Massive college recruiting scandal - FBI arresting coaches after sting operation | The Boneyard

Massive college recruiting scandal - FBI arresting coaches after sting operation

Reaction Score
If Louisville is dirty enough to give 100,000 for a basketball recruit while under investigation for a hooker scandal, what would they be willing to give to earn a spot in the ACC a couple years ago?

Regardless, every single ACC President and athletic director as well as the commissioner that pushed for Louisville need to be reached for comment today to explain their decision to sell their leagues soul out by inviting a rogue University over a top 20 school.

Reaction Score
Tell Pitino not to prematurely cream his pants while the door hits him in the ass

Reaction Score
No way Louisville gets to stay in the ACC, right? They’re a constant embarrassment who is about to get the death penalty.

Hopefully the media portrays UConn as a victim of Louisville’s fraud.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No way Louisville gets to stay in the ACC, right? They’re a constant embarrassment who is about to get the death penalty.
They’ll be fine. I think they save face by finally 6468 scandals later canning pitino. These types of things don’t get teams kicked out of conferences anyways. Temple in the early 2000s had no fans and awful on the field performance thus the boot from Big East football

Reaction Score
The UNC scandal proves the academic standing means nothing when it comes to sports, money and branding.

Wake is getting paid from it all, they wont' say a word.

Pitino may not survive this, but nothing will change.

Business as usual.

Reaction Score
$100k for a recruit makes you wonder how much a school might have been willing to pay to get into a P5 conference. (At least $150k plus hookers, no?)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The more and more stuff like this comes out the more I want to know what Louisville really did to go from “UConn wasn’t just penciled in to join, it was written in pen.” I believe that the football schools pushed hard for them and that was it but man, Louisville and the ACC are just a perfect marriage of corruption to not think maybe something else went down.

Reaction Score
Arrested so far....Assistant Coaches at Auburn, USC , Oklahoma State, and Arizona.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll be danged....tell me Louisville was smart enough to have the bagman as a cutout....no Louisville arrest?

And, Auburn? I thought the SEC guys knew how to do this.

Reaction Score
I'll be danged....tell me Louisville was smart enough to have the bagman as a cutout....no Louisville arrest?

And, Auburn? I thought the SEC guys knew how to do this.
I guess Louisville took lessons from FSU.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I said in the mega thread that one way the NCAA could play this is to make an example of one of the schools and basically nuke it from the college athletics landscape. It would make the NCAA look tough, and would protect the reputation of the member institutions.

Louisville looks like the leading candidate to be the fall guy. They are not a long-time member of the club. They are weak academically. They are in a small, poor market that is not particularly attractive to advertisers. But they are big enough that it would make some noise if they were taken out.

It is likely that the NCAA will do nothing because that is what they always do, but this is unprecedented. They could look tough and get rid of a mistake in one move, which might open the door to a cleaner, more academically respected university to step in. It also helps that the ACC is coming off two recent championships, so they don't need Louisville's football program any more.

This could be our last shot.

Reaction Score
This is what I never understood....they NEVER needed Louisville's football program. Never. There was no need for them to go down that path. Everyone knew what Louisville was. Ethically and academically. This was entirely predictable. Everyone on here was saying 4 years ago inviting Louisville would blow up in their face. I don't even think we knew how bad.

Reaction Score
So far...Louisville staff have not been indicted....only the Adidas rep that tried to influence on their behalf.

It is not going to be a program killer for Auburn, Oklahoma State, Arizona, or So Cal....neither will it be for Louisville.

Reaction Score
So far...Louisville staff have not been indicted....only the Adidas rep that tried to influence on their behalf.

It is not going to be a program killer for Auburn, Oklahoma State, Arizona, or So Cal....neither will it be for Louisville.

They have surveilance of Louisville staff in a hotel room talking about structuring payments and that they need to be careful because they are already on probation. They are hosed and the investigation isn’t close to being done. The program won’t be the same going forward.

There is a 18 page thread on the MBB board since the news broke. Their plight is being well documented.

Reaction Score
Off with their heads....all of them....close the frickin' BB progams down. All of them.

Adidas and their BB cronies need to be taught a lesson.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

This was like 5 minutes after going on probation for hookers and blow.

Reaction Score
The footnote to the Joseph Gerth article is priceless. Correction on the location of Pitino's table top b..g of the chick who sued him. LOL

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Are you kidding?

They have a pair of Louisville coaches on video arranging a six-figure payment to one recruit and a down payment on another.

All of this while they were planning their appeal for the last violation. This is exactly what the death penalty was designed for.

Southern Cal and Auburn will likely get out relatively light. Don't know about Okie State. Arizona is going to be mauled, but Louisville is going to be razed to the ground.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I too believe Louisville will get the death penalty and rightly so. And Petino should have a lifetime ban from coaching at an NCAA school. Too many times the coaches who cheat and cause the mess get off free.

I think the ACC has to rethink its decision to bring Louisville in.

Reaction Score

Hopefully the media portrays UConn as a victim of Louisville’s fraud.
One could only hope. Dont think so though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom