Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A wide open 3 from a 45% shooter with 2 on 1 for the rebound might be a better shot than a layup, no joke.
I don’t think it was a bad shot, I just don’t think it was the best decision. I think he had just missed a 3 before it too.

Reaction Score
We were ranked 2 in the country. We'll be a 3 seed on Sunday. It's been a step forward this year.
Just not in the league or in the post season tournament. This might be crazy, but what if the field is just weaker? Should we not count January?

Reaction Score
The concern at this point is Hawkins isn't very mentally tough and as far as Jackson, a big part of toughness is discipline, which he doesn't have either.

If I'm going to ding Hurley for anything, it's in failing to recruit an alpha clutch performer. Guys either have it or don't, and so far our guys haven't.
And a great ball handling point guard.

Reaction Score
We saw 25 minutes of a potential legend in the making yesterday. But these last 50 mins have been pretty atrocious. Wish his floor was somewhere in the middle...but when he's bad it's brutal.
High ceiling but low floor. I guess that’s why us fans are unsettled because there is so much variation

Reaction Score
We were ranked 2 in the country. We'll be a 3 seed on Sunday. The team is considered a serious contender by most. It's a step forward.
I was convinced we’d be a 3, but if X wins, that can very well drop us to a 4

Reaction Score
Just not in the league or in the post season tournament. This might be crazy, but what if the field is just weaker? Should we not count January?
Of course we should count January. Same question to you, should we not count November, December, February, March*? Because January was the only bad month

And yes, I know you're on the record we're going out round 1. Good luck with that prediction

Reaction Score
If my memory is correct, the official making the call was behind the play. That happened quite a bit this year.

Reaction Score
A wide open 3 from a 45% shooter (probably closer to 50-60% wide open stepping into it) with 2 on 1 for the rebound might be a better shot than a layup, no joke.
If you guys are talking about the pull up transition three from Joey I loved that shot, he just didn't make it.

What I didn't like was Joey taking our final shots. Hawkins was so in his own head he turned down an open pull up jumper and threw a pass to Joey at the end of the shot clock that he wasn't even expecting because Hawkins should've taken the shot. Joey is a streak shooter and it was pretty clear his shot was off by the end of the game.

Reaction Score
The top of BE is very good this year. No shame in 4th when 1 - 3 have good teams and coaches. I've been with this team for 40 years and I'll take this season so far. We will win games next week.

Reaction Score
Of course we should count January. Same question to you, should we not count November, December, February, March*? Because January was the only bad month

And yes, I know you're on the record we're going out round 1. Good luck with that prediction
I just don’t understand the argument of we were number 2 at one point.

And so far March is playing out exactly how I thought. We’ll see! What’s your prediction?

Reaction Score
It’s not luck. Computers call a team consistently not able to pull out close games unlucky. Athletes call those teams not good enough.
I never quite understood how luck is calculated

Reaction Score
We were ranked 2 in the country. We'll be a 3 seed on Sunday. It's been a step forward this year.
But this is the best team Hurley has had and may ever have at UConn. There's no such thing as a step forward year in college basketball with one and done players and the portal. You need to win now with what you have as you can just as easily be worse next year, your competitors can get better, recruits not gel or any combination of these. It's a different world now. Like Apollo Creed said, "There is no tomorrow!" or Eminem said, "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime." I encourage all players to listen to Eminem before every big game. The ultimate hype and focus song. Sieze the moment, or let it slip by.

Reaction Score
Calling Hurleys offense a “playground” offense is next level stupid. He may have too many sets. He actually needs a little more “playground” for when his sets break down
Have you ever, EVER, seen a double screen by UConn? Let alone a properly set single screen? I double down on the one-on-one, playground description of our offense.

“Playground” offense works if you have a distributing, penetrating point guard: Shabazz, Kemba.

We don’t.

Reaction Score
I just don’t understand the argument of we were number 2 at one point.

And so far March is playing out exactly how I thought. We’ll see! What’s your prediction?
I didn't say anything about us being number 2. I've been pretty clear anything less than the Sweet 16 is a disappointment. As for prediction, we exit in the Elite 8

Reaction Score
Have you ever, EVER, seen a double screen by UConn? Let alone a properly set single screen? I double down on the one-on-one, playground description of our offense.

“Playground” offense works if you have a distributing, penetrating point guard: Shabazz, Kemba.

We don’t.
Yes. We run Hawkins off double screens every game. What are you watching?

Reaction Score
Would have been nice if that looong 3 by Marquette didn't go in.
Would have been nice if Joey hit that late 3.
Would have been nice if Hawk could create a shot on the last possession, or at all.
Bottom line they hit more big shots than we did. Played great D. Won a close game.
2 good Tourney Teams. Let's get ready for the big dance.

Reaction Score

We don’t.
Yes, we set literally hundreds of screens a game and Hawkins runs off double screens to get 3's non-stop. This is just an incredibly dumb take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom