Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can’t remember how many Gus Johnson mentioned how long it’s been. Conveniently left out AAC years.
If you subtract the AAC years (7), it was only 5 years that we didn't win a Big East title. Compare that to NC state tonight ( 37 years) and North Carolina ( 7, before tonight); not winning an ACC tournament. Shows you how stupid it is to constantly bring it up.

Reaction Score
People got way too spoiled by the Sanogo/Clingan rotation last year. Samson obviously has his flaws but not alot of teams have legit backup Cs and certainly not one like Samson who has changed the flow of a game in our favor multiple games this year as soon as he checked in .
In fairness to those people, he was borderline unplayable for a decent stretch in the BE. His play has improved A LOT over the past few weeks and I tend to think getting out of the familiarity of the BE will also help him a lot in the tourney.

Reaction Score
And ESPN leads with:

UConn wins 8th Big East tournament title, first since 2011​

Hard to win it when you're not in the conference for several years. Guess it's more notoable than winning two National Championships since 2011. Finally acknowledges that we just achieved most Big East championships in conference history. Right, despite not being in the conference for several years.
Yea, it's a little misleading. But its not like we won many championships in the AAC anyway (2016). Those were some dark years.

Anyway, who cares. We are at the mountain top right now.

U-C-O-N-N!

Reaction Score
When we talk about Hurley and whether he needs to cool it with the fans. Nah, he needs to keep doing what he's doing. These kids freaking love him. We talk about identity, our identity is Hurley. Dude, has created an insane culture and he's coaching circles around college basketball right now. View attachment 97760
What is Coach doing in this photo, smashing water bottles with the basketball? He's gonna put someone's eye out! Seriously, I was nervous watching these kids climb a ladder with scissors in their hands.

Reaction Score
I bailed on the chat after a few minutes. Actually made for a much better experience.
I think I've spent about 1 minute on the chat this season. Just hard for me to watch the game and read the chat.

Reaction Score
Never thought we would win a game when AK and Cam don’t hit a three, and score a combined 10 points. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Great toughness to overcome. Ice cold whole first half. Zebras allowing blatant holding on every offensive curl and calling whisper soft shizzle on us.
Survive and advance.
Great to see Stewie growing up
So many ways to win. We just don’t freak out. We go to the 90’s and squeak by St. John’s while shooting crazy good yo follow up with the tightness fatigue and pressure of tonight. We play sooooo much like Genos classic teams. Stay around. Stay active. Keep confident with your sets and plan. Go on huge back breaking runs.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yea, it's a little misleading. But its not like we won many championships in the AAC anyway (2016). Those were some dark years.

Anyway, who cares. We are at the mountain top right now.

U-C-O-N-N!
Not the point that we only won 1 NC in the AAC, but no conference tournaments. We didn’t have a chance to win the BE while not a member. Doesn’t get any simpler.

Reaction Score
People got way too spoiled by the Sanogo/Clingan rotation last year. Samson obviously has his flaws but not alot of teams have legit backup Cs and certainly not one like Samson who has changed the flow of a game in our favor multiple games this year as soon as he checked in .
Amen. I get bummed out about him not rebounding enough and getting out of position on defense sometimes but you are so right...we have a different one two punch. He's automatic on the pick and roll. He's a jumping jack and and we become more dynamic athletically when Hass and Samsob step on the court. It looks a bit different than last season but it kind of has the same impact.

Reaction Score
If you subtract the AAC years (7), it was only 5 years that we didn't win a Big East title. Compare that to NC state tonight ( 37 years) and North Carolina ( 7, before tonight); not winning an ACC tournament. Shows you how stupid it is to constantly bring it up.
UAB v. Temple in the AAC.

Reaction Score
The best part of the media attention is the Kentucky fans speculating that Hurley might leave for Lexington.
If they offer him $10 million per, it would be difficult to turn down.

Reaction Score
I think I've spent about 1 minute on the chat this season. Just hard for me to watch the game and read the chat.

I get on but rarely stay on or focused on it. There’s always someone with a feed about about 30 seconds ahead and all of a sudden you see a couple people saying “Tristen nice” and you’re like he hasn’t done anything yet? Lol

Reaction Score
Big East Champs again what a fun team to watch this year and there’s more to come. Congrats to the kids and the staff well played.

Took 6:30 to score a bit scary but they found a way. I will say this the 15-2, 10-0 and not scoring for 6 plus minute starts needed to have ended yesterday. Maybe not against #16 but you do that against the 8-9 winner that will be tough.

Funny even though DC had a double double at halftime he was much better in the 2nd half even moved better, seemed nervous in the 1st. Samson some nice minutes again.

Minus Stewie for 3 in a row this was hopefully one of those rough shooting nights they got out of their system.

Give Marquette and Shaka credit playing without Kolek and also an injured Mitchell they played their butts off until the flag went up. I do hope they are healthy next weekend for their sake.

Next….

Reaction Score
The intros to the BET Finals remain goosebumps stuff. A uniquely BE thing for a NYC tournament. I was ready to run thru a wall when the Hypnotize beat came on.
It was a head scratcher though why they introduced Marquette with California love playing in NYC there are so many song with NYC connections (I know Tupac is from nyc) but that is definitely a west coast Era song. Just was strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom