March Madness Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

March Madness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
All the Pac's best wins come against each other. They inflated their RPIs and beat practically no one. It's crazy when you look at their resumes.

In fact, the RPIs are so inflated that 3 sub-.500 teams have RPIs in the Top 100. That's nuts.

You see where Colorado and Oregon state are today, after losses??

Reaction Score
You see where Colorado and Oregon state are today, after losses??
You move more in the lower 75 than you do in the upper 30-40, generally. SMU was Top 10 coming into conference, lost 5, and stayed 11.

That said, I think it's a longshot. Oregon State at 33, and Colorado at 35...that's ridiculous.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You move more in the lower 75 than you do in the upper 30-40, generally. SMU was Top 10 coming into conference, lost 5, and stayed 11.

That said, I think it's a longshot. Oregon State at 33, and Colorado at 35...that's ridiculous.

Agreed. My point was more that they moved up a seed line each after losses yesterday.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
5 Duke vs. 12 UConn. Make it happen, NCAA.
That would be a bad matchup for us. Duke is pedestrian this year but the things they do well are things we suck at combatting. And the things that are exploitable on them we can't exploit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That would be a bad matchup for us. Duke is pedestrian this year but the things they do well are things we suck at combatting. And the things that are exploitable on them we can't exploit.

I think the teams mirror each other
Sporadic good guard play, neither have a true 3 or 4 and its a 5 by committee

Reaction Score
We are UConn. They are Duke. We will always find something exploitable.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think the teams mirror each other
Sporadic good guard play, neither have a true 3 or 4 and its a 5 by committee

Im thinking more along the lines of Duke shooting threes and being very good getting them in secondary break. We have had some trouble this year identifying shooters and closing out in that milieu.

Also, Duke defense totally overplays and hedges hard at the ball. Gibbs would be backed up to half court to start our offense. We don't have enough guard composure (yet) to make them pay for the overplay.

Finally Duke is very susceptible to abuse inside. Syracuse beat them at Cameraon this year because Roberson had like 20 something rebounds at least 1/2 offensive. We are not a good offensive rebounding team. Shonn Miller could exploit some advantages inside, but weve shown this year that we are terrible about getting him enough shots, and he hasnt been great staying on the floor.

Bad matchup

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Michigan tied with Indiana with 12 left in the second half

Reaction Score
Michigan tied with Indiana with 12 left in the second half
This is a tough matchup from our perspective. On one hand, we could be competing with Michigan for a spot. On the other hand, a Michigan win would make our W against them look better. I haven't crunched any numbers but it might make them a top 50 RPI team

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Damn Michigan with a dramatic W vs Indiana. Not sure if that helps or hurts us, would almost rather other bubble teams continue to lose then to see it slightly boost our own resume

caw

Reaction Score
Im thinking more along the lines of Duke shooting threes and being very good getting them in secondary break. We have had some trouble this year identifying shooters and closing out in that milieu.

Also, Duke defense totally overplays and hedges hard at the ball. Gibbs would be backed up to half court to start our offense. We don't have enough guard composure (yet) to make them pay for the overplay.

Finally Duke is very susceptible to abuse inside. Syracuse beat them at Cameraon this year because Roberson had like 20 something rebounds at least 1/2 offensive. We are not a good offensive rebounding team. Shonn Miller could exploit some advantages inside, but weve shown this year that we are terrible about getting him enough shots, and he hasnt been great staying on the floor.

Bad matchup

Duke is also a horrid defensive team against penetration. The biggest issue is I don't know who on UConn defends Tatum.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Jay Williams says nova isn't a top (4) team. They didn't play or beat anyone OOC only wins have come within conference

Reaction Score
Jay Williams says nova isn't a top (4) team. They didn't play or beat anyone OOC only wins have come within conference
Yup.

It's how I feel about most of the Pac...and definitely all the top A10 teams. Gotta win some OOC games. It's why our Texas win--and maybe our Michigan win--is so helpful.

Reaction Score
Yup.

It's how I feel about most of the Pac...and definitely all the top A10 teams. Gotta win some OOC games. It's why our Texas win--and maybe our Michigan win--is so helpful.

I think St. Joe's and Dayton did enough this year to be in, but I can't see how St. Bonaventure or VCU are on the right side of the bubble.

I give VCU credit for playing a really good ooc, but they didn't win a single one of them.

St. Bonaventure played just one team from a power conference, Syracuse, and lost.

Reaction Score
I think St. Joe's and Dayton did enough this year to be in, but I can't see how St. Bonaventure or VCU are on the right side of the bubble.

I give VCU credit for playing a really good ooc, but they didn't win a single one of them.

St. Bonaventure played just one team from a power conference, Syracuse, and lost.
I'll accept Dayton (though they are way overrated)

I don't get the St. Joe's love.

40 Princeton
60 Temple
88 Virginia Tech (N)
96 Buffalo

Those are their OOC wins of "note." Temple is the only worthwhile win.

They're a lock, but UConn isn't?

27 @Texas
55 Michigan (N)
70 Ohio State
105 Georgetown

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sooooo how duck*ing bad is LSU? Despite ESPN shoving the Ben Simmons Tigers down our throats all season long, they are outside looking in while getting crushed 38-71 to Texas damn A&M.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Quite the finish brewing on Fox in the nbe title game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom