not go overboard with the passive-aggressive "he's not good enough for UConn" posts.
Exactly, Hurley will evaluate him and if he fits what he wants he will go after him.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Hurley need to stop waiting on Cox.!! He needs to not be a nice guy to URI and go take his players. It’s way to late in recruiting to be nice and all there are is decommits and scraps!!!
Pillage and burn!!!!!

Reaction Score
It's silly to look at a top 150 kid as not being worthy of UConn. Come on, look at our history. On the other hand it does seem like Hurley evaluated him and came to some understanding. So he doesn't think he's a fit. That's what coaches do. But to base it on his top 150 ranking is silly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom