Marquette vs UNC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Marquette vs UNC

Reaction Score
Marquette can be a very good team on a given night, no doubt tourney worthy but their inconsistencies kill them. We will need to draw those out to win this one Saturday in yet another huge game. Tough matchup!

Reaction Score
I don't think committee looks too hard at conference standings after who got 1st.

Probably is good for BET seeding.

I also don't know much the committee looks at the quadrants in general. I think it's used more by the horse race bracketologists to simplify things for themselves. I do think they look at Quad 1 wins though.
They literally don't look at conference standings at all. They've said many, many times that they evaluate each team's body of work as a whole, but somehow people just can't grasp it. That's why every year idiots says things like "team X got totally screwed, they finished ahead of team Y in the conference standings, and beat them head to head, but team Y got in and team X didn't!!!". The committtee isn't looking at those types of things. At all.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley told the Fox Sports team last night that it was looking for a game. The Marquette/UNC game and tonight's Houston/Western Kentucky game were scheduled in the last few days.

Pro tip: Don't lead with insulting other posters if you have no idea what you are talking about.
I hope they find something against a decent opponent. Would be a huge help to UConn if they can get their NET into top 75.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
These things happen, my man. VHS didn't beat Beta because it was technically superior. Sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time.
Really hoping that's the case b/c I enjoy the BY.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Marquette rolled North Carolina?

Guess that means Dook is a lock and we're about to be banned for being the last name team to report failing APR grades over a decade ago

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I think I could create a thread on anything, and another BY'er post the same. Guaranteed the second poster without my avatar benignly draws the attention of the BY'er. Just sayin.

I guess you are the stone that the builder refused....

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Pastor BoukofJames? Nice.
forgive me, this reference went over my head. I think I need to go back and watch it now with new perspective. Gangstalicious and Thugnificient were hilarious when I was in middle school, but I think I would appreciate the show a lot more for its complexities as an adult

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
forgive me, this reference went over my head. I think I need to go back and watch it now with new perspective. Gangstalicious and Thugnificient were hilarious when I was in middle school, but I think I would appreciate the show a lot more for its complexities as an adult
The stone the builder refused is biblical scripture (Psalms something I believe). Was the quote also in reference to Boondocks? In the opening?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
The stone the builder refused is biblical scripture (Psalms something I believe). Was the quote also in reference to Boondocks? In the opening perhaps?

Reaction Score
Marquette is doing pretty good against NC. Our game looks tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom