Matt Cross Leaves Miami | The Boneyard

Matt Cross Leaves Miami

Reaction Score
Saw him in person last year. MASSACHUSETTS KID.
Tremendous form and frame.
He should be a help wherever he lands. Not BCU, but someplace like UCONN.

Reaction Score
Probably discouraged...

Miami just lost by 22 to FSU...for their 3rd straight loss of 14 or more points...and lost last 4 of 5...all double digit L's.

But Cross has been playing...14 games @ 24 minutes...but he did not play in the FSU game...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s playing a lot of minutes there. Kind of weak to leave mid season if he’s just discouraged from losing. It’s probably something else.

Reaction Score
Miami kinda has a sh#tty hoops culture, a lot of guys go there to get paid and get out quick. Maybe he's looking for a better fit culture wise. Who knows, but not assuming the worst here at all.

Reaction Score
I would be excited about trying to get him here unless something is truely wrong. I watched him several times playing for Brewster last year. He was a versatile 6'6 player with a great shot from deep. I note he is 20 of 50 from 3 at Miami 40%. Has lots of skills for perimeter play or mixing it up in the paint. Could be a great complimentary piece to Martin. Played last year with Kadray Richmond (Syr) and Terrence Clarke (Ky). Brewster had no bigs so he had to play center and was as successful as possible for a 6'6 guy vs 6'10 and 7'ft centers. For your mind's eye visualize Martin having to play center. He'd give it a go but be overmatched at times. I never got any impression Cross was anything but a team player. I have actually lamented that we didn't go after him last year. He could be a great piece. yes please

Reaction Score
He’s playing a lot of minutes there. Kind of weak to leave mid season if he’s just discouraged from losing. It’s probably something else.
Probably start of the second semester. Also, this year doesn't count against college eligibility so if you have decided to go, now would be a good time to go. He could even be able to enroll in the spring semester at this new school.

This looks to be Miami's 3rd losing season in a row, so Larranga, at 71, may be out after this season.

Reaction Score
folks seem confident in samson's ability to play C so this guy would be great option at stretch 4. so much versatility between cross (3s), akok (blks), martin (rebs), and aj (asts)

cross and nimari and we're back onto 2022.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So he would have four yrs of eligibility(wherever he lands) despite having played half a season this year??Correct?

Correct, but I think a lot of these kids will still end up graduating and leaving after 4 years even though they will technically have another year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
He went scoreless in his last two games and coach held him out against FSU despite only playing 6 players.

Maybe he intimated a transfer and was cut loose immediately.

I've seen that happen in football...announce going to the portal and..bu bye.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom