Marquette BET Postgame Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Marquette BET Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Still not a commanding post player. A play that has typified ONO's play all along was near the end of one quarter when, with the clock ticking down, she got the ball, dribbled into the lane just four feet from the basket, and then- no, she didn't just lunge for the basket and put up a layup as one would expect a 6'5" post player to do- she passed outside to the perimeter as time expired. ONO most of the time seems positively frightened by the prospect of playing anywhere near the rim.

Yes, she got seven rebounds in 25 minutes, but only one offensive rebound, committed three turnovers (including the one mentioned above), and three personal fouls. Does not intimidate.
100% on board. Get ready for the dislikes from the glass half full folks who oft-times look at stats as the end-all gauge of one’s performance.

Reaction Score
Check it out. I think one "stats" page had 29 and 22 as
minutes of playing time.
1646673569823.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Still not a commanding post player. A play that has typified ONO's play all along was near the end of one quarter when, with the clock ticking down, she got the ball, dribbled into the lane just four feet from the basket, and then- no, she didn't just lunge for the basket and put up a layup as one would expect a 6'5" post player to do- she passed outside to the perimeter as time expired. ONO most of the time seems positively frightened by the prospect of playing anywhere near the rim.

Yes, she got seven rebounds in 25 minutes, but only one offensive rebound, committed three turnovers (including the one mentioned above), and three personal fouls. Does not intimidate.
Fairfield, if you’re going to cherry-pick players for anything and everything they did wrong during the game, how about the following:
  • Azzi was only 1/9 shooting the ball
  • Aaliyah had 2 charges called running over opponents which was reminiscent of her freshman season.
  • Paige had 3 turnovers and only 2 assists, for an un-Paige like a/to ratio of 0.67.
  • Evina matched Paige with 2 assists & 3 turnovers.
  • Both Caroline & Christyn put up goose eggs from the arc.
  • Nika continues to be foul prone with 3 fouls in only 22 minutes.
These kids are not perfect, and no one should expect them to be. Liv played a solid game yesterday. I’ll take her any day on my team.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Check it out. I think one "stats" page had 29 and 22 as
minutes of playing time.
I believe you are correct, and it was the respective points and rebounds totals for ONO, AE, and DJ.

Reaction Score
She coaches like she played when she was point guard for Notre Dame: tough, hard-nosed defense, and a never-give-up mentality.
I really like Megan. IMO, she could be a Uconn candidate for head coach when Geno retires.

Reaction Score
I just loved how we jumped all over Marquette from the start of the game. That 3/4 pressure, mild, created an aggressive mindset for the players. You know you are in trouble when Nika knocks down a few shots and you gotta call a time out. :D Way to go, Nika!!

Reaction Score
You know she had a groin injury a couple weeks ago, right? No, she’s not moving in the same way she had been pre-injury. Those take time to heal.
More than understanding on that front. It’s that time of year though!!

Reaction Score
Fairfield, if you’re going to cherry-pick players for anything and everything they did wrong during the game, how about the following:
  • Azzi was only 1/9 shooting the ball
  • Aaliyah had 2 charges called running over opponents which was reminiscent of her freshman season.
  • Paige had 3 turnovers and only 2 assists, for an un-Paige like a/to ratio of 0.67.
  • Evina matched Paige with 2 assists & 3 turnovers.
  • Both Caroline & Christyn put up goose eggs from the arc.
  • Nika continues to be foul prone with 3 fouls in only 22 minutes.
These kids are not perfect, and no one should expect them to be. Liv played a solid game yesterday. I’ll take her any day on my team.
I’ll take her too! Along with the other 8 rotation players. When one or two are not hitting, the others can pick them up. But the stats are not necessarily a barometer of how a player is performing. AE and Dorka, to my eye, were much more valuable to my eye. It makes sense for all 3 bigs to get about equal time, with more or less time based on Geno’s determination as to their value at any given point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom