Marquette vs UNC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette vs UNC

Reaction Score
Good news: All the Bubble teams from Big East are losing so we're going to pass them.

Bad news: We're going to lose all Q1 wins aside from USC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good news: All the Bubble teams from Big East are losing so we're going to pass them.

Bad news: We're going to lose all Q1 wins aside from USC.

I get that you are joking, but unless Xavier pulls off a miracle, tonight is a bloodbath for UConn's tournament resume outside of Marquette winning.

Reaction Score
I get that you are joking, but unless Xavier pulls off a miracle, tonight is a bloodbath for UConn's tournament resume outside of Marquette winning.
Seton Hall needs to stay top 75. They were 51 coming into today. That'll drop. And then we need to beat them to get that Q1, so by necessity they'll drop more. It is definitely a problem.

Xavier also needs to stay top 75. They've got Creighton at home next, so we'll definitely need to root for Xavier there.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think I could create a thread on anything, and another BY'er post the same. Guaranteed the second poster without my avatar benignly draws the attention of the BY'er. Just sayin.
We want that new head.

Reaction Score
No problem with Hall or Xavier losing tonight. They'll both remain Top 75 and we'll control our own destiny for third place. And the selection committee ain't leaving the third place BE team out of the big dance.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall needs to stay top 75. They were 51 coming into today. That'll drop. And then we need to beat them to get that Q1, so by necessity they'll drop more. It is definitely a problem.

Xavier also needs to stay top 75. They've got Creighton at home next, so we'll definitely need to root for Xavier there.
You don't see a benefit to us finishing 3rd in BE? Quad 1 or 2 wins might be a little less important this year. We just need to keep winning, 10 BE wins and no bad loses (yet anyway) would be a tourney resume imo. I can't see less than 4 BE teams making it.

Reaction Score
You don't see a benefit to us finishing 3rd in BE? Quad 1 or 2 wins might be a little less important this year. We just need to keep winning, 10 BE wins and no bad loses (yet anyway) would be a tourney resume imo.
I don't think committee looks too hard at conference standings after who got 1st.

Probably is good for BET seeding.

I also don't know much the committee looks at the quadrants in general. I think it's used more by the horse race bracketologists to simplify things for themselves. I do think they look at Quad 1 wins though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You don't see a benefit to us finishing 3rd in BE? Quad 1 or 2 wins might be a little less important this year. We just need to keep winning, 10 BE wins and no bad loses (yet anyway) would be a tourney resume imo. I can't see less than 4 BE teams making it.

Do you want a 9 seed and a second round game with Baylor?

Reaction Score
Do you want a 9 seed and a second round game with Baylor?
I don't see the connection to my post? I want UConn in the Tourney as comfortably as possible, not sure what finishing 3rd in BE has to do with being a 9 seed vs Baylor?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't see the connection to my post? I want UConn in the Tourney as comfortably as possible, not sure what finishing 3rd in BE has to do with being a 9 seed vs Baylor?

Because we need more quality wins and Xavier and Seton Hall screwed us tonight. People think we can just win the games on our schedule and that will be enough. It won't. I think we are basically in the dance, but our seed will suck unless we do something to make it better. I would play at least 2 A10 teams between now and the BET if I was Hurley. Just get semi-decent wins and hope someone we have beaten already goes on a run.

Reaction Score
Because we need more quality wins and Xavier and Seton Hall screwed us tonight. People think we can just win the games on our schedule and that will be enough. It won't. I think we are basically in the dance, but our seed will suck unless we do something to make it better. I would play at least 2 A10 teams between now and the BET if I was Hurley. Just get semi-decent wins and hope someone we have beaten already goes on a run.
Maybe, but I think it's uncertain still that we are in so I'm rooting for other Bubble Teams to lose until we are safely in and if we win 2 more I think we are in. I'm less concerned about seeding for now. I see your point though.

Reaction Score

Bizarre. There is nothing to gain by playing any middling A10 school at this point. A win wouldn't move the needle, and a loss could be catastrophic. See UNC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bizarre. There is nothing to gain by playing any middling A10 school at this point. A win wouldn't move the needle, and a loss could be catastrophic. See UNC.

People have been padding computer ratings since the early 90's by playing mid-majors. Have you heard of computers?

Reaction Score
You guys really think they're going to take only 2 Big East teams? Lol.

They have 10-11 from BigTen heading into tonight (some barely above .500 and Minnesota in who is 0-8 on the road lol)

BE should get 4-5 teams in, but who knows

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say you are the most delusional (remaining) member of the Boneyard. I am not saying that playing additional games wouldn't help our résumé, but to call for it to happen as if it's feasible is beyond irrational. For all we know, it could be logistically impossible at this point. Furthermore, you are suggesting the team play (up to) 8 games in 2 weeks. Not sure if that would be wise from a health and conditioning standpoint.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say you are the most delusional (remaining) member of the Boneyard. I am not saying that playing additional games wouldn't help our résumé, but to call for it to happen as if it's feasible is beyond irrational. For all we know, it could be logistically impossible at this point. Furthermore, you are suggesting the team play (up to) 8 games in 2 weeks. Not sure if that would be wise from a health and conditioning standpoint.

Ed Cooley told the Fox Sports team last night that it was looking for a game. The Marquette/UNC game and tonight's Houston/Western Kentucky game were scheduled in the last few days.

Pro tip: Don't lead with insulting other posters if you have no idea what you are talking about.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley told the Fox Sports team last night that it was looking for a game. The Marquette/UNC game and tonight's Houston/Western Kentucky game were scheduled in the last few days.

Pro tip: Don't lead with insulting other posters if you have no idea what you are talking about.
I was going to post only the insult, but I thought that might be childish.

I am only saying you are delusional given the entirety of UConn's situation. It is not my position that it is absolutely impossible to schedule another game or two. If you prove to me that it is doable in UConn's case, it does not change my overall point.

The bottom line for me is that there are UConn staff members with access to a lot more information than you or I have, and they decided to play the schedule as-is. It could be the case that this is the "wrong" strategy, but we do not have enough information to make that determination. You claiming that you do have enough information makes you look utterly delusional, in my opinion. (Closed with the insult this time.)

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
In the old Big East outside of Cuse i'd always root for the BE teams vs non conference teams. Didn't have the same feeling in the AAC. Nice to be able to do that again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom