Marketing department email? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Marketing department email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm not sure. Tell me what proof you have that sales are going well?

I have none.

I'll make a deal with you - if Michigan games doesn't sell out, i won't post for a month. If it does, you don't post for a month.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have none.

I'll make a deal with you - if Michigan games doesn't sell out, i won't post for a month. If it does, you don't post for a month.

No. The game will eventually sell out. They had the choice of putting up to 4k bleachers in front of the scoreboard and only went with 2500 because they felt that's all they could sell by the time the game starts. They will sell it out.

My point is that the game should be sold out accept for a select group of tickets already. And since we have no news on it surely it hasn't happened. If we did have it sold out already we should be pumping that to the hills and back. So it's either we have not sold it out, or the marketing dept is so bad they are not bragging about selling out early wi the largest crowd ever at the rent blah blah. You take your pick of which. Either stinks.

If for some crazy reason Michigan does not sell out, then everything you defend is a joke and I'm freaking right about all the garbage I spew out. Sucks to be in that position as u huh?

Tell me again, how many BCS games has warde added to the schedule? Nova and stony brook! No silly BCS not fcs....

If sales were going well them how come no one knows about them? Either they are going bad or this school can't market or pump itself for the life of it.

We should have those bleachers for md and Rutgers also. Maybe even Lville. But we won't because besides the Michigan game if we don't win early this year the rent will be a 20-25k ghost town at best. NCST was a prime example and that was early in p's second year not latter. It hadn't fully set in yet with most how bad it was.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just as I figured.

Big talk. Little follow through.

Oh please. I have done bets on here and followed thru win or lose. I went quiet and was completely in line when whaler and fishy donated to buy my posting time.

Taking a bet on a Michigan sellout is a joke. Find something legit to bet on and I'll play for a donation to something.

Your a clown.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
HFD on the Michigan game:
this year michigan plays @ psu and @uconn and you think just magically michigan i s going to fill this place up? most fans will autoatically go to psu over uconn.

5 hours later:
Taking a bet on a Michigan sellout is a joke. Find something legit to bet on and I'll play for a donation to something.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No. The game will eventually sell out. They had the choice of putting up to 4k bleachers in front of the scoreboard and only went with 2500 because they felt that's all they could sell by the time the game starts. They will sell it out.

My point is that the game should be sold out accept for a select group of tickets already. And since we have no news on it surely it hasn't happened. If we did have it sold out already we should be pumping that to the hills and back. So it's either we have not sold it out, or the marketing dept is so bad they are not bragging about selling out early wi the largest crowd ever at the rent blah blah. You take your pick of which. Either stinks.

If for some crazy reason Michigan does not sell out, then everything you defend is a joke and I'm freaking right about all the garbage I spew out. Sucks to be in that position as u huh?

Tell me again, how many BCS games has warde added to the schedule? Nova and stony brook! No silly BCS not fcs....

If sales were going well them how come no one knows about them? Either they are going bad or this school can't market or pump itself for the life of it.

We should have those bleachers for md and Rutgers also. Maybe even Lville. But we won't because besides the Michigan game if we don't win early this year the rent will be a 20-25k ghost town at best. NCST was a prime example and that was early in p's second year not latter. It hadn't fully set in yet with most how bad it was.
Rubbish. Rubbish I say! See unless you work for a prestigious marketing firm you just wouldn't understand. You don't know UConn's budget! You don't know what their objective is! Why, you need metrics! Metrics to measure things like... increased ticket sales! Yeah. And believe you me, you get what you pay for. No sir. Nothing in this life ever did come cheaply. Positive word of mouth, buzz on twitter, drumming up fan support beyond core constituents, heck even posters on a train - those are big dollar items. Big. And unless you know exactly how many eyeballs look at that there tweet or poster... welp, the whole exercise is pointless. See, you aren't in marketing, so you can't possibly understand. Good day, good sir.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
HFD on the Michigan game:

5 hours later:
You are an idiot. He never once said that it wouldn't sell out. What he's saying is that UConn is content to do the bare minimum for it. Yes, we'll sell it out. Maybe a week in advance, and maybe with some handouts that we give Rutgers for. Maybe not. But without buzz/momentum/MARKETING... we are in danger of barely getting it over that finish line. And that is NOT ACCEPTABLE. We should have droves of people who WANT to go who can't find a ticket. We should have people complaining about the prices on Stubhub. You know why? Because those are better problems to have. They show some commitment to football, some desire to survive, to say "Yeah, that's what's up B1G. We sold it out months in advance, people of CT and the surrounding area are very interested in your product - and we'll do the same if we are in your league."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Amen @ctmike. U said it. That was my response just more drunk.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Amen @ctmike. U said it. That was my response just more drunk.
I don't know how I ended up with the HFD Rant Decoder Ring, but well there you have it. Haha.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Michigan game will sell out the second they sell the season game tickets. It's not sold out yet because they are still trying to sell season tickets. Jeeves.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
We should have people complaining about the prices on Stubhub.

So, how much money should we spend on selling out a game that is already going to sell out?

Your complaint is that we aren't doing enough for the scalpers? We should spend $'s out of our small precious budget because we want to raise prices on stubhub?

This is the dumbest thing I read all week.

Know what would get us noticed? Winning the game. Think about it, genius.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not what I said but feel free to keep putting words in my mouth!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
lmao, the classic sdhusky marketing strategy "just win the game".

Pure genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01