March Madness Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

March Madness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Iowa is an absolute mess. Just lost to Illinois. Wow.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Puke has just moved up to a 2 seed after losing a tough 16 pt lead in the final 3 1/2 minutes of regulation
Earned a seeding spike due to Grayson Allen's sobfest at the end of the game

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
is it me? and I know they can play out different but todays games are less interesting to me on paper than yesterdays even.
Tomorrow it gets good I think

Reaction Score
EPIC choke job by Duke in the 2nd half. Lost in OT to Notre Dame.
Depending on how Indiana does in the B1G tournament, Duke is a 4 to 5 seed. I think if Indiana wins, that gets them to 4...maybe 3 seed if things break well. If Indiana is out early, their a 5 seed that people don't really want to play.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Watching the San Diego State- Utah State game (yes, I am). That has to be one of the worst officiated end of games I've ever seen.

Utah State got absolutely screwed so the MWC can try to save their pathetic #1 seed

Reaction Score
Go Tennessee, up by 1 over Vandy. Can Rick Barnes coach them home? Is that asking for a miracle?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Go Tennessee, up by 1 over Vandy. Can Rick Barnes coach them home? Is that asking for a miracle?

(Not hitting send on this until the clock hits double zero. And until this shot gets waived off- wow)

But why is Vandy such a lock? 13 losses in the weak ass SEC. BEFORE this loss, they were 48 RPI. Advanced metrics look good, Ken Pom/BPI both 23. So before this bad loss (RPI 142), their resume was BARELY better than ours (56/30/29). Yet they're a 9 seed. Lunardi is a clown.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
duke pulls one out against NC State, Pitt beats cuse and boeheim says the committee should not count the games he wasnt there for, more games on now and later tonight

And the committee shouldn't count the games AB didn't play - if he did a few of those should have gone the other way

Reaction Score
(Not hitting send on this until the clock hits double zero. And until this shot gets waived off- wow)

But why is Vandy such a lock? 13 losses in the weak ass SEC. BEFORE this loss, they were 48 RPI. Advanced metrics look good, Ken Pom/BPI both 23. So before this bad loss (RPI 142), their resume was BARELY better than ours (56/30/29). Yet they're a 9 seed. Lunardi is a clown.
This is a brutal loss for them. They can hang their hats on home wins vs. A&M and Kentucky, but both at home and they are 3-9 on the road and 5-10 R/N. They now have 3 sub-100 losses. That's a lot.

The SEC is barely better than the AAC by any available metric. This team has put itself in trouble. Their RPI will drop to near 60.

Their advanced metrics (minus KPI, which has them at 70 before this loss) are great...better than ours. We'll see how that changes though. Probably not much.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Vandy was in no way safely in before this loss.

That site you linked had UConn playing Vandy in a playin game

Fair enough. Saw a lot of ppl had them safe and was very confused.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Saw a lot of ppl had them safe and was very confused.
To people on this site who trust Lunardi as much as they do, they were safely in. He had them at a 9 yesterday, which is like 6-10 spots from the cut.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Who wants to bet that Duke will be a 2 or 3 seed come selection Sunday.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
While we're blowing up resumes of teams that are "locked" and have absolutely no reason to be over us, I submit Colorado (pre-Arizona loss, for which I waited til it was finished to send):

31 RPI
45 BPI
56 Ken Pom

They basically have the exact reverse resume of us on those metrics (56/29/30) except ours is a little better, same record, and an equal SOS. No bad losses (worst is UCLA at 100, worse than ours).

8 seed in Lunardi's bracket. He has us out.

I'm just saying, the guy has one job to do and he's awful at it. If they're going to use the advanced metrics more heavily now than RPI, someone better wake him up. He's setting a perception and providing potential cover for the committee.

Also, F Cincinnati

Reaction Score
While we're blowing up resumes of teams that are "locked" and have absolutely no reason to be over us, I submit Colorado (pre-Arizona loss, for which I waited til it was finished to send):

31 RPI
45 BPI
56 Ken Pom

They basically have the exact reverse resume of us on those metrics (56/29/30) except ours is a little better, same record, and an equal SOS. No bad losses (worst is UCLA at 100, worse than ours).

8 seed in Lunardi's bracket. He has us out.

I'm just saying, the guy has one job to do and he's awful at it. If they're going to use the advanced metrics more heavily now than RPI, someone better wake him up. He's setting a perception and providing potential cover for the committee.

Also, F Cincinnati
All the Pac's best wins come against each other. They inflated their RPIs and beat practically no one. It's crazy when you look at their resumes.

In fact, the RPIs are so inflated that 3 sub-.500 teams have RPIs in the Top 100. That's nuts.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
All the Pac's best wins come against each other. They inflated their RPIs and beat practically no one. It's crazy when you look at their resumes.

In fact, the RPIs are so inflated that 3 sub-.500 teams have RPIs in the Top 100. That's nuts.
It's not just the PAC, all the P5 schools are using this strategy and logic to boost their resumes and RPIs. Somehow when a P5 bests a fellow P5, no matter how awful they may be, has an inherent value because, "well they are a P5 program after all" reasoning. Whereas when the AAC does it it hurts the entire league because a bunch of G5 cupcakes beat up on each other. See 2014 NCAA seeding.

Reaction Score
The acc will send 5, I don't believe pitt and cuse will make it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member