Mario Kegler | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mario Kegler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you were a transfer and you saw UConn's transfer situation it may suggest that there was some problem at UConn. If you had other viable options UConn could get eliminated early on in the process.

Sometimes transfers seek refuge at an island for misfit toys. We fit that mold right now. Better than fading off to a lesser mid major as many do. Although Kegler's stock should entice power 5's.

pj

Reaction Score
Step it up KO and Chill! Time to beat somebody for a top recruit!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The fact that they waited this long, so late in the season, means Baylor lured them behind the scenes.
Ollie stated stated that coaches are doing that and that's not what he does. He doesn't agree with it

Reaction Score
What we need is some positive vibes coming from the boneyard instead of the constant negativity we see on here daily

We've got a chicken and egg situation here. It's hard to be positive about the last 12 months of UConn basketball. Some folks are capable of positivity no matter how bad things look.

Internet message boards are not full of people like that.

Reaction Score
The fact that they waited this long, so late in the season, means Baylor lured them behind the scenes.
I was thinking it had more to do with the NBA Draft deadline and seeing team's complete returning rosters, but this makes a lot of sense too

Reaction Score
I was thinking it had more to do with the NBA Draft deadline and seeing team's complete returning rosters, but this makes a lot of sense too

Well, Baylor's Motley hired an agent over a month ago, so that wouldn't explain the sudden interest in switching to Baylor. There is no one else on Baylor who even figures in the NBA Draft, and Motley isn't even sure to be picked at all.

Reaction Score
Well, Baylor's Motley hired an agent over a month ago, so that wouldn't explain the sudden interest in switching to Baylor. There is no one else on Baylor who even figures in the NBA Draft, and Motley isn't even sure to be picked at all.
I was speaking more to the overall wave of at least 3 players who announced they're transferring today. And that's just the ones I've seen on here. I agree that for Kegler your reason makes more sense

Reaction Score
We've got a chicken and egg situation here. It's hard to be positive about the last 12 months of UConn basketball. Some folks are capable of positivity no matter how bad things look.

Actually you are revising history a wee bit. We were coming off a 25 win season.
12 months ago we had our best recruiting class in years with a MCD AM
Plus a great point guard returning a good Athlete at the two and another top pick transfer becoming eligible . We also had hope for Facey and Brimah .
It looked like a UConn return to top tier basketball was here. ,we also were ranked in the preseason top 20. Our only coaching worry was KO going to he NBA
I'm only pointing this out to show how unwarrented excess optimism or pessimism at this time of year seem to be.

Reaction Score

Motley is a talented kid teams would be crazy not take a shot late 1st round at least.

Reaction Score
Motley is a talented kid teams would be crazy not take a shot late 1st round at least.

Yes, agree, but the mock drafts have him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
Yes, agree, but the mock drafts have him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Wow I'm amazed. Guess that's why I suck at evaluation.

Has a ways to go fundamentally and maybe his IQ (which we speak of a lot) is lacking but there's a ton of potential there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Lot of people are aware that no one wants to listen to them bitch irl. With the advent of message boards, they now have an outlet. And a soap box.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ollie stated stated that coaches are doing that and that's not what he does. He doesn't agree with it

I hate to say this, but in this age of communication, I think that's an antiquated concept. I'm quite certain all the major programs do it (if they need to). PCU sniped us good on that score.

Reaction Score
I hate to say this, but in this age of communication, I think that's an antiquated concept. I'm quite certain all the major programs do it (if they need to). PCU sniped us good on that score.
It doesn't make it right and I'm ok with Ollie's position. Good for him. He has his standards and ethics. Now if Kill or Chill went rogue well... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom